Windows 10: Will resetting windows 10 wipe the data on other drives?

Discus and support Will resetting windows 10 wipe the data on other drives? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I need to reset my windows 10 and i have no problem with clearing all apps and data on my C drive where windows is installed. But i want my data on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ChamithDe Alwis, Jan 30, 2021.

1. Will resetting windows 10 wipe the data on other drives?

I need to reset my windows 10 and i have no problem with clearing all apps and data on my C drive where windows is installed. But i want my data on other drives safe. If i select delete all data option while resetting, will i still get my files on other drives ?

:)

ChamithDe Alwis, Jan 30, 2021
  2. Scrizz Win User

Windows 10

no, you can't go back..
    I suggest creating a backup image of your os drive

Scrizz, Jan 30, 2021
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jan 30, 2021
  4. Kursah Win User

Will resetting windows 10 wipe the data on other drives?

Google Chrome keeps resetting bookmarks position

Can you list what tasks/steps you've done thus far in your attempt to resolve it?

Have you logged off your profile (if using Sync) and done a complete wipe of the browser?

How about uninstall and then wipe any remaining data?

Do you have another device you can sort on that it works fine or you could test with?

Kursah, Jan 30, 2021
Thema:

Will resetting windows 10 wipe the data on other drives?

1. Will resetting windows 10 wipe the data on other drives? - Similar Threads - resetting wipe data

2. Completely wipe all One Drive Data

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Completely wipe all One Drive Data: HelloGot a users who's One Drive Sync got a little messed up. He's got duplicates everywhere. Not sure how it happened.All his data has been backed up and sanitized on a network drive.I want completely remove all data from One drive Cloud and PC so I can restore the correct...
  3. Completely wipe all One Drive Data

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Completely wipe all One Drive Data: HelloGot a users who's One Drive Sync got a little messed up. He's got duplicates everywhere. Not sure how it happened.All his data has been backed up and sanitized on a network drive.I want completely remove all data from One drive Cloud and PC so I can restore the correct...
  4. Completely wipe all One Drive Data

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Reset Windows Wipe out D drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Reset Windows Wipe out D drive: Split from this thread. Dear Clark I have the same issue. When I was resetting the windows I explicitly selected "wipe out only the partition with Windows" which was my DISC C. I moved all my files to DISC D which had no windows and which I assumed would not be wiped out....
  6. Drive Encryption and Secure Data Wiping

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Drive Encryption and Secure Data Wiping: Okay, A new set of questions! I have a 240GB SSD with Win 10 Pro, Ver. 2004, Build 19041.329 - running as sweet as a nut. First questions. I plan to dual-boot Linux Mint Mate 19.3 alongside the Windows installation in a separate partition (offered as part of the Linux...
  7. Data wipe

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Data wipe: So I was wondering if I restart windows via wipe all data future how much disk space will windows take? submitted by /u/isusbog45 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gw2c59/data_wipe/
  8. Reset Windows 10 - apps on other drives

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Reset Windows 10 - apps on other drives: According to MS (and elsewhere) if you use a Recovery drive to "Reset" your PC - and you elect to keep your own personal files, it will still be necessary to re-install apps after Reset. Is this true of apps that were installed on a drive other than the Windows (normally C:)...
  9. Will reinstalling windows 10 delete data in other drives?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Will reinstalling windows 10 delete data in other drives?: Hi! I have a question that is rather simple. Here's the situation: I want to reinstall windows on my computer because I feel like windows are being buggy lately on my pc. It works great on my laptop but my pc has software issues. The best thing we can do is reinstall windows...
  10. Will windows 10 reset - delete everything option wipe my other drives?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Will windows 10 reset - delete everything option wipe my other drives?: Hi, I want to format my PC using the windows 10 reset function and it gives an option to wipe everything, as in all the data. I have several other hard drives connected internally and externally, will they be affected by the wipe? I only want to format and erase all data...