Windows 10: Will resetting the PC restore pre-installed drivers.

Discus and support Will resetting the PC restore pre-installed drivers. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have installed a wrong driver and the gestures on my touchpad doesn't work. Now I wanted to know whether resetting the PC will restore the drivers... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Dhiraj J S, Jan 16, 2022.

1. Will resetting the PC restore pre-installed drivers.

I have installed a wrong driver and the gestures on my touchpad doesn't work. Now I wanted to know whether resetting the PC will restore the drivers that came pre-installed with Windows.I will be selecting the Keep personal files option. I don't want lose my filesOr tell me if there are any other ways to restore factory installed drivers.

:)

Dhiraj J S, Jan 16, 2022

2. Windows 7 wont install drivers

i dont think anyone here understands what your asking either when its nearly a 90% english dominated Tech forum.
    Step 1
    reinstall windows from scratch
    Step 2
    install all drivers from the cd that came with the god damn motherboard *common sense*
    Step 3
    update windows
    Step 4
    install misc etc crap like flash java etc etc
    Step 5
    Install GPU drivers
    Step 6
    go back to using your pc without issue.

crazyeyesreaper, Jan 16, 2022
  3. Windows 7 wont install drivers

+1

If you having an issue installing a driver that worked before you formatted or wont install on a fresh build, sometimes this means hardware damage

brandonwh64, Jan 16, 2022
  4. David Haz Win User

Will resetting the PC restore pre-installed drivers.

Unable to reset PC

Hello,

If you are unable to reset your PC through Windows 10, you may use an installation media to restore your system or reset your PC. You may download an installation media and use it by following the steps below:

• On a working PC, go to the Microsoft software download website.
    • Download the media creation tool and then run it.
    • Select Create installation media for another PC.
    • Choose a language, edition, and architecture (64-bit or 32-bit).
    • Follow the steps to create installation media, and then select Finish.
    • Connect the installation media you created to your PC, then turn it on.
    • On the initial setup screen, enter your language and other preferences, and then select
      Next.
      • Note: If you're not seeing the setup screen, your PC might not be set up to boot from a drive. Check your PC manufacturer's website for info on how to change your PC's boot order, and then try again.
    • Select Repair your computer.
    • On the Choose an option screen, select Troubleshoot. From there, you may:
      • Restore from a system restore point by selecting Advanced options
        > System Restore. This will remove recently installed apps, drivers, and updates that might be causing your PC problems. Restoring from a restore point won't affect your personal files.
      • Select Reset this PC to reinstall Windows 10. This will remove apps and drivers you installed and changes you made to settings, but lets you choose to keep or remove your personal files.
    If you need further assistance, feel free to ask us.

David Haz, Jan 16, 2022
Thema:

Will resetting the PC restore pre-installed drivers.

1. Will resetting the PC restore pre-installed drivers. - Similar Threads - resetting restore pre

2. Pre-installed apps won't open after doing a PC Reset.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pre-installed apps won't open after doing a PC Reset.: Just wanna ask a question. I reset my PC Windows 10 just last week. I was unable to open some pre-installed apps like Microsoft Store, Mail, Camera, Calculator, etc. I cannot also open the photos on my Pictures folder using the Photos app so I can only view the images with...
  3. Pre-installed apps won't open after doing a PC Reset.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pre-installed apps won't open after doing a PC Reset.: Just wanna ask a question. I reset my PC Windows 10 just last week. I was unable to open some pre-installed apps like Microsoft Store, Mail, Camera, Calculator, etc. I cannot also open the photos on my Pictures folder using the Photos app so I can only view the images with...
  4. Will resetting the PC restore pre-installed drivers.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Will resetting the PC restore pre-installed drivers.: I have installed a wrong driver and the gestures on my touchpad doesn't work. Now I wanted to know whether resetting the PC will restore the drivers that came pre-installed with Windows.I will be selecting the Keep personal files option. I don't want lose my filesOr tell me...
  5. Will resetting the PC restore pre-installed drivers.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Will resetting the PC restore pre-installed drivers.: I have installed a wrong driver and the gestures on my touchpad doesn't work. Now I wanted to know whether resetting the PC will restore the drivers that came pre-installed with Windows.I will be selecting the Keep personal files option. I don't want lose my filesOr tell me...
  6. pre-installed office home and student 2019 when reseting pc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    pre-installed office home and student 2019 when reseting pc: Good morning, i need some help regarding my question, does anyone know what will happen to my pre-installed office home and student 2019 one time buy, just for one computer that has been activated in my computer if i reset my pc?, i am afraid that if i reset my pc the pre...
  7. pre-installed office home and student 2019 when reseting pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    pre-installed office home and student 2019 when reseting pc: Good morning, i need some help regarding my question, does anyone know what will happen to my pre-installed office home and student 2019 one time buy, just for one computer that has been activated in my computer if i reset my pc?, i am afraid that if i reset my pc the pre...
  8. Restore windows 10 pre-installed apps

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Restore windows 10 pre-installed apps: Hello, I reset my hard drive and wrongly I removed the pre-installed apps of windows. When the reset was done there was no pre-installed app. How can I restore it all the pre-installed apps and windows settings?...
  9. Will I lose drivers if resetting laptop with pre-installed win 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Will I lose drivers if resetting laptop with pre-installed win 10: My windows 10 laptop is running extremely slow after 2004 update. Takes 20 min to restart& is slow while using. Going to reset the laptop completely .Windows 10 came pre-installed. My question - will I lose all the drivers in this process??? What are the things I should be...
  10. Driver installation after Reset PC

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Driver installation after Reset PC: Do I need to reinstall my drivers after resetting my PC? 24618