Windows 10: Will resetting Windows 10 to factory settings if 7 was the stock OS reset it to 7 or 10?

Discus and support Will resetting Windows 10 to factory settings if 7 was the stock OS reset it to 7 or 10? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I am considering buying a refurbished laptop from Amazon. The OS that was installed when the laptop was new was Windows 7, but the owner upgraded it to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by CharlieWard1, Dec 1, 2018.

1. Will resetting Windows 10 to factory settings if 7 was the stock OS reset it to 7 or 10?

I am considering buying a refurbished laptop from Amazon. The OS that was installed when the laptop was new was Windows 7, but the owner upgraded it to 10. If I bought it, I would probably wipe the drive for a clean slate. Would going to settings and reset this PC and removing all files reinstall Windows 10 like it would if that was the stock OS or would it reinstall 7?

:)

CharlieWard1, Dec 1, 2018
  2. Drone Win User

Repair Windows 7/8/10

Reset-WindowsUpdate.ps1

This script will completely reset the Windows Update client settings on Windows 7, 8, 10, and Server 2012 R2. It will configure the services and registry keys related to Windows Update for default settings. It will also clean up files related to Windows Update, in addition to BITS related data.

Download from Technet

Drone, Dec 1, 2018
  3. newfellow Win User
    How to reset whole netsh? (Windows 7)

Was wondering has the commands changed somehow since on Windows XP and on Windows Vista 'NETSH INT RESET ALL' cleaned entire netsh up from top to bottom.

Now on Windows 7 this same command says no go and only way I can see it is by building .cmd/.bat which does something like:

Code: netsh winsock reset all netsh int 6to4 reset all netsh int ipv4 reset all netsh int ipv6 reset all netsh int httpstunnel reset all netsh int isatap reset all netsh int portproxy reset all netsh int tcp reset all netsh int teredo reset all[/quote] now the king of the hill of bugs is this doesn't actually do even it's job even after reboot. values setup to are not reset to defaults. (I know I could add more entire list of entries there is, but looking for clean delete/wipe settings & default everything not to dump entire list of resets.)

So, anyone got a plan B?

newfellow, Dec 1, 2018
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Will resetting Windows 10 to factory settings if 7 was the stock OS reset it to 7 or 10?

Repair Windows 7/8/10

what good does this do?

Ahhzz, Dec 1, 2018
Thema:

Will resetting Windows 10 to factory settings if 7 was the stock OS reset it to 7 or 10?

1. Will resetting Windows 10 to factory settings if 7 was the stock OS reset it to 7 or 10? - Similar Threads - resetting factory settings

2. Reset to factory settings

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Reset to factory settings: I reset my toshiba laptop to factory reset, because I felt like my laptop has slowed down. And while resetting at 80% it shuts down by itself and never turned on so I did it manually, when I turned it on, it says the device has been reset but was not able to delete the files...
  3. Reset to Factory Settings on laptop running Windows 10 but originally Windows 7

Reset to Factory Settings on laptop running Windows 10 but originally Windows 7: A laptop that I use regularly has recently been showing signs of some kind of corruption. I first noticed it when a notification popped up to say that Windows Defender needed to be turned on but when I went to do so it said "Your Virus & threat protection is managed by your...
  4. Windows 10 Factory Reset

Windows 10 Factory Reset: Hello. I did a factory reset and I never knew it would delete drives. I don't have sound and theres an x over it, and I used to connect to WI-FI and it shows a PC monitor with an x. How do you fix that? Please help!...
  5. Windows 10 factory reset

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 factory reset: I was performing a factory reset on my to pavilion 11-ad010TU and I accidently shut down my laptop when it was reinstalling Windows. Once I restarted the laptop a warning message appeared that said the computer restarted unexpectedly or encountered an unexpected error Windows...
  6. reset to factory settings

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    reset to factory settings: I'm attempting to reset my laptop (Lenova Thinkpad) to factory settings. I've gone through the Widows prompts and instructions to rest but keep getting an error that "something went wrong" and my computer/ windows can not reset- Any help? Thanks...
  7. Reset Factory Settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    Reset Factory Settings: I have a Primebook that I want to reset to factory settings https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/reset-factory-settings/86bcef12-4312-4d02-ac62-ba0aeadc413e
  8. Windows 10 factory reset

Windows 10 factory reset: Hi, my laptop show black screen after failed restore windows. It is run windows but didnt start anything. I cant restore to factory options. i cant run .exe, regedit, cmd. Sorry for my not good English. 114939
  9. Reset to factory settings

Reset to factory settings: Hi,. I have an HP Envy Phoenix with 1 Tb hard drive....64 bit. It was originally a Windows 7 computer that I upgraded to Windows 10. I decided to do a factory reset and set it to start Friday night andwhenI looked at it Saturday it was still going.....12 hours. I restarted...
  10. Resetting Windows 7 / 10 PC?

Resetting Windows 7 / 10 PC?: I've posted here before, about the problems and challenges that I was experiencing with my older PC, after upgrading from Windows 7 to 10 last July. I finally just made the jump to a newer refurbed PC with Windows 8.1. I have ( as far as I know ) everything transferred...