Windows 10: Will the ability for Taskbar Placement on Windows 11 exsist?

Discus and support Will the ability for Taskbar Placement on Windows 11 exsist? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Will Microsoft ever add the feature to allow for the taskbar to be moved/placed to the top or left/right side of the screen on Windows 11? The taskbar... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by MrGov, Nov 30, 2023.

1. MrGov Win User

Will the ability for Taskbar Placement on Windows 11 exsist?

Will Microsoft ever add the feature to allow for the taskbar to be moved/placed to the top or left/right side of the screen on Windows 11? The taskbar at the bottom of the screen is inefficient and bothersome. I don't have the ability to use external programs or modify the registry with StuckRects3. This is a huge pain point and seems Microsoft doesn't care about it or its consumer base.

:)

MrGov, Nov 30, 2023
  2. Nicky7d Win User

Feedback request: Customizable Taskbar Placement in Windows 11 (Let's be inclusive!)

I'm writing regarding Microsoft's decision to remove the ability to move the taskbar in Windows 11. I understand this was driven by a new design direction, but I have noticed several unintended consequences and I'd like to shed light on why having the option matters:

1. Boosting Productivity: Customizable taskbar placement caters to diverse workflows, allowing users to optimize their screen real estate. Placing the taskbar on the side helps multitaskers organize apps efficiently, while a clutter-free bottom placement benefits those who value a distraction-free workspace.
    2. Prioritizing Accessibility: Customization aids users with mobility challenges by minimizing physical strain. Neglecting this option could be perceived as discriminatory (e.g. excluding minorities who rely on accessible setups on grounds that there is not enough demand). Inclusivity should be a cornerstone of design decisions.
    3. Balancing Form and Function: Aesthetic cohesion is important, but not at the cost of core functionality. A user-friendly interface respects the balance between design and usability, ensuring software serves its purpose effectively.
    In essence, accommodating customizable taskbar placement acknowledges productivity, inclusivity, and functionality, enriching the overall user experience. As a result I would like to know what would be the best way submit feedback so that this is considered for future updates. Is writing here enough or is there a better way?

Nicky7d, Nov 30, 2023
  3. Placement of the taskbar (not the icons on the taskbar)

I expect too Will the ability for Taskbar Placement on Windows 11 exsist? :) You can try 3rd party taskbar though if you want:

Improve Windows 11 Taskbar functionality using these tools - Your Windows Guide

Describing the free one:

ExplorerPatcherExplorerPatcher is a 3rd party tool that aims to bring the older Windows 10 styled functionality in the Windows 11 Taskbar by adding DLL files in 3 specific directories of WIndows. Because the older code is still present in Windows 11, the Windows 10 styled taskbar is enabled by putting the DLL file. Some of the functionalities the developer claims is restored are below:

• Restores Windows 10 styled taskbar menu.
    • Restore Windows+X context menu.
    • Show app list by default in Start menu.
    • Ability for start menu and search to align left and many more
    Download the Software from this GitHub Repository:

• After downloading, copy the dxgi.dll named file to C:/Windows/ directory(you must have admin privileges).
    • Restart the computer or the Windows Explorer process from the task manager.
    • You would see a notification that symbols are being downloaded. Wait for the process to complete which may take around 20 minutes.

Sumit (Volunteer Moderator), Nov 30, 2023
  4. Will the ability for Taskbar Placement on Windows 11 exsist?

Sumit (Volunteer Moderator), Nov 30, 2023
Thema:

Will the ability for Taskbar Placement on Windows 11 exsist?

1. Will the ability for Taskbar Placement on Windows 11 exsist? - Similar Threads - ability Taskbar Placement

2. Will the ability for Taskbar Placement on Windows 11 exsist?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Will the ability for Taskbar Placement on Windows 11 exsist?: Will Microsoft ever add the feature to allow for the taskbar to be moved/placed to the top or left/right side of the screen on Windows 11? The taskbar at the bottom of the screen is inefficient and bothersome. I don't have the ability to use external programs or modify the...
  3. Feedback request: Customizable Taskbar Placement in Windows 11 Let's be inclusive!

Feedback request: Customizable Taskbar Placement in Windows 11 Let's be inclusive!: I'm writing regarding Microsoft's decision to remove the ability to move the taskbar in Windows 11. I understand this was driven by a new design direction, but I have noticed several unintended consequences and I'd like to shed light on why having the option matters:Boosting...
  4. Feedback request: Customizable Taskbar Placement in Windows 11 Let's be inclusive!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Feedback request: Customizable Taskbar Placement in Windows 11 Let's be inclusive!: I'm writing regarding Microsoft's decision to remove the ability to move the taskbar in Windows 11. I understand this was driven by a new design direction, but I have noticed several unintended consequences and I'd like to shed light on why having the option matters:Boosting...
  5. When will the ability to move the taskbar be restored in Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When will the ability to move the taskbar be restored in Windows 11?: I am one of many many people who prefer to keep their taskbar somewhere other then the bottom of the screen. The lack of this feature keeps me from upgrading to Windows 11, and I do not plan to upgrade at all if the taskbar is locked to the bottom of the screen. When will the...
  6. When will the ability to move the taskbar be restored in Windows 11?

When will the ability to move the taskbar be restored in Windows 11?: I am one of many many people who prefer to keep their taskbar somewhere other then the bottom of the screen. The lack of this feature keeps me from upgrading to Windows 11, and I do not plan to upgrade at all if the taskbar is locked to the bottom of the screen. When will the...
  7. Will there be added taskbar placement?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Will there be added taskbar placement?: In window 10, I preferred to have my taskbar on the right side of the screen, going vertically along the edge of the display. Is there a plan to add this back as a feature into windows 11? I have looked, and there is no way to do it properly in windows....
  8. Will there be added taskbar placement?

Will there be added taskbar placement?: In window 10, I preferred to have my taskbar on the right side of the screen, going vertically along the edge of the display. Is there a plan to add this back as a feature into windows 11? I have looked, and there is no way to do it properly in windows....
  9. Placement of the taskbar not the icons on the taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Placement of the taskbar not the icons on the taskbar: I recently installed Windows 11 Home. Is it possible to have the taskbar appear on the right side of the screen? This is how I set up my screen in Windows 10 and I preferred it that way. Since I have not managed to do it so far in Windows 11, I decided to auto-hide the...
  10. Placement of the taskbar not the icons on the taskbar

Placement of the taskbar not the icons on the taskbar: I recently installed Windows 11 Home. Is it possible to have the taskbar appear on the right side of the screen? This is how I set up my screen in Windows 10 and I preferred it that way. Since I have not managed to do it so far in Windows 11, I decided to auto-hide the...