Windows 10: Will System Restore fix a problem if I think a virus is on my computer?

Discus and support Will System Restore fix a problem if I think a virus is on my computer? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; While using my Internet Explorer, a new tab opened that said "VIRUS ALERT FROM MICROSOFT, This computer is BLOCKED, Your computer's registration key is... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by VickiBehling, Aug 10, 2018.

1. VickiBehling Win User

Will System Restore fix a problem if I think a virus is on my computer?

While using my Internet Explorer, a new tab opened that said "VIRUS ALERT FROM MICROSOFT, This computer is BLOCKED, Your computer's registration key is Blocked" saying my registration key is illegal and my Windows is pirated (not true!). The tab mimics Microsoft Support and give Microsoft Security Tollfree: +1-855-896-8555. The address bar reads "138.197,77.50/code8555/"

I know this isn't a real site but now my computer is locked up and I can't use it at all. Will System Restore fix this problem?

:)

VickiBehling, Aug 10, 2018
  2. VickiBehling Win User

While using my Internet Explorer, a new tab opened that said "VIRUS ALERT FROM MICROSOFT, This computer is BLOCKED, Your computer's registration key is Blocked" saying my registration key is illegal and my Windows is pirated (not true!). The tab mimics Microsoft
    Support and give Microsoft Security Tollfree: +1-855-896-8555. The address bar reads "138.197,77.50/code8555/"

I know this isn't a real site but now my computer is locked up and I can't use it at all. Will System Restore fix this problem?

VickiBehling, Sep 25, 2018
  3. i nEeD HeLp Win User
    computer virus

i think me computer has a virus when i start it up there are no short cuts or task bar( thing with the start button) any suggestions on how to fix it? thanxs

L: email-martinjurewicz@hotmail.com

i nEeD HeLp, Sep 25, 2018
  4. Widjaja Win User

Windows XP doesn't not detect anti-virus after system restore

I system restored after noticing nero was not removed properly so I system restored which didn't work and now security center thinks I have no anti virus installed when I do.

How do I get rid of this problem besides switching to monitoring the anti virus myself to get rid of the red shield in the system tray?
    I can't possibly need to reinstall windows to get rid of the problem?

Widjaja, Sep 25, 2018
Thema:

1. Will System Restore fix a problem if I think a virus is on my computer? - Similar Threads - System Restore fix

2. Virus invading my computer

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Virus invading my computer: Hi! I think i have a virus invading my computer. I got it from copy a file thru a flash drive. It turned the files to shortcuts. Windows defender detected Trojan viruses. I updated the Defender on Oct.18, 2018. The following day, this keeps on appearing: [IMG] How do...
  3. I Think I Have a Virus but Malwarebytes doesn't Find one

I Think I Have a Virus but Malwarebytes doesn't Find one: I'm good about stopping viruses usually but I need to check whether I have a virus or not. I found microsoft.photos.exe which is a legitimate Microsoft host. I checked it's properties and it said that it was created on the 27/07/18 (yesterday - REFER TO SOURCE1 ). Its unusual...
  4. Virus in computer

Virus in computer: I received a popup from Microsoft advising my computer had been locked up due to a virus. I ran mcafee scan which said the computer was secure. I restarted computer with no change/ Also shut it off with no success. What can I do to repair my computer...
  5. Problem with Windows Defender, I think.

in Windows 10 Support
    Problem with Windows Defender, I think.: When I had this laptop upgraded from Win 7 to Win 10 Pro I asked the tech to name it "xxxxx". He did that and whenever I fired up the machine I got "xxxxx Welcome". Last week I received an update from Microsoft and at the end of its installation (1 hour) the laptop told me...
  6. I think i have a virus. I need assistance.

I think i have a virus. I need assistance.: Hello everyone! My first post here *Smile So, i might have a virus on my laptop and i will need your help figuring it out. I found out about it by surprise,i just opened task manager and went to network activity to see whats accessing my internet and i found out that...
  7. [HELP] I think I'm infected with UNKNOWN malware/virus

[HELP] I think I'm infected with UNKNOWN malware/virus: I have a newly bought laptop, an Acer Aspire E 15. What that lead me to think that I'm infected is because when I tried to visit my Windows folder (because I was searching for 'SystemApps' folder to disable Cortana) I saw random weird files with random names and all of the...
  8. My computer has a virus

My computer has a virus: So there's two issues: 1) My computer has a virus with the svcvmx program and anything related to it. My antivirus won't start or download. I've tried everything possible I could but nothing is happening. 2) My Internet will connect but there's no Internet. I've tried...
  9. I think my computer downloaded a Trojan and I can't be rid of it. Help

I think my computer downloaded a Trojan and I can't be rid of it. Help: I'm having a lot of issues. My computer installed a virus as far as I searched it's possible it's i think a Rootkil or stayscreen sort of Trojan. I can't find my windows defender application nor can I install any virus software on my computer because I get the error message,...
  10. Win10 Network Problem... I think?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Win10 Network Problem... I think?: Hi guys, so I freshly installed win 10 home, all the drivers and so on... the problem is when I watch a youtube video, a stream or just navigate between 3 pages, chrome just buffers and my internet crashes and then comes back after like 5-10 sec... when there is high traffic...