Windows 10: Will resetting pc fix driver issues?

Discus and support Will resetting pc fix driver issues? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I am facing some driver problems. Will resetting pc help me?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Abid AhmedZidan, Oct 26, 2020.

1. Will resetting pc fix driver issues?

I am facing some driver problems. Will resetting pc help me?

:)

Abid AhmedZidan, Oct 26, 2020

2. Issues with installing the drivers and apps after performing reset on the device

Hi,

As you are facing issues with installing the drivers on your device, do not worry we will help you with this issue.

We appreciate your effort in resolving the issues with touch screen.

Provide us additional information to assist you better with this issue:

• Are you facing any issues with connecting to the internet?
    • Were you able to see any error message in the device manager?

I suggest you to try updating the network drivers and check if it is reflecting under installed programs in
    Control Panel.

Step 1: I suggest you to
    Run Network Adapter troubleshooter

Network Adapter troubleshooter find and fix the problems with wireless and other Network Adapter.

• Click on Start; in the start search type
      Troubleshooter and hit Enter.
    • In the left pane, click onView all.
    • Click on Network Adapter Troubleshooter.
    • Select Advance and click on
      Run as Administrator.
    • Click Next and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the troubleshooting process.

Step 2: I suggest you to update the network adapter driver from device manager.

Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows key + x key on your keyboard.
    • Select Device manager.
    • Expand Network adapters. Right-click on the device and click
      Update Driver Software.
    • Restart the computer and check if the issue persists.

Refer to the article by Andre Da Costa regarding
    How to: Install and Update drivers in Windows 10 and check if it helps.

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of installing the driver on your device for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Oct 26, 2020
  3. Romel Ram Win User
    resetting the pc

Hi,

There is a possibility that this is due to software corruption. To properly isolate the issue, kindly verify the following:

• Have you performed Reset this PC option?
    • Did you encounter any error messages?
    • Any recent changes made on the computer prior to the issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done to fix the issue?
    We're looking forward to your response.

Romel Ram, Oct 26, 2020
  4. IggSter Win User

Will resetting pc fix driver issues?

How to factory reset Cisco 1700 Router

Hopefully I can help you here....its a very common thing to happen.

First, I take it you dont know the passwords for console access or telnet/ssh?

I will assume that these devices belong to you.

step 1. Plug a cisco console cable into a serial port on your pc
    step 2. Plug other end into Cisco console port
    step 3. Using hyperterm or putty or similar connect to the serial port
    step 4. boot router, and make sure you clearly can see the output (this confirms you have good serial comms)
    step 5. if this fails, adjust the comm port settings (9600, 8,1,n are the default)
    step 6. now you have to do the only hard part...send the break command:

Break command list: Break Commands

Go down the list and match your OS and SW and try the sequence suggested.

If this fails several times do what I do: Install putty (free) and then to send a break so you can get into rommom just hit "ctrl-a b".

IggSter, Oct 26, 2020
Thema:

Will resetting pc fix driver issues?

1. Will resetting pc fix driver issues? - Similar Threads - resetting fix driver

2. Having Driver issues and issues with OS will a reset fix all this ? I'm seriously not able...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Having Driver issues and issues with OS will a reset fix all this ? I'm seriously not able...: I bought this laptop 1.5 years ago initially it didnt had any issues but one day i came up with this issue that my speakers arent working i dont know what to do as by that time i was new to Windows ive used windows but this is my first windows pc....so suddenly one day saw...
  3. PC Reset Issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC Reset Issues: HelloI have a motherboard x299 gaming 7 for 4.5 years and i've update it's bios to f9r,ever since the pc is shutting down instead of reset from windows 10/11.With f9p bios it didn't happened, i've tried default bios settings and it didn't helped at all,the gigabyte support...
  4. PC Reset Issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC Reset Issues: HelloI have a motherboard x299 gaming 7 for 4.5 years and i've update it's bios to f9r,ever since the pc is shutting down instead of reset from windows 10/11.With f9p bios it didn't happened, i've tried default bios settings and it didn't helped at all,the gigabyte support...
  5. Reset pc issue

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Reset pc issue: I have started reseting my pc and it stuck on 99% for almost 4 hours what should I do now??* Moved from Health & Band https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reset-pc-issue/60056c11-9c85-4844-94b9-2fc70938d64a
  6. PC Reset issue

PC Reset issue: Hello I recently chose to reset my pc but during the reinstallation of windows 10 it got stuck at 92%. Its been like this for 10 hours. Any help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pc-reset-issue/93eb77b4-0b59-4818-a3c6-34f6e33adfb6
  7. Issues Resetting PC

Issues Resetting PC: Hello! Hoping someone can help... I’ve been having issues with my laptop, ran multiple virus checks nothing flagged up. Decided my only option, after exhausting many peoples advice online, was to reset my PC. When I attempted this the laptop didnt reset and a notice...
  8. Issue with Reset this PC

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Issue with Reset this PC: I decided to reset both my laptop (windows 10 home) and desktop (windows 10 pro), my laptop reset was fine, and is now up and running as expected. However, I'm having an issue with resetting my desktop, so I decided to do it the old school method, using the windows media...
  9. PC Reset issues

PC Reset issues: Hello, I want to sell my computer so I am resetting it but every time I try to do it, it says: There was a error with resetting your PC no changes were made. [Sorry I did not get that phrase completely right.] I have tried every reset option but it still says the same thing....
  10. Fixed Issue: There was a problem resetting your pc

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Fixed Issue: There was a problem resetting your pc: Reset this PC is a good feature that is available on Windows 10 and Windows 8. But sometime you could not reset your pc for some reasons (due to missing some system files or encrypted data) [ATTACH] Three Ways to fix “There was a problem resettingyour pc” In this...