Windows 10: Will resetting my old PC to its factory settings have any effect on my new PC if my...

Discus and support Will resetting my old PC to its factory settings have any effect on my new PC if my... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have had my new PC for a couple years now and am finally planning on getting rid of my old PC. I don't really care or need the files on my old PC... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ALIEN Kingpin, Jul 3, 2021.

1. Will resetting my old PC to its factory settings have any effect on my new PC if my...

I have had my new PC for a couple years now and am finally planning on getting rid of my old PC. I don't really care or need the files on my old PC since I haven't needed them for a couple years anyways. I want to reset the PC before I sell it but am worried that if I reset it while it is connected to my Microsoft account that I use on my new PC, that it will have some sort of bad effect on my new PC, such as certain files that I don't want to lose on my new PC go missing, or my new PC resets as well. I don't know if that is even possible but I just wanted to know if I am in the clear to reset

:)

ALIEN Kingpin, Jul 3, 2021

2. factory reset will wipe the data in PC?

Hello,

I realize that you are trying to perform a factory reset to the computer. We will help you.

• How are you trying to perform a factory reset in your computer?
    • What issue are you facing to perform a factory reset?
    I suggest you to perform a recovery with keep my files in Windows 10.

Recovery options in Windows 10.

Keep my files

What it does

• Reinstalls Windows 10 and keeps your personal files.

• Removes apps and drivers you installed.

• Removes changes you made to settings.

• Removes any apps your PC manufacturer installed. (If your PC came with Windows 10, apps from your PC manufacturer will be reinstalled.)

Refer:
    Recovery options in Windows 10

To Reset you’re PC,

* On your login screen, hold Shift button,
    then right click on Power button and select
    Restart

* Select Troubleshoot> Reset this PC > Keep my files.

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Sachin Venkatesh, Jul 3, 2021
  3. IggSter Win User
    How to factory reset Cisco 1700 Router

Hopefully I can help you here....its a very common thing to happen.

First, I take it you dont know the passwords for console access or telnet/ssh?

I will assume that these devices belong to you.

step 1. Plug a cisco console cable into a serial port on your pc
    step 2. Plug other end into Cisco console port
    step 3. Using hyperterm or putty or similar connect to the serial port
    step 4. boot router, and make sure you clearly can see the output (this confirms you have good serial comms)
    step 5. if this fails, adjust the comm port settings (9600, 8,1,n are the default)
    step 6. now you have to do the only hard part...send the break command:

Break command list: Break Commands

Go down the list and match your OS and SW and try the sequence suggested.

If this fails several times do what I do: Install putty (free) and then to send a break so you can get into rommom just hit "ctrl-a b".

IggSter, Jul 3, 2021
  4. Ikaruga Win User

Will resetting my old PC to its factory settings have any effect on my new PC if my...

router logs DoS attack from a local PC....

Well you did not say that you don't really know what you are doing. It's not a problem of course, but it changes things a little.

It's not even clear if the PC or the router is the problem at this time, so I suggested that you disable some unnecessary things which are usually known to cause many problems, sorry if those were too complicated.

• You could reset some network related stuffz on the PC as a next step. Open an elevated command prompt (run as administrator), and enter the followings on the PC:
      netsh int ip reset reset.log
      netsh int ipv6 reset
      netsh winsock reset
      netsh branchcache reset
      netsh advfirewall reset
      (note: You can export your current firewall rules in the "group policy" before the reset if it's needed for some reason)

• Btw, Would it be a problem to reset the router to the default settings if the things we are trying will not help? There is a menu point for that called "factory settings" (and also a little hole on the back if you prefer that one).. the Administrator username in the router after the reset would be admin and the password is probably on a sticker at the bottom of the router (special settings needed to go online with your ISP might be also necessary)
      This is not needed now (not yet), but perhaps the source of the problem is at the router and not the PC in question, so we may come to that eventually.
    ps.: Do you have a second network card you could test in that PC and a different cable to rule out some hardware issues on the PC side?

Ikaruga, Jul 3, 2021
Thema:

Will resetting my old PC to its factory settings have any effect on my new PC if my...

1. Will resetting my old PC to its factory settings have any effect on my new PC if my... - Similar Threads - resetting old factory

2. How to factory reset my pc?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to factory reset my pc?: My pc had been giving me the critical process died error and WILL NOT LET ME GET TO THE LOG IN SCREEN. How am I able to factory reset my pc? I try to go through the troubleshoot in the recovery environment but it doesn't give me the option to reset my pc. I'm honestly getting...
  3. How to factory reset my pc?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to factory reset my pc?: My pc had been giving me the critical process died error and WILL NOT LET ME GET TO THE LOG IN SCREEN. How am I able to factory reset my pc? I try to go through the troubleshoot in the recovery environment but it doesn't give me the option to reset my pc. I'm honestly getting...
  4. My pc is stuck on factory reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My pc is stuck on factory reset: Hello my PC has been stuck on factory reset for about the past 1-3 hours. I don't know how long it would take but whenever it asks me " Choose an operating system " I click Windows 10 On volume 5 and it just resets and does the same thing again. I have clicked all the...
  5. Factory Resetting my PC

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Factory Resetting my PC: Hello, a few couple days ago i had this thing that popped up on my screen it was some adware that avast detected and i just closed it and didn't pay attention to it. A few hours later the detections are going up, i had alot of detections in like 10 minutes. All of them...
  6. If i reset my pc and choose to wipe everything will that reset my pc to factory setting...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    If i reset my pc and choose to wipe everything will that reset my pc to factory setting...: If i reset my pc and choose to wipe everything will that reset my pc to factory setting with only windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/if-i-reset-my-pc-and-choose-to-wipe-everything/fedda40c-1a5a-4399-82fe-38cbab36f739
  7. reset my PC to factory settings

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    reset my PC to factory settings: I cant get My lap Top HP ENVY X 360 to rest factory https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reset-my-pc-to-factory-settings/1be3545e-1ce4-4cb0-bcd1-076ef75f4944
  8. My pc wont factory reset

My pc wont factory reset: whenever my pc gets done completing the factory reset it takes me to the blue screen with options and when i contiune to windows and start it a message appears and says your pc wasnt reset nothing was changed or something like that...
  9. Can not factory reset my pc

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can not factory reset my pc: Okay so my brother received a new laptop for school and gave me his desk top. It is an HP Pavilion 20 all in one desktop with 4gb of ram, a dual core processor, well it turns out it is only pushing half of what it has. So I went to factory reset it so I could sell it because...
  10. Unable to factory reset my PC

Unable to factory reset my PC: The problem Hi guys, I know this question's been resolved thousands of times and there's hundreds of threat, however, that being said, I have searched for a solution for around a month now and still haven't found one. My computers around 5 years old, however I have only been...