Windows 10: Will switching to 20h2 help my computer be less laggy

Discus and support Will switching to 20h2 help my computer be less laggy in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Will the 20h2 update help my computer be less laggy or will it just increase the bugs? submitted by /u/shreklover257 [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/shreklover257, Jan 6, 2021.

1. Will switching to 20h2 help my computer be less laggy

Will the 20h2 update help my computer be less laggy or will it just increase the bugs?

submitted by /u/shreklover257
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/shreklover257, Jan 6, 2021

2. Taskbar bug: switching to another window -will not appear at the front

Follow either of these steps to fix the issue with the Active window hiding behind.

Method 1:
    I suggest you to disable window by hovering over it with the mouse and check if it helps. To do so I suggest you to try the below given steps and check if it helps:

1. Press Windows key + X key and click on Control Panel.
    2. Select or click Ease of Access.
    3. Click or tap onEase of Access Centre.
    4. Click on Make the Mouse Easier to Use was uncheck Activate Window by hovering over it with the mouse.
    5. Check if issue is resolved.
    Method 2:
    I would suggest you to completely uninstall the touchpad driver and reinstall it. Kindly follow the below given steps.

1. Press “Windows key + X” and click on “Device Manager”.
    2. In the list of devices, you should see the touchpad drivers.
    3. Right click on the device and then select "Uninstall".
    4. In the uninstall dialog, make sure you select the option to delete the driver package from the system. This causes the driver package installed earlier to be deleted.
    5. In the Action menu of Device manager, select “Scan for Hardware changes” option. This will cause the device driver to be reinstalled. Once the driver is installed, close all windows and restart the computer.

ChojiTiger, Jan 6, 2021
  3. Junaid_A Win User
    Laggy

Hi Wilson,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community forum.

• What is the make and model of the computer?

I suggest you to try the troubleshooting steps listed in Troubleshoot
    lags or freezes in Windows
    and check if it works.

Note: The article holds good for Windows 10.

You may also go through the suggestions given in Tips to improve PC performance in Windows
    to help make your PC run better.

Note:

Reset will result in the loss of data and the applications installed. You may take a backup of the data before reset.

Regards,

Junaid_A, Jan 6, 2021
  4. csatennis Win User

Will switching to 20h2 help my computer be less laggy

Taskbar bug: switching to another window -will not appear at the front

I have been trying to fix this for months. Your solution Method 1 seemed to work. THANK YOU!!!!

csatennis, Jan 6, 2021
Thema:

Will switching to 20h2 help my computer be less laggy

1. Will switching to 20h2 help my computer be less laggy - Similar Threads - switching 20h2 help

2. My computer was really laggy after restarting it.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer was really laggy after restarting it.: I booted up my computer this morning and it was really slow this has happened before but I don't want to do the same thing as last time where i had to do a clean boot. Both this time and last time what happened was I was playing my game as usual and then the screen went one...
  3. My computer was really laggy after restarting it.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My computer was really laggy after restarting it.: I booted up my computer this morning and it was really slow this has happened before but I don't want to do the same thing as last time where i had to do a clean boot. Both this time and last time what happened was I was playing my game as usual and then the screen went one...
  4. My computer was really laggy after restarting it.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Laggy System please HELP!!!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laggy System please HELP!!!: My laptop has been extremely laggy. When I opened up task manager, the CPU, disk, and wifi were spiking up and down from around 30% to 100% then back down again. It causes extreme lag and I cannot find a fix online. I have tried resetting my pc and reinstalling windows, but...
  6. Serious Help With My Computer Performance after 20H2 update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Serious Help With My Computer Performance after 20H2 update: Ever since I updated my computer to 20h2 the performance has been complete garbage on my games, Rocket League and Fortnite run around 30fp, GTA V is at an unplayable 10-5fps even a simple game like Roblox is struggling on 30-40fps. My Specs Are LaptopGTX 1050 Intel Core...
  7. Password-less signi in not workind 20H2

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Password-less signi in not workind 20H2: My wife and I are the only users of our home pc and would like to be able to do away with passwords. I did not have the "netplwiz box" so I followed the directions (altering the registry) to change the dword from 2 to 0. The box is now back but does not seem to be working - I...
  8. Windows 10 made my computer laggy

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 made my computer laggy: So my Hard Drive with windows 7 broke down, but fortunately I got a spare one with windows 10 in it. After installing my Hard Drive my pc seems to have become laggy and keeps eating 100% of my CPU. I can't play games like League of Legends anymore with a steady 1-2 fps when...
  9. Updating work computer: 1909 to 20H2 in less than 3 hours

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Updating work computer: 1909 to 20H2 in less than 3 hours: Good day everyone. I have an issue. I hope you can help me. The place where I work has a PC with Windows 10 Home, which needs to be updated. Current version is 1909, build 18363.1316. It isn't updated to 2004, so it's going to be from 1909 straight to 20H2. I have a couple...
  10. Windows is laggy and slow after 20H2 update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows is laggy and slow after 20H2 update: Hi, I've recently decided to update my windows 10 machine to 20H2 in order to use some WSL 2 features. I have noticed, however, that my PC gets annoyingly laggy when using the Windows Terminal, WSL, Chrome or just by opening any other program. Has anyone ever had this problem...