Windows 10: Will resetting Windows 10 to factory settings if 7 was the stock OS reset it to 7 or 10?

Discus and support Will resetting Windows 10 to factory settings if 7 was the stock OS reset it to 7 or 10? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I am considering buying a refurbished laptop from Amazon. The OS that was installed when the laptop was new was Windows 7, but the owner upgraded it to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by CharlieWard1, Dec 1, 2018.

1. Will resetting Windows 10 to factory settings if 7 was the stock OS reset it to 7 or 10?

I am considering buying a refurbished laptop from Amazon. The OS that was installed when the laptop was new was Windows 7, but the owner upgraded it to 10. If I bought it, I would probably wipe the drive for a clean slate. Would going to settings and reset this PC and removing all files reinstall Windows 10 like it would if that was the stock OS or would it reinstall 7?

:)

CharlieWard1, Dec 1, 2018
  2. Drone Win User

Repair Windows 7/8/10

Reset-WindowsUpdate.ps1

This script will completely reset the Windows Update client settings on Windows 7, 8, 10, and Server 2012 R2. It will configure the services and registry keys related to Windows Update for default settings. It will also clean up files related to Windows Update, in addition to BITS related data.

Download from Technet

Drone, Dec 1, 2018
  3. newfellow Win User
    How to reset whole netsh? (Windows 7)

Was wondering has the commands changed somehow since on Windows XP and on Windows Vista 'NETSH INT RESET ALL' cleaned entire netsh up from top to bottom.

Now on Windows 7 this same command says no go and only way I can see it is by building .cmd/.bat which does something like:

Code: netsh winsock reset all netsh int 6to4 reset all netsh int ipv4 reset all netsh int ipv6 reset all netsh int httpstunnel reset all netsh int isatap reset all netsh int portproxy reset all netsh int tcp reset all netsh int teredo reset all[/quote] now the king of the hill of bugs is this doesn't actually do even it's job even after reboot. values setup to are not reset to defaults. (I know I could add more entire list of entries there is, but looking for clean delete/wipe settings & default everything not to dump entire list of resets.)

So, anyone got a plan B?

newfellow, Dec 1, 2018
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Will resetting Windows 10 to factory settings if 7 was the stock OS reset it to 7 or 10?

Repair Windows 7/8/10

what good does this do?

Ahhzz, Dec 1, 2018
Thema:

Will resetting Windows 10 to factory settings if 7 was the stock OS reset it to 7 or 10?

1. Will resetting Windows 10 to factory settings if 7 was the stock OS reset it to 7 or 10? - Similar Threads - resetting factory settings

2. Windows 7 factory reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 7 factory reset: Hello,Since you cannot upgrade to windows 10 anymore, I am stuck with a slow, broken, 2009 windows 7 PC. I My only chance left to be able to use it properly again is to factory reset it. But I can't. I tried to do the methods on here but that is not possible for me:...
  3. Windows 7 factory reset

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 7 factory reset: Hello,Since you cannot upgrade to windows 10 anymore, I am stuck with a slow, broken, 2009 windows 7 PC. I My only chance left to be able to use it properly again is to factory reset it. But I can't. I tried to do the methods on here but that is not possible for me:...
  4. Windows 7 Factory Reset/Update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 7 Factory Reset/Update: Hello. Could someone provide me with an answer to my issue. I have a Windows 7 desktop. Lately I have been having alot of freezing, and crashes with a loud sound. I have backed up everything on a secondary harddrive. I want to restore the desktop back to it's original state...
  5. Windows 7 Factory Reset/Update

Windows 7 Factory Reset/Update: Hello. Could someone provide me with an answer to my issue. I have a Windows 7 desktop. Lately I have been having alot of freezing, and crashes with a loud sound. I have backed up everything on a secondary harddrive. I want to restore the desktop back to it's original state...
  6. Window 7 not powering on after factory reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Window 7 not powering on after factory reset: Hello i have a old Eee pc with windows 7 on it and I just went though factory resetting it though the command prompt every thing went normal intell it was done. The laptop turned off and now won’t turn back on and it is not showing lights when I plug it in or lights on the...
  7. Windows 7 Laptop - Cannot reset to factory settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 7 Laptop - Cannot reset to factory settings: I have been trying to reset my laptop to sell and followed instructions to reset to factory settings as belowSelect the category “System and Security” in the control panel.In the section “Backup and restore” you can find “Recover system settings on your computer” and then...
  8. Windows 7 Laptop - Cannot reset to factory settings

Windows 7 Laptop - Cannot reset to factory settings: I have been trying to reset my laptop to sell and followed instructions to reset to factory settings as belowSelect the category “System and Security” in the control panel.In the section “Backup and restore” you can find “Recover system settings on your computer” and then...
  9. Resetting Windows 10 to factory settings, need help with Windows 7

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Resetting Windows 10 to factory settings, need help with Windows 7: Hello, I previously made a thread detailing my dual booting between Windows 7 and Windows 10 on my HP laptop. This has served me very well for the last 3 years, with Windows 7 performing as expected (this was the OS I have been using). However, Windows 10 is not as...
  10. Reset to Factory Settings on laptop running Windows 10 but originally Windows 7

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Reset to Factory Settings on laptop running Windows 10 but originally Windows 7: A laptop that I use regularly has recently been showing signs of some kind of corruption. I first noticed it when a notification popped up to say that Windows Defender needed to be turned on but when I went to do so it said "Your Virus & threat protection is managed by your...