Windows 10: Will restarting the computer a lot (about 8 times ) damage the laptop?

Discus and support Will restarting the computer a lot (about 8 times ) damage the laptop? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Will restarting the computer a lot (about 8 times in succession) damage the laptop? I am just restarting the laptop normally from the sign-in screen... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by osly, Sep 29, 2019.

1. osly Win User

Will restarting the computer a lot (about 8 times ) damage the laptop?

Will restarting the computer a lot (about 8 times in succession) damage the laptop?

I am just restarting the laptop normally from the sign-in screen buttons. Would that damage the laptop or just add wear and tear on the parts inside?

:)

2. Computer starts slowly and freezes a lot.

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10. 

I understand the inconvenience that you are facing on Windows 10, we will help you with this issue.

This issue might occur, due to any third party application conflict.

I would suggest you to try the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1: I would suggest you to
    Run Maintenance task

The Run maintenance task checks issues that might slow down your computer, such as how many users are currently logged on to the computer and whether multiple programs are running at the same time.

Follow the below steps.

• Press Windows + X on the keyboard.

• Select Control Panel.

• Select Troubleshooting.

• Click on Run maintenance task under
      System and Security.

• Follow on screen instructions.
    If issue persist, I suggest you to try method 2.

Method 2:

Step 1: Clean boot

A clean boot is performed to start Windows by using a minimal set of drivers and startup programs. This helps eliminate software conflicts that occur when you install a program.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929135

Note: Steps mentioned for Windows 8/8.1, will work fine with Windows 10.

Disclaimer: Please go through the section: How to reset the computer to start as usual after troubleshooting with clean boot of the Kb article to boot the computer in normal startup after fixing the issue.

Step 2: Safe Mode

To start your system in safe mode follow the below steps:

• Press and hold Shift key and
      restart your Computer.

• Select Troubleshoot.

• Select Advance Option.

• Select Startup Repair.

• Follow the on Screen instruction.
    For more information refer to the below link:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/user-accounts-faq#1TC=windows-8

Note: Applies to Windows 10 also.

Hope this helps. Please respond if you have any further related query.

Thank you.

JuzarAli1709, Sep 29, 2019
  3. random restarts

Hi,

If a Windows computer random restarts, the device usually have some damaged system components. For us to provide an accurate solution, we would need you to answer the following questions:

• Which build, version and edition of Windows is installed on your computer?
    • What changes have you made to the device before this issue occurred?
    • What troubleshooting steps was already performed to your laptop?

In the meantime, it will be best to make sure that the latest update of Windows is installed on your device. If the same issue happens after installing Windows Update, we suggest running the power troubleshooter. To do so, follow these steps:

• Open the Control Panel.
    • Using the search bar at the upper-right corner, type troubleshooting.
    • From the search results, click on Troubleshooting and then select System and Security.
    • Click on Power and then follow the prompts to successfully run the tool.

We are looking forward to your response.

Darleen Pen, Sep 29, 2019
  4. silkstone Win User

Which laptop should I buy with budget within 1000USD?

Really, you should be getting a list of laptops you like the look of, narrowing it down and then asking on here which is best.

Asking people for suggestions really doesn't work well as most people only have experience with 1-2 laptops at a time.

Searching all the shopping sites and creating a list for you is a lot of work.

You need to do the work and we can help with the rest.

silkstone, Sep 29, 2019
Thema:

1. Will restarting the computer a lot (about 8 times ) damage the laptop? - Similar Threads - restarting computer lot

2. Physical Damage to Laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Physical Damage to Laptop: Recently, I found myself in a frustrating situation while working on an essay using one of my older laptops. In a moment of frustration, I let out my annoyance by slamming my hand onto the lower right section of the laptop, the very spot where my hand usually rested during...
  3. Physical Damage to Laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Physical Damage to Laptop: Recently, I found myself in a frustrating situation while working on an essay using one of my older laptops. In a moment of frustration, I let out my annoyance by slamming my hand onto the lower right section of the laptop, the very spot where my hand usually rested during...
  4. Physical Damage to Laptop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. About Restart

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    About Restart: After restarting windows taskbar opens slowly How to fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/about-restart/c36761c3-5538-4366-906d-f4fa51f73e9d
  6. About restart laptop for update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    About restart laptop for update: I update my laptop and it has like 2 or 3 updates then when one of them finished i suddenly click restart and the window keep restart it how to fix it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/about-restart-laptop-for-update/432c5008-68ca-4e60-b569-eebd80eb6291
  7. Time display is damaged in taskbar

in Windows 10 Support
    Time display is damaged in taskbar: An unknown character appears in the Taskbar time display. Is there any way to correct that? It's a freshly installed Win 10 Home 2004, enUS, on a new Acer laptop. I've used sfc scannow and DISM online repair twice, and everything is OK. [img] 168519
  8. RESTART LAPTOP LONG TIME

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    RESTART LAPTOP LONG TIME: When I'm restart my laptop minimum 3 minutes then showing windows logo. Kindly help me sir/ma'am https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/restart-laptop-long-time/221303e3-b02e-4e2c-baff-63b5ace144f4
  9. Update that restarted my computer a lot of times? Is this normal?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Update that restarted my computer a lot of times? Is this normal?: Today I got a pop up on the little notification tab on the bottom right of the screen saying that my windows 10 version is no updated and to restart the computer in order to update it, giving me some options to reschedule or to do it right then and there. I decided to update...
  10. Restart laptop at a previous time

in Windows 10 Support
    Restart laptop at a previous time: When I started my laptop it only had half a page, and I am trying to get it start at a previous time to see if this would rectify the problem. Can anyone help me, I have to tell you I am not very good with computers. GC. 38607