Windows 10: Will resetting my pc with keep my files option removes user account. If yes then how to get...

Discus and support Will resetting my pc with keep my files option removes user account. If yes then how to get... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Recently my pc stops booting and always stuck in the windows logo and then no signal. Sometimes i got the error 0xc0000017 . I tried to fix it but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by IronMan_101, Sep 29, 2019.

1. Will resetting my pc with keep my files option removes user account. If yes then how to get...

Recently my pc stops booting and always stuck in the windows logo and then no signal. Sometimes i got the error 0xc0000017 . I tried to fix it but unsuccessful in that. I decided to reset my pc. Now only problem is last time when did full pc reset my computer identity was lost and some important files were unaccessible now this time i did it with keep my files option so will my computer identity will lost again?

:)

IronMan_101, Sep 29, 2019
  2. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:
      Code:
      net user test /del

Vesao, Sep 29, 2019
  3. trying to remove user account

Hi Jack,

Deleting a user account in a Windows device can be done by an administrator. Before removing the user account, make sure that you are using an administrator account to avoid errors.

Follow these steps to remove a user account in your computer:

• Open the Control Panel.
    • Click on User Accounts and then Select User Accounts.
    • Click on Manage User Accounts.
    • Choose the account that you want to delete.
    • Click on Delete the account.
    • Choose if you want to keep the files or delete the files in the user account that you'll be removing.
    • Click on Delete Account button to complete the process.

Let us know if further assistance is needed.

Darleen Pen, Sep 29, 2019
  4. Will resetting my pc with keep my files option removes user account. If yes then how to get...

Microsoft account Sign in option under user account is not working

Hi NAvneet.

Many thanks for your help. But this didn't work.

Should I try the below procedure. Someone has suggested this method to similar query in other thread. Pls suggest:

Please follow the steps to enable the build in administrator and check if it helps:

• Use the power button on the sign-in screen to Shift+Restart. This will take you to the recovery boot menu.
    • Click Troubleshoot, Advanced options, Startup settings. When given the choice of startup options, try booting the PC in
      Safe Mode with Command Prompt. If you can’t get there, skip to the next major step.
      • If you can get to a CMD window, enable the built-in administrator account:

net user administrator /active:yes
      • Then restart and sign-in as the Administrator account.
      • Once in the Administrator account, open Regedit
        and go to the following key:

HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\Software\Microsoft\IdentityCRL\StoredIdentities
      • Save a backup of the key: Export the StoredIdentities key to a .REG file on the desktop.
      • Then continue with step 4 below.
    • Use boot media to access the recovery command prompt.
      • Start Regedit.
      • Select the HKEY_USERS key.
      • Click File, Load Hive. and go up in the file system to This PC. Then browse to this file and then click Open:

C:\Windows\System32\config\DEFAULT
      • When prompted, name it “def”
      • Select this key:

HKEY_USERS\def\Software\Microsoft\IdentityCRL\StoredIdentities
      • Save a backup of the key: Export the StoredIdentities key to a .REG file on the C:\ drive.
    • Find the subkey under StoredIdentities that matches the name of the Microsoft Account.
    • Delete the key.
    • If you loaded the offline registry hive, go back up in the tree on the left and select “def”. Then click File,
      Unload hive. This option will only be available if “def” is selected.
    • Restart the PC and test sign-in.
    • Once done, you may need to Verify the account in Settings, Accounts in order for it to be fully usable in Windows again.
    • If you used the built-in Administrator account to resolve the issue, please return it to the default disabled state to help keep the Computer secure. To do so follow the steps:
      net user administrator /active:no
    Please create a new administrator account using the Microsoft Account and check.

Shobhitjain2005, Sep 29, 2019
Thema:

Will resetting my pc with keep my files option removes user account. If yes then how to get...

1. Will resetting my pc with keep my files option removes user account. If yes then how to get... - Similar Threads - resetting keep files

2. I get this option after reset my pc with keep my file, but i found this options. I tried...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I get this option after reset my pc with keep my file, but i found this options. I tried...: My pc show these option https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-get-this-option-after-reset-my-pc-with-keep-my/d5e028a3-e4a5-4088-a0f5-b4733378c6a5
  3. I get this option after reset my pc with keep my file, but i found this options. I tried...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I get this option after reset my pc with keep my file, but i found this options. I tried...: My pc show these option https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-get-this-option-after-reset-my-pc-with-keep-my/d5e028a3-e4a5-4088-a0f5-b4733378c6a5
  4. I get this option after reset my pc with keep my file, but i found this options. I tried...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. If i reset my pc but keep all my files will it keep the files for all accounts on the pc?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    If i reset my pc but keep all my files will it keep the files for all accounts on the pc?: i want to reset my pc but i want to make sure it keeps all the files for all the accounts on the pc https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/if-i-reset-my-pc-but-keep-all-my-files-will-it/871ebdf9-44b6-4aad-b9b3-73c2065d86be
  6. If i reset my pc but keep all my files will it keep the files for all accounts on the pc?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    If i reset my pc but keep all my files will it keep the files for all accounts on the pc?: i want to reset my pc but i want to make sure it keeps all the files for all the accounts on the pc https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/if-i-reset-my-pc-but-keep-all-my-files-will-it/871ebdf9-44b6-4aad-b9b3-73c2065d86be
  7. If i reset my pc but keep all my files will it keep the files for all accounts on the pc?

8. Reset This PC -- "Keep my files" option

Reset This PC -- "Keep my files" option: I was wondering, if you select the "Keep my files" option while resetting the PC, what folders does Windows keep on the laptop? And besides that, does Windows wipe everything else other than those folders? Any help is appreciated! :...
  9. Keep my files option in Reset this PC menu

Keep my files option in Reset this PC menu: What I need to know is which files will be considered as personal files during the reset process. Will the entire windows partition be wiped, including the username folder in Users folder which contains folders like Pictures, Downloads and other folders like Android sdk and...
  10. Reset PC whilst keeping files but removing accounts

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Reset PC whilst keeping files but removing accounts: I updated my PC last night and lo and behold I am getting problems. Accounts passwords being seemingly reset just to name one thing. I decided that it was about time for a PC cleanup, so I want to reset Windows whilst keeping my personal files but removing the accounts. I...