Windows 10: Will resetting the Mail & Calendar app in Windows 10 delete my email accounts?

Discus and support Will resetting the Mail & Calendar app in Windows 10 delete my email accounts? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Will resetting the Mail & Calendar app in Windows 10 delete my email accounts - i.e. will re-entering all email account data be required? Your time... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Frost King, Mar 19, 2019.

1. Will resetting the Mail & Calendar app in Windows 10 delete my email accounts?

Will resetting the Mail & Calendar app in Windows 10 delete my email accounts - i.e. will re-entering all email account data be required?

Your time is very much appreciated.

:)

Frost King, Mar 19, 2019
  2. Michael87 Win User

How to delete outlook emails accounts list in Windows 10 Mail App.

Hi, i want to ask - How i can delete outlook email accounts in Windows 10 mail app.

I use on this mail app only outlook.cz email accounts, i use etc 6 emails accounts. So now i delete 3 email accounts and i use only 2 email accounts.Problem is, when i go to - Mail app - Settings - Accounts managements - Add Account
    i see on the list still my old deleted emails accounts.

I want to ask how i clear history of this accounts on this list or how i cant delete cache from this mail app.

Please do not answer me how to delete account, i know how i can delete email account. I want only delete this list.
    I add any images here. Thanks

Will resetting the Mail & Calendar app in Windows 10 delete my email accounts? [​IMG]

Will resetting the Mail & Calendar app in Windows 10 delete my email accounts? [​IMG]

Michael87, Mar 19, 2019
  3. s427 Win User
    Google account (mail / calendar) not syncing in Windows 10

I'm having a problem with the default Mail and Calendar apps in Windows 10. For a while I was able to sync my Google account emails (Gmail) and calendar in those apps, but about a week ago, it has stopped working: the calendar is empty (no events, and no calendars listed), and the emails that were already synced are still there, but syncing doesn't bring any new email.

I tried deleting my Google account from the mail (or calendar) app, by going to "settings -> accounts", and then re-creating the account. I did that three times. Each time I was able to complete the following steps:

1. enter my Gmail address,
    2. then my Google account password,
    3. then the confirmation code sent by SMS,
    4. and finally got to the screen "Windows would like to..." (permissions listing), on which I clicked "Accept" (obviously).

The first time, I then got a Windows message "Something went wrong", followed by an error code (I didn't write it down).

The second time, I didn't get this error message, so it looked like the account was successfully created (it appeared in my accounts list in the settings of those apps), but nothing was synced: both apps (mail / calendar) remained empty. (I tried syncing manually by clicking the sync button in the mail app: still nothing, even though the app confirmed that it was "up to date".)

For my third attempt, I had found this question, so I went and created an "app password" in my Google account, specifically for those apps. But when I got to the password screen (step 2 described above) and entered this app password instead of my regular account password, I got an error message (from Google) asking me to enter my account password and not an app password. So I did that, and that got me exactly the same result as my second attempt (account created but nothing synced).

I also tried both answers given on the same question (first via "settings > accounts > add account > Other account", and second via "settings > accounts > add account > Advanced setup"), but none of them worked for me (again, account created but nothing synced).

Has anyone experienced the same problems? How can I make this work?

UPDATE: a few months back (early October 2015) I received an email from Microsoft inviting me to "reconnect to Google" (that was the title of the email). I ignored it for a while, but recently followed the steps in this email and now everything seems to be working fine. So I'm guessing that MS somehow fixed whatever bug it was.

4. meebers Win User

Will resetting the Mail & Calendar app in Windows 10 delete my email accounts?

Mail & Calendar App

By default, M&C app will install an outlook account according to your sign in. I sign into W10 with a non MS account "---@gmail.com" so my default account is listed like this, I can't seem to straighten it out/ delete/change it. Suggestions appreciated.

meebers, Mar 19, 2019
Thema:

Will resetting the Mail & Calendar app in Windows 10 delete my email accounts?

1. Will resetting the Mail & Calendar app in Windows 10 delete my email accounts? - Similar Threads - resetting Mail Calendar

2. Will resetting the Mail & Calendar app in Windows 10 delete my mails and calendar details?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Will resetting the Mail & Calendar app in Windows 10 delete my mails and calendar details?: Hi,My Mail and Calendar are taking up more than 80GB in storage and I read somewhere that resetting could decrease and clears up some storage.However, how will it affect my emails & the calendar details I've had on the calendar?Will the storage amount be back if I...
  3. Will resetting the Mail & Calendar app in Windows 10 delete my mails and calendar details?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Will resetting the Mail & Calendar app in Windows 10 delete my mails and calendar details?: Hi,My Mail and Calendar are taking up more than 80GB in storage and I read somewhere that resetting could decrease and clears up some storage.However, how will it affect my emails & the calendar details I've had on the calendar?Will the storage amount be back if I...
  4. Add email calendar invites from Windows 10 Mail app to Calendar app

Add email calendar invites from Windows 10 Mail app to Calendar app: I'm using Windows 10 mail app for all of my email accounts. I like to keep all my calendar invites in my Google calendar, so when there is a calendar invitation from a different email account I need to add it to my Google calendar. I have Google calendar in Windows 10...
  5. How to delete an Email account from Mail app in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to delete an Email account from Mail app in Windows 10: [ATTACH]If you do not want to use an email account in the Mail app, you can remove it from there. You can follow this step […] This post How to delete an Email account from Mail app in Windows 10 is from TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  6. Lost email in Mail and Calendar app

Lost email in Mail and Calendar app: Hi! Yesterday it took me 3 hours to write an important email. I finished it and I sent it. Saw it on the outbox folder the disappeared as I supposed that it was sent. Closed the computer (sleep) and today when I was checking for the time that I sent the email I couldn't...
  7. Deleting a mail account in Windows 10 Mail App

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Deleting a mail account in Windows 10 Mail App: I have installed several mail accounts in Windows 10 mail like IMAP, icloud and Google mails. Suddenly they were not able to syncronise and seemed to have stopped working. I wanted to delete all the accounts and reconfigure them again, however I were not able to delete the...
  8. deleting email accounts in mail

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    deleting email accounts in mail: For some reason i am unable to remove accounts from mail. I have been into accounts section in mail and i have clicked on the account i want to delete but nothing happens. Normally the account comes up and you click on it are asked to edit or delete it in a page in the...
  9. Mail App and Deleting Emails

Mail App and Deleting Emails: I use the mail app for several email acounts, gmail and outlook. Outlook works fine when deleting however, when I go to select all in my gmail accounts through the mail apps the cursors doesn't change. It selects them, but when I hit delete nothing happens. It just sits...
  10. Delete Email Messages in Windows 10 Mail app

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Delete Email Messages in Windows 10 Mail app: How to: Delete Email Messages in Windows 10 Mail app How to Delete Email Messages in Windows 10 Mail app The Mail and Calendar apps included with Windows 10 help you stay up to date on your email, manage your schedule and stay in touch with people you care about the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. will resetting email delete al email

2. does resetting mail app delete all e nails

3. Will re-setting outlook remove my emails

4. Will resetting Windows 10 mail delete my contacts and emails,
  5. will resetting the mail app delete all emails