Will System Restore fix a problem if I think a virus is on my computer?

Discus and support Will System Restore fix a problem if I think a virus is on my computer? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; While using my Internet Explorer, a new tab opened that said "VIRUS ALERT FROM MICROSOFT, This computer is BLOCKED, Your computer's registration key is... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by VickiBehling, Aug 10, 2018 at 4:43 PM.

1. VickiBehling Win User

While using my Internet Explorer, a new tab opened that said "VIRUS ALERT FROM MICROSOFT, This computer is BLOCKED, Your computer's registration key is Blocked" saying my registration key is illegal and my Windows is pirated (not true!). The tab mimics Microsoft Support and give Microsoft Security Tollfree: +1-855-896-8555. The address bar reads "138.197,77.50/code8555/"

I know this isn't a real site but now my computer is locked up and I can't use it at all. Will System Restore fix this problem?

:)

VickiBehling, Aug 10, 2018 at 4:43 PM
Thema:

1. Will System Restore fix a problem if I think a virus is on my computer? - Similar Threads - System Restore fix

2. McAfee discovers new Windows 10 Cortana vulnerabilities that could manipulate locked systems

in Windows 10 News
    McAfee discovers new Windows 10 Cortana vulnerabilities that could manipulate locked systems: Today, McAfee has announced that it has discovered a new vulnerability in Windows 10’s Cortana digital assistant which could be used to manipulate locked systems with physical access. It’s worth noting that the two new flaws have been addressed as part of Microsoft’s August...
  3. My computer can not boot and shut down properly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My computer can not boot and shut down properly: My computer is not starting up and shutting down properly. At first the system started up correctly but I was strangely redirected to a screen that asked me to sign out and sign in again for Windows to work properly I did just that and it was successful. After like 10...
  4. system failure

system failure: Hi, after a black screen and "preparing automatic repair" no fixes worked. I created a bootable drive on a usb, altered the bios/uefi settings and did a clean install. Everything went well until the final restart when the screen went back to initial startup (language,...
  5. How can I set Custom Paper as Default Paper SIze in windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    How can I set Custom Paper as Default Paper SIze in windows 10: I have POS printer installed in my system. I defined a Custom Receipt Paper size in Printer server properties, which is not listing in my printers paper size and the same i need to set it as my default paper Moved from: Apps on Windows 10 / Other Windows apps / Social...
  6. help this is what my screen looks like? from my point view the screen in tinted green gray.

help this is what my screen looks like? from my point view the screen in tinted green gray.: help this is what my screen looks like? from my point view the screen in tinted green-gray. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_desk/help-this-is-what-my-screen-looks-like-from-my/1cfd39dd-64b2-4a25-9548-8d95ac4d6255
  7. Why do I see this at every boot on the desktop?

Why do I see this at every boot on the desktop?: I am the admin...no kids in the house...yet I see this annoying window at each start...10PRO 64bit [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_desk/why-do-i-see-this-at-every-boot-on-the-desktop/b83e01a9-84fa-4fed-80ae-f1383265e609
  8. The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck

The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck: Hello. After installing a Sapphire RX Vega 64 nitro+. I have been suffering from random restarts. However, it is literally random. It may suddenly restart while browsing the web and even one time is simply happened while i was browsing stuff on the desktop. And the event...
  9. Computer will not detect second moniter

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Computer will not detect second moniter: I bought a cheap Insignia tv to connect to my Dell touch screen computer to better see building plans. I plug the HMDI cable port to port and go to discover device in display setting and get no device found. I have set the tv to both ports , any advise ?...
  10. MS Asks to connect to Proxy- My Office does not use Proxy

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    MS Asks to connect to Proxy- My Office does not use Proxy: This is a recent change- maybe because of updates? It asks me to connect with a proxy- but in my office we have no proxy connection. I can not find where to change the setting anywhere. When I try ti use FF for a intranet site, FF also asks me a loggin to proxy. 1 Now I...