Windows 10: Will Resetting Windows 10 while keeping personal reset the Registry?

Discus and support Will Resetting Windows 10 while keeping personal reset the Registry? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I just want to know that if you reset windows 10 while keeping personal files, will it also clear and remake the registry or the registry will be the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Aditya PrasadNT, May 6, 2021.

1. Will Resetting Windows 10 while keeping personal reset the Registry?

I just want to know that if you reset windows 10 while keeping personal files, will it also clear and remake the registry or the registry will be the same?

:)

Aditya PrasadNT, May 6, 2021
  2. newfellow Win User

How to reset whole netsh? (Windows 7)

Was wondering has the commands changed somehow since on Windows XP and on Windows Vista 'NETSH INT RESET ALL' cleaned entire netsh up from top to bottom.

Now on Windows 7 this same command says no go and only way I can see it is by building .cmd/.bat which does something like:

Code: netsh winsock reset all netsh int 6to4 reset all netsh int ipv4 reset all netsh int ipv6 reset all netsh int httpstunnel reset all netsh int isatap reset all netsh int portproxy reset all netsh int tcp reset all netsh int teredo reset all[/quote] now the king of the hill of bugs is this doesn't actually do even it's job even after reboot. values setup to are not reset to defaults. (I know I could add more entire list of entries there is, but looking for clean delete/wipe settings & default everything not to dump entire list of resets.)

So, anyone got a plan B?

newfellow, May 6, 2021
  3. Dano 00TA Win User
    Bios keeps resetting...not the battery

I'm having problems with a abit AW9D Max board in an older build of mine that keeps resetting the bios everytime I shut it down. The time is ok so I assume it's not the battery but the other settings such as Uguru setting, ram and other stuff resets to defaults*Wtf :wtf: I've had this computer for a few years with nothing like this happening till now. I'd just leave everything at default but the Uguru alarm goes off whenever I start it and I have to disable it in the bios. Any suggestions on what I can try?

Dano 00TA, May 6, 2021
  4. P4-630 Win User

Will Resetting Windows 10 while keeping personal reset the Registry?

How to reset Windwos 8 Password?

Change or reset your Windows password

• If you've forgotten your Windows password, there are several ways to retrieve or reset it:
      • If your PC is on a domain, your system administrator must reset your password.
      • If you're using a Microsoft account, you can reset your password online. ...
      • If you're using a local account, use your password hint as a reminder.

P4-630, May 6, 2021
Thema:

Will Resetting Windows 10 while keeping personal reset the Registry?

1. Will Resetting Windows 10 while keeping personal reset the Registry? - Similar Threads - Resetting while keeping

2. Windows Registry reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Registry reset: Hi, I reset my laptops Registry because of it missing some power plans most likely because I went and edit the Registry a month ago because I was logged into a temp profile. ^Photo It's been resetting for more than 10 minutes. I followed a Youtube tutorial Link here: 29 How...
  3. Windows Registry reset

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Registry reset: Hi, I reset my laptops Registry because of it missing some power plans most likely because I went and edit the Registry a month ago because I was logged into a temp profile. ^Photo It's been resetting for more than 10 minutes. I followed a Youtube tutorial Link here: 29 How...
  4. Keep Personal Files on Resetting Windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keep Personal Files on Resetting Windows: Hi, My laptop recently crashed every time I play games. Turns out there's a corrupted window file and I decided to reset my Windows. Since I'm a student I want to save absolute everything from my C: driveMy questions are:-1. Do I need to backup or copy my files to another...
  5. Keep Personal Files on Resetting Windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keep Personal Files on Resetting Windows: Hi, My laptop recently crashed every time I play games. Turns out there's a corrupted window file and I decided to reset my Windows. Since I'm a student I want to save absolute everything from my C: driveMy questions are:-1. Do I need to backup or copy my files to another...
  6. Keep Personal Files on Resetting Windows

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Windows 10 Reset Keeping personal files Feature

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Reset Keeping personal files Feature: I recently resetted my laptop due to update problem. I selected to keep personal files but after the laptop opened, there was no single file there. The files were very important. Please help.......
  8. Resetting registry

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Resetting registry: So I was trying to move my downloads and documents folder from my OneDrive folder to another location on my SSD. I tried this method but it didn't work. I forgot to make a backup of my registry files before I made these changes. Now, some of my applications, like Steam, and...
  9. Resetting Registry

in Windows 10 Customization
    Resetting Registry: I've wanted to reset my registry, but for some reason it gave me an error and a couple keys didn't change back to their standard values. I'm using windows 10, 2004 and was wondering if i could get a screenshot of this specific key and it's default values. Since i couldn't...
  10. Windows 10 Personalization Reset?

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Personalization Reset?: So one day I logged on, and the background was black, and there was an Edge (I think) window open with plain black Times New Roman text on a white background that said something about product licence activation failure. I didn't see clearly as i immediately closed it without...