Windows 10: Will resetting Windows 10 save all my photos, files, and such?

Discus and support Will resetting Windows 10 save all my photos, files, and such? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; hi. My pc is super slow and it cant even open any programs so I thought about resetting it. The problem is that I have several thousand of important... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by RuiPLRC, Jul 18, 2018.

1. RuiPLRC Win User

Will resetting Windows 10 save all my photos, files, and such?

hi. My pc is super slow and it cant even open any programs so I thought about resetting it.

The problem is that I have several thousand of important photos and college work that cant be erased. I have some of my dash board and others are on my Window Driver C since it has a lot of Gb.

If I reset it will I lose the songs, photos and files I have on my dashboard, download folder and the Window Driver C? I know my progams will be uninstalled but that doesnt matter to me.

Thank you for your response.

:)

RuiPLRC, Jul 18, 2018
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jul 18, 2018
  3. Tatty_One Win User
    Saves log files ?

You can either read the files in Windows or my preferred method is.....

Download CCcleaner from here...........

CCleaner Professional | Try the world’s most trusted PC cleaner, free!

You can then run cleaner, you will see the log files listed, then if you right click you can save as a text file and then have a read. You may also get an "error reporting" log listed seperatly.

Tatty_One, Jul 18, 2018
  4. Will resetting Windows 10 save all my photos, files, and such?

how to save scanned photos and documents to computer

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to give permission for entire system, so that you can save the files in photos and documents.

• Right click on the folder and click on properties.
    • Click on security tab and select the group\user name.
    • Click on edit option and check the option full control.
    • Click on apply and then on ok button.
    Now you can try saving the file in photos and documents and check if the issue persists.

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Jul 18, 2018
Thema:

Will resetting Windows 10 save all my photos, files, and such?

1. Will resetting Windows 10 save all my photos, files, and such? - Similar Threads - resetting save photos

2. Save as: All file types saved my project as a mpdb file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Save as: All file types saved my project as a mpdb file: I recorded a beat track on my Mixpad multitrack studio recording software and saved it, but the only option windows 11 gave me was Save as File Type: All Files, and it saved it as a mpdb file which I can't upload back into Mixpad because it doesn't support that file type. How...
  3. Save as: All file types saved my project as a mpdb file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Save as: All file types saved my project as a mpdb file: I recorded a beat track on my Mixpad multitrack studio recording software and saved it, but the only option windows 11 gave me was Save as File Type: All Files, and it saved it as a mpdb file which I can't upload back into Mixpad because it doesn't support that file type. How...
  4. save all my old files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    save all my old files: I need to know how to clone vista 32 bit to a compatible hard drive so I can transfer to a windows 10 64 bit. The Microsoft license has expired as well. Can I still do this? I still have access to all of my documents etc. Do I need to purchase a new license?...
  5. save all my old files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    save all my old files: I need to know how to clone vista 32 bit to a compatible hard drive so I can transfer to a windows 10 64 bit. The Microsoft license has expired as well. Can I still do this? I still have access to all of my documents etc. Do I need to purchase a new license?...
  6. Yesterday I reset my laptop with Windows 10 and asked that all files be saved. How do I...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Yesterday I reset my laptop with Windows 10 and asked that all files be saved. How do I...: Yesterday I reset my laptop with Windows 10 and asked that all files be saved. How do I recover these? OneDrive?Richard W. Darnell https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/yesterday-i-reset-my-laptop-with-windows-10-and/afb237e5-a55c-4353-b7aa-1ec2911829d2
  7. Yesterday I reset my laptop with Windows 10 and asked that all files be saved. How do I...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Yesterday I reset my laptop with Windows 10 and asked that all files be saved. How do I...: Yesterday I reset my laptop with Windows 10 and asked that all files be saved. How do I recover these? OneDrive?Richard W. Darnell https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/yesterday-i-reset-my-laptop-with-windows-10-and/afb237e5-a55c-4353-b7aa-1ec2911829d2
  8. Saving Photos in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Saving Photos in Windows 10: Can someone please tell me how to save photos in Windows 10. I do not know how to create a file or folder and am a complete beginner in Windows 10. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/saving-photos-in-windows-10/be495e7d-f834-4776-bb07-299cc5799b1a"
  9. Windows 10 reinstallation. Will all of my personal files be saved to windows.old

Windows 10 reinstallation. Will all of my personal files be saved to windows.old: I want to reinstall windows 10 because of an interrupted update broke my entire system. I'm stuck on a startup repair that doesn't do ****, including all of the other options that windows offers in case of those issues. Pretty much nothing works. But that's not why I'm here....
  10. Reset Windows 10. Wipe all files?

Reset Windows 10. Wipe all files?: Good evening I am currently an Windows 7 Professional user, and I was seriously considering to jump to Windows 10. After upgrading, I was thinking in doing a factory reset, in order to try to mimic a clean install of the system. When exploring the options on Internet, I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. will resetting windows 10 photos app lose all my photos