Windows 10: Will resetting Windows 10 with "clean drive" option also reinstall pre-installed apps?

Discus and support Will resetting Windows 10 with "clean drive" option also reinstall pre-installed apps? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have a laptop that came with Win10 installed alongside a couple of apps (that I would like to keep and don't wanna have to reinstall them manually).... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by F.S77, Feb 5, 2019.

1. F.S77 Win User

Will resetting Windows 10 with "clean drive" option also reinstall pre-installed apps?

I have a laptop that came with Win10 installed alongside a couple of apps (that I would like to keep and don't wanna have to reinstall them manually).

I want to reset windows with the "Remove everything" option.

Now, if I pick "Remove files and clean the drive", would that reinstall the apps that came with it after reinstalling windows?

I know it does reinstall them if I pick "Just remove my files" because I've tried it a while ago, but I've never tried "Remove files and clean the drive" option. Only difference I'm aware of is that the latter overwrites the data with zeroes. but it doesn't say whether or not it will reinstall the apps that came with the computer.

Thanks

:)

F.S77, Feb 5, 2019
  2. puma99dk| Win User

Reinstalling Windows 10 to sell a PC - is the 'Remove everything' option enough?

Restore factory settings do list Removes your personal files, apps and settings, and reinstalls the version of Windows that came on this PC.

So if this isn't true well than just erase the drive and install a clean Windows 10 with all the drivers u need but why should it be true
    @FordGT90Concept ? *Laugh :laugh:

puma99dk|, Feb 5, 2019
  3. Delta6326 Win User
    Delta6326, Feb 5, 2019
  4. Kursah Win User

Will resetting Windows 10 with "clean drive" option also reinstall pre-installed apps?

Most painless way to reinstall windows 10?

It depends on the junk accumulated honestly, but there are various methods. You can always remove programs, delete download folder, media locations, etc. As some have suggested, keeping some items on a separate internal storage drive is an option as well. Depends on what you have, what your budget is and how you want to handle your system and data.

The method @RejZoR suggests is sound and a method I've used dozens if not hundreds of time with great success in the field. In many cases though the goal is to keep user data intact, and to repair the OS. In place upgrade as it is called is also only doable in that method if you can boot to desktop, if you can't, it is time for some more advanced options or a format & reinstall.

With Windows 8 and 10 there are refresh and reset options that can be leveraged as well. Hold Shift and click Restart to reboot your system, this will get you into the advanced boot menu, which you'll need to choose advanced options (I forget ATM what it is called) and choose one of a couple items, refresh or reset.

Refresh is essentially In Place Upgrade but a little more aggressive as it wipes the Windows Apps and you may need to reinstall programs. Reset is like an OS reinstall, wipes user data, wipes profiles, registry, performs a install from the system image. Often times I'll do this and bypass using a USB key on a system. Though there are instances where these options will not work if a system has a level of corruption that has not been repaired/resolved. Check the OS Repair link in my sig for more info if ya need.

*Toast :toast:

Kursah, Feb 5, 2019
Thema:

1. Will resetting Windows 10 with "clean drive" option also reinstall pre-installed apps? - Similar Threads - resetting clean drive

2. Windows 10 reset with option "clean the drive" black screen?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 reset with option "clean the drive" black screen?: Hi, I decided to reset my windows 10 computer with the option "Remove files and clean the drive". When it started, it said "Restarting computer" like normal, but the screen went black. Is this normal for a complete wipe?The computer seems to be running as the fans are...
  3. Windows 10 reset with option "clean the drive" black screen?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 reset with option "clean the drive" black screen?: Hi, I decided to reset my windows 10 computer with the option "Remove files and clean the drive". When it started, it said "Restarting computer" like normal, but the screen went black. Is this normal for a complete wipe?The computer seems to be running as the fans are...
  4. Windows 10 reset with option "clean the drive" black screen?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Clean drive, Windows 10 reinstallation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Clean drive, Windows 10 reinstallation: Hey, I'm having a problem after my ssd, my primary c/ drive Got completely wiped after using linux i accidentally uninstalled linux and instantly realised that you require an internal network adapter or one without drivers with a cd or internet and im currently trying to...
  6. Clean drive, Windows 10 reinstallation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Clean drive, Windows 10 reinstallation: Hey, I'm having a problem after my ssd, my primary c/ drive Got completely wiped after using linux i accidentally uninstalled linux and instantly realised that you require an internal network adapter or one without drivers with a cd or internet and im currently trying to...
  7. Clean drive, Windows 10 reinstallation

Clean drive, Windows 10 reinstallation: Hey, I'm having a problem after my ssd, my primary c/ drive Got completely wiped after using linux i accidentally uninstalled linux and im currently trying to re-install windows 10 and i cannot pass the screen where it says select the drive to use windows on. i have a flash...
  8. OEM Pre-installed Windows or Clean install?

OEM Pre-installed Windows or Clean install?: I want to reinstall my device. Should I download Recovery from the Manufacturer's website OR simply from the Microsoft's site??? Which is best and why??? Performance or stability related Thnx...
  9. Clean Windows Vs Pre-Installed Windows

Clean Windows Vs Pre-Installed Windows: Should I use OEM pre-Installed Windows 10? or Download the windows from the Microsoft"s site, and clean install my device. Which is best, and why??? Performance or stability related...
  10. Clean install on a pre-installed windows 10 laptop (partitions)

Clean install on a pre-installed windows 10 laptop (partitions): Hi everybody, The reason I am seeking your help today is that I'm trying to do an clean install on my freshly bough Asus Zenbook UX330UAK which came with a pre-installed windows 10 loaded with bloatware. Now I know that it's touchy to mess with windows 10 pre-installed...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. clean the drive will erase preinstalled apps

2. windows 10 reinstall and clean drive

3. reinstall pre installed app after resetting windows 10