Windows 10: Will the free upgrade to windows 10 will be offered again before windows 7 support ends?...

Discus and support Will the free upgrade to windows 10 will be offered again before windows 7 support ends?... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I am running windows 7 i previously installed windows 10 but had to roll back as a driver was not detected it seems that in some cases windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by christos christodoulou xw, Jun 25, 2019.

1. Will the free upgrade to windows 10 will be offered again before windows 7 support ends?...

I am running windows 7 i previously installed windows 10 but had to roll back as a driver was not detected it seems that in some cases windows 10 will run on my system so i am tempted to try again do you know if a free upgrade to windows 10 will be offered again before windows 7 support ends or better still if the extended support will be offered to home users of windows 7

* Moved from Community Participation Center

* Original title: dell xpsl502x

:)

christos christodoulou xw, Jun 25, 2019

2. Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, Jun 25, 2019
  3. btarunr Win User
    Windows 10 to be Free Upgrade for Windows 8.1 and Windows 7 Users

In what could be a fundamental shift in how Microsoft monetizes its flagship product, the Windows operating system, the company decided to offer its upcoming Windows 10 as a free upgrade for existing users of Windows 8.1 and Windows 7. This offer will be applicable only for the first year following Windows 10 launch (after which, Windows 8.1 and Windows 7 users will have to pay to upgrade to Windows 10). Windows 10 will see the return of the Start Menu, a productive Desktop environment, and cutting-edge new API features such as DirectX 12.

Will the free upgrade to windows 10 will be offered again before windows 7 support ends?... 116a_thm.jpg

Source: The Verge

btarunr, Jun 25, 2019
  4. Nordic Win User

Will the free upgrade to windows 10 will be offered again before windows 7 support ends?...

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Jun 25, 2019
Thema:

Will the free upgrade to windows 10 will be offered again before windows 7 support ends?...

1. Will the free upgrade to windows 10 will be offered again before windows 7 support ends?... - Similar Threads - free upgrade offered

2. Microsoft sneaks Secure Boot support into Windows 7 shortly before support ends

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft sneaks Secure Boot support into Windows 7 shortly before support ends: Support for Extended Security Updates for Windows 7 is ending today officially. Microsoft will release a last cumulative update for Windows 7 on January 10, 2023 before the operating system is laid to rest. Users and organizations who run Windows 7 have a few options...
  3. Free upgrade from windows 7 to windows 10, please do again

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Free upgrade from windows 7 to windows 10, please do again: Hello!I have a genuine Windows 7 that I have been using for many years. I really love this operating system, and when Windows 10 came out I didn't want to update. But after the end of support in 2020, Windows 7 has some difficulties when using the operating system. It's a...
  4. Free Upgarde offer to Windows 10 from Windows 7

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Free Upgarde offer to Windows 10 from Windows 7: So the title says it all. Back in early 2016 I was offered to upgrade to Windows 10 In April 2016 I downloaded the iso using the media tool. I never got around to installing it. Now that Windows 7 support is ending I thought I might as well bite the bullet. Is it...
  5. Free Windows 7 to Windows 10 Upgrade offer

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Free Windows 7 to Windows 10 Upgrade offer: I have Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit created on USB through the Media Creation Tool will Windows 7 users still be able to use there Windows 10 Pro 64 as activated if something goes wrong after July 29,2016 28187
  6. Windows 10 after free offer ends

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 after free offer ends: Hi my friend is unsure if he wants Windows 10 or not...he currently has XP. It has passed the Windows 8 compatability test, so will accept Windows 10. If I install Windows 7 pro as a clean install, then upgrade to Windows 10....but after the 30 days, decide to reinstall...
  7. New end of free Windows 10 upgrade offer notification

in Windows 10 News
    New end of free Windows 10 upgrade offer notification: If you have Windows 8.1 or Windows 7 with Service Pack 1 (SP1), the following full-screen notification might appear on your computer: Sorry to interrupt, but this is important. Windows 10 free upgrade offer ends July 29. [img] This notification is a reminder...
  8. YES, Windows 7 RTM and Windows 8 Are eligible for free upgrade offer

in Windows 10 Support
    YES, Windows 7 RTM and Windows 8 Are eligible for free upgrade offer: There are a lot of people going around telling people that you have to be on Windows 7 SP1 or Windows 8.1 to be eligible for the free upgrade. THIS IS NOT TRUE. Any consumer x86/64 version of Windows 7 or Windows 8.x (ie, not corporate versions) is eligible for the free...
  9. Clarified:the free upgrade offer to Win 10 is ending July 29th, really

in Windows 10 News
    Clarified:the free upgrade offer to Win 10 is ending July 29th, really: Clarified: the free upgrade offer to Windows 10 is ending July 29th, really Microsoft has responded to speculation that Microsoft left itself some wiggle room Yesterday, we reported on speculation that Microsoft may have been hedging on its decision to end the free...
  10. Windows 10 Now on 300 Million Devices – Free Upgrade Offer to End Soon

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Now on 300 Million Devices – Free Upgrade Offer to End Soon: As we near the one year anniversary of the availability of Windows 10, we’re excited to share that Windows 10 is now running on 300 million active devices around the world. We’re pleased to see Windows 10 become one of the largest online services in less than a year. Core...