Windows 10: Will resetting my 'pre-built' pc lose the OEM windows?

Discus and support Will resetting my 'pre-built' pc lose the OEM windows? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I got a Pre-Built Pc a couple years back, and am now looking to sell it to a friend. If I am to use the reset PC option in the settings option, will I... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by BestieDako, Jun 18, 2022.

1. Will resetting my 'pre-built' pc lose the OEM windows?

I got a Pre-Built Pc a couple years back, and am now looking to sell it to a friend. If I am to use the reset PC option in the settings option, will I lose the windows activation that is locked to the PC?

:)

BestieDako, Jun 18, 2022

2. OEM Pre-installed Software after Reset PC and OEM Partition after Upgrade

Hi,

I got some question about Windows 10.

The first question:

Inside the Disk Management, I saw Recovery Partition, OEM Partition
    and EFI System Partition.

I heard there was the OEM pre-installed softwares inside the
    OEM Partition.

Is that true??

The second question:

I know that Windows 10 will create its own Recovery Partition and the Windows 7/8.1 Recovery Partition will be inoperable.

How about OEM Partition??

The third question:

I know there's two ways to do a clean install.

Using Reset PC or recovery media that we downloaded/created.

If I use Reset PC option, the time when it reinstall Windows 10 will
    same as Windows 7/8.1 (reinstall OEM pre-installed software together) or
    not (just the system softwares/windows softwares)??

I searched Microsoft Community but all the topic is about Recovery Partition.

Sorry about my English XD

Thank all for helping.

Lee Jia Hui, Jun 18, 2022
  3. pre built gaming PC?

There's no reason to buy a name brand PC if you insist on a pre-built one. There are plenty of build houses that will build to your spec (within their configurator), and they also have pre-built models.

Doesn't make much sense to buy ANY pre-built though. Any 3 hr window you'd have on a weekend would easily be enough time to assemble ordered parts. We're talking like 8 main components which now a days are very easy plug n play assembly.

There are several easy to follow videos on how to put together a PC on YouTube, and if you watch them before the parts come, you'll literally be ready before they get there.

Frag Maniac, Jun 18, 2022
  4. Will resetting my 'pre-built' pc lose the OEM windows?

Formatting pre built pc

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are facing issues while performing re-installation of Windows on your PC.

Since you are receiving the error inaccessible_boot_device
    while performing the re-installation I would suggest you to check if the bootable media is set as the first priority to boot the PC. Follow the steps to change the boot device.

1. Power the device off and then back on.
    2. Look for a message on the boot screen just before or after the manufacturer logo appears. You may need to press the
      F1, F2, or Delete button, whatever key is indicated on the boot screen to enter
      BIOS Settings.
    1. Inside BIOS, look for a tab called
      BOOT and select that page. Depending on the BIOS manufacturer, this page could be
      BOOT, ADVANCED, STARTUP, etc
    1. Once you are on the BOOT tab find the boot priority and change the boot device to USB first and second hard drive.

If you are still facing issues, you can try creating a new bootable media and check if you are able to perform the installation. Refer the article

How to create Windows 10 installation DVD/USB flash drive Step-by-Step Guide

You can also try updating BIOS, as there is an update available for the motherboard model you are using. You can download the update from the

manufacturer website

Note: Modifying BIOS/ complementary metal oxide semiconductor (CMOS) settings incorrectly can cause serious problems that may prevent your computer from booting properly. Microsoft cannot guarantee that any problems
    resulting from the configuring of BIOS/CMOS settings can be solved. Modifications of the settings are at your own risk.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Jun 18, 2022
Thema:

Will resetting my 'pre-built' pc lose the OEM windows?

1. Will resetting my 'pre-built' pc lose the OEM windows? - Similar Threads - resetting 'pre built'

2. How to reset windows without losing pre-installed 365?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to reset windows without losing pre-installed 365?: Got this Hp laptop back in 2019 from best buy and it came pre-installed with 365. Ive updated to windows 11, but now I want to wipe my laptop clean. Will it also delete 365? I do not have a subscription or anything....
  3. How to reset windows without losing pre-installed 365?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to reset windows without losing pre-installed 365?: Got this Hp laptop back in 2019 from best buy and it came pre-installed with 365. Ive updated to windows 11, but now I want to wipe my laptop clean. Will it also delete 365? I do not have a subscription or anything....
  4. If I factory reset my pre built will I lose the windows 10 license it came with?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    If I factory reset my pre built will I lose the windows 10 license it came with?: My pc has been problematic recently so I want to completely reset it and I am worried that if I do I will lose the license since I don't have a product key for it....
  5. If I factory reset my pre built will I lose the windows 10 license it came with?

If I factory reset my pre built will I lose the windows 10 license it came with?: My pc has been problematic recently so I want to completely reset it and I am worried that if I do I will lose the license since I don't have a product key for it....
  6. If I factory reset my pre built will I lose the windows 10 license it came with?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. Will resetting my 'pre-built' pc lose the OEM windows?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Will resetting my 'pre-built' pc lose the OEM windows?: I got a Pre-Built Pc a couple years back, and am now looking to sell it to a friend. If I am to use the reset PC option in the settings option, will I lose the windows activation that is locked to the PC?...
  8. Will resetting my 'pre-built' pc lose the OEM windows?

Will resetting my 'pre-built' pc lose the OEM windows?: I got a Pre-Built Pc a couple years back, and am now looking to sell it to a friend. If I am to use the reset PC option in the settings option, will I lose the windows activation that is locked to the PC?...
  9. Do pre-built desktop PC's have built in Wi-Fi?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Do pre-built desktop PC's have built in Wi-Fi?: I have run into some confusion. I thought it was a given that all new pre-built desktop and laptop PC's would have built in Wi-Fi. However, after during some research online, some sources said some PC's come with built in Wi-Fi and some don't. So let's say I went on Amazon...
  10. Formatting pre built pc

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Formatting pre built pc: Ok so i really hope somebody can help me with this. I bought a pre built pc a few days ago. This is a "demo" pc which pretty much meant the pc was returned/repaired and not picked up again so they sold it very cheap. Now the first thing i did when i got it was check for...