Windows 10: Will System Restore fix a problem if I think a virus is on my computer?

Discus and support Will System Restore fix a problem if I think a virus is on my computer? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; While using my Internet Explorer, a new tab opened that said "VIRUS ALERT FROM MICROSOFT, This computer is BLOCKED, Your computer's registration key is... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by VickiBehling, Aug 10, 2018.

1. Will System Restore fix a problem if I think a virus is on my computer?

While using my Internet Explorer, a new tab opened that said "VIRUS ALERT FROM MICROSOFT, This computer is BLOCKED, Your computer's registration key is Blocked" saying my registration key is illegal and my Windows is pirated (not true!). The tab mimics Microsoft Support and give Microsoft Security Tollfree: +1-855-896-8555. The address bar reads "138.197,77.50/code8555/"

I know this isn't a real site but now my computer is locked up and I can't use it at all. Will System Restore fix this problem?

:)

VickiBehling, Aug 10, 2018

2. Will System Restore fix a problem if I think a virus is on my computer?

While using my Internet Explorer, a new tab opened that said "VIRUS ALERT FROM MICROSOFT, This computer is BLOCKED, Your computer's registration key is Blocked" saying my registration key is illegal and my Windows is pirated (not true!). The tab mimics Microsoft
    Support and give Microsoft Security Tollfree: +1-855-896-8555. The address bar reads "138.197,77.50/code8555/"

I know this isn't a real site but now my computer is locked up and I can't use it at all. Will System Restore fix this problem?

VickiBehling, Sep 25, 2018
  3. computer virus

i think me computer has a virus when i start it up there are no short cuts or task bar( thing with the start button) any suggestions on how to fix it? thanxs

L: email-martinjurewicz@hotmail.com

i nEeD HeLp, Sep 25, 2018
  4. Widjaja Win User

Will System Restore fix a problem if I think a virus is on my computer?

Windows XP doesn't not detect anti-virus after system restore

I system restored after noticing nero was not removed properly so I system restored which didn't work and now security center thinks I have no anti virus installed when I do.

How do I get rid of this problem besides switching to monitoring the anti virus myself to get rid of the red shield in the system tray?
    I can't possibly need to reinstall windows to get rid of the problem?

Widjaja, Sep 25, 2018
Thema:

Will System Restore fix a problem if I think a virus is on my computer?

1. Will System Restore fix a problem if I think a virus is on my computer? - Similar Threads - System Restore fix

2. I think my computer is infected with a virus

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I think my computer is infected with a virus: my computer seems to be infected with a virus, i tried installing a new windows on my computer but immediately after installation when i double click on an app or file it will ask for permission to delete file and without permission it will move to recycle bin...
  3. I think my computer is infected with a virus

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I think my computer is infected with a virus: my computer seems to be infected with a virus, i tried installing a new windows on my computer but immediately after installation when i double click on an app or file it will ask for permission to delete file and without permission it will move to recycle bin...
  4. i think i got a new virus in my computer that it's increase my usage a lot Scan virus &...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i think i got a new virus in my computer that it's increase my usage a lot Scan virus &...: why so high CPU usage ;-; https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-think-i-got-a-new-virus-in-my-computer-that-its/b05474c9-fe4a-432c-a1be-b2d369ac9136
  5. i think i got a new virus in my computer that it's increase my usage a lot Scan virus &...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    i think i got a new virus in my computer that it's increase my usage a lot Scan virus &...: why so high CPU usage ;-; https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-think-i-got-a-new-virus-in-my-computer-that-its/b05474c9-fe4a-432c-a1be-b2d369ac9136
  6. i think i got a new virus in my computer that it's increase my usage a lot Scan virus &...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. If I restore my computer to a system image-

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    If I restore my computer to a system image-: will I lose programs I had when I made the system image? I know I won't lose the files but lets say I had an older version of a program that I can't download again submitted by /u/makeupgain0 [link] [comments]...
  8. I think I have a virus on my computer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I think I have a virus on my computer: I was on a website that was known for having pop ups, and a pop up came that my IP address was compromised. It looked real, but I don't know 8f it was fake or not. I tried contacting microsoft support, but couldn't get through, so I'm posting it here. I was about to blow it...
  9. If I perform system restore, will I remove viruses?

in Windows 10 Customization
    If I perform system restore, will I remove viruses?: Can you answer this question, please? I want to perform system restore and want to know if that will remove viruses. Thank you Your Caprice......
  10. I think my laptop might be virused

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I think my laptop might be virused: Hey guys..first time poster here...so..out of nowhere a loading screen from windows appears like the restart one,but instead of restart it says locking. So i was just playing mc on my potato laptop in 5 fps and then i said nah it s not running right and i tried to exit but it...