Windows 10: Will the account be deleted?

Discus and support Will the account be deleted? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I formatted the old Windows 10 for my laptop and installed a new Windows 10, now I could not access the Microsoft account that I used as a user account... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by rami_423, Jun 21, 2024.

1. rami_423 Win User

Will the account be deleted?

I formatted the old Windows 10 for my laptop and installed a new Windows 10, now I could not access the Microsoft account that I used as a user account in the old system, it became non-existent, was it deleted due to format??

:)

rami_423, Jun 21, 2024
  2. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:

Vesao, Jun 21, 2024
  3. Deleted account keeps reappearing

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Is it still appearing no matter how you try to delete? I suggest you to follow the steps below to remove user account from your computer, and check if it helps. Try the ones you’re comfortable with.

Step 1: Steps to Remove a User Account in Settings

• Press Windows
      key, click on Settings.

• Click on Account, click on
      Family and other users.

• Select the user you want to delete under
      Other users and click on Remove.

• Accept the UAC (User Account Control) prompt.

• Select Delete account and data if you wish to delete account and the data and follow onscreen instructions.

Step 2: Steps to Delete a User Account in Command Prompt

• Press Windows + X keys from the keyboard, select
      Command Prompt (Admin).

• Type net user and hit Enter
      to list the user accounts on your device.

• Type net user "User account”
      /delete and hit Enter to delete the user account.

Step 3: Steps to Delete a User Account in Run command.

• Press Windows + R and type netplwiz, press
      Enter.

• Select the User account, click on the
      Remove
      button.
    Regards.

SujataMoktan, Jun 21, 2024
  4. Samuria Win User

[Solved] Delete "Ghost" Account?

It wont show a users folder until its been logged in Note: When you want to delete a user account from your computer: You must be signed in as an administrator to be able to delete a user account. You will not be able to delete a user account that is currently signed in. You will need to sign out the user first. Be sure to always have at least one enabled administrator account on the PC to avoid not being able to perform actions that require administrator rights. Step 1: Steps to Remove a User Account in Settings Press Windows key, click on Settings. Click on Account, click on Family and other users. Select the user you want to delete under Other users and click on Remove. Accept the UAC (User Account Control) prompt. Select Delete account and data if you wish to delete account and the data and follow onscreen instructions. OR Step 2: Steps to Delete a User Account in Command Prompt Press Windows + X keys from the keyboard, select Command Prompt (Admin). Type net user and hit Enter to list the user accounts on your device. Type net user "User account " /delete and hit Enter to delete the user account.

Samuria, Jun 21, 2024
Thema:

1. Will the account be deleted? - Similar Threads - account deleted

2. How to delete old device from account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to delete old device from account: While installing a new windows 11. It ask me to " select a device to restore from " or " set up a new pc ". But I can see my old device also and I want to remove all the old device I have logged before. I have no access of old device. I have also removed the device form...
  3. How to delete old device from account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to delete old device from account: While installing a new windows 11. It ask me to " select a device to restore from " or " set up a new pc ". But I can see my old device also and I want to remove all the old device I have logged before. I have no access of old device. I have also removed the device form...
  4. To close an old account the web says to log in to the account you want to delete. I can't...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    To close an old account the web says to log in to the account you want to delete. I can't...: I have old accounts from a previous job, can not access them to delete them. Can't access OneDrive with current microsoft account, keep getting error message saying try again....
  5. To close an old account the web says to log in to the account you want to delete. I can't...

To close an old account the web says to log in to the account you want to delete. I can't...: I have old accounts from a previous job, can not access them to delete them. Can't access OneDrive with current microsoft account, keep getting error message saying try again....
  6. To close an old account the web says to log in to the account you want to delete. I can't...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Account deletion has stopped access to laptop.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Account deletion has stopped access to laptop.: Thanks in advance for the help, So, about 4 months back my dad deleted his Microsoft account don't ask why I have no idea, this didn't cause any issues until today. Possibly after an update or some such when asking for the PIN to sign in as normal it states that the PIN...
  8. Account deletion has stopped access to laptop.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Account deletion has stopped access to laptop.: Thanks in advance for the help, So, about 4 months back my dad deleted his Microsoft account don't ask why I have no idea, this didn't cause any issues until today. Possibly after an update or some such when asking for the PIN to sign in as normal it states that the PIN...
  9. Account deletion has stopped access to laptop.

10. No option available to delete the Face/fingerprint/PIN sign-in option from @yahoo.com account

No option available to delete the Face/fingerprint/PIN sign-in option from @yahoo.com account: There is no option available to delete the Face/fingerprint/PIN sign-in option from @yahoo.com accountHowever the iOS browser always prompts to use passkey, but there is no passkey saved. So I want to delete the option for Face/fingerprint/PIN sign-in, but am unable to do...