Windows 10: Will the information in drives separate too if I make two user accounts in my PC?

Discus and support Will the information in drives separate too if I make two user accounts in my PC? in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hello, I use Windows 10 and I want to make two separate use accounts. Will I get a separate space too in my new user account? If not, how is it... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Hitarth :, Jan 30, 2021.

1. Hitarth : Win User

Will the information in drives separate too if I make two user accounts in my PC?

Hello,

I use Windows 10 and I want to make two separate use accounts. Will I get a separate space too in my new user account?

If not, how is it possible?

:)

Hitarth :, Jan 30, 2021
  2. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:

Vesao, Jan 30, 2021
  3. DTG1 Win User
    Cannot access shared network drive

Personally, I wouldnt use Everyone. If anyone hacks into you, they have full access to everything and can demolish everything on your raid. I would rather set up accounts and access separately for each person. That way, I know who did all that damage. In the end with a little extra work, I feel more secure by using Authenticated Users.

If this helps.
    step 1 create non-microsoft account and without email and address without admin rights
    step 2 share a drive or folder to specific user account (if Everyone is listed, remove it)
    step 3 set security > add Authenticated Users (if more than 1 account) or add specific users
    step 3a remove Everyone from list
    step 3b uncheck full control and write for all items listed except SYSTEM and Admin account.
    step 4 right click Start > Computer Management > System Tools > Shared Folders > Shares ... to verify settings and change anything else. You can also see the number of connections to each share here.

4. Will the information in drives separate too if I make two user accounts in my PC?

User accounts

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

In order to help you better, could you please confirm a couple of things:

• How have you upgraded to Windows 10?
    • Are you able to find the other users in accounts option?
    To test the issue I suggest you to create a new user account and restart the computer and check whether you can find other new user account.

I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

• Go to Settings.
    • Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    • Select add someone else on this PC.
    • Enter a user name and hit next.
    • Click on Finish.
    • Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Jan 30, 2021
Thema:

Will the information in drives separate too if I make two user accounts in my PC?

1. Will the information in drives separate too if I make two user accounts in my PC? - Similar Threads - information drives separate

2. Two separate users on two different drives

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Two separate users on two different drives: Hello, I have a question about separating user data on windows. Is there a way to allow a member of my family to store all of their user data, downloads, documents, etc. onto a separate drive? Ideally, everything of theirs would be located on this second drive because they...
  3. Two separate users on two different drives

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Two separate users on two different drives: Hello, I have a question about separating user data on windows. Is there a way to allow a member of my family to store all of their user data, downloads, documents, etc. onto a separate drive? Ideally, everything of theirs would be located on this second drive because they...
  4. Separate users - but I need separate apps too

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Separate users - but I need separate apps too: Firstly, not 100% sure if this is the right category. I haven't got it listed as a family, but as a separate user.One is my personal account which has been on here for a year, full of games and productivity reducing fun stuff. The second is my 'work/study' account with my...
  5. Separate users - but I need separate apps too

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Separate users - but I need separate apps too: Firstly, not 100% sure if this is the right category. I haven't got it listed as a family, but as a separate user.One is my personal account which has been on here for a year, full of games and productivity reducing fun stuff. The second is my 'work/study' account with my...
  6. Separate users - but I need separate apps too

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Separate Google Drive Account for each User

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Separate Google Drive Account for each User: If you have multiple users on a single PC, can each account connect to a separate google drive and run its own instance of google drive Backup and Sync? I assume that onedrive integrate better in this instance where you would enter the one drive for each windows users? Paul...
  8. Is it better to make two Microsoft accounts or one account and two users?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Is it better to make two Microsoft accounts or one account and two users?: Hi! I just got an laptop and I want to have two profiles for me and my brother. The problem is that the secondary profile associated with an separate Microsoft account gets broken and displays "we can't sign into your account". Since the desktop is new, I had nothing on it...
  9. Separate user accounts

in Windows 10 Customization
    Separate user accounts: Why set up separate user accounts? I was expecting that each user could have different program icons on their home screen to simplify their use of the PC, but all icons are the same on screens and task bars. Also, is there a way to hide or turn off the brightly colored...
  10. Microsoft account and xbox into two separate users

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft account and xbox into two separate users: I am a father that has a 16 y/o son. So when I set up his xbox account, he used my microsoft account. I have several files on my one drive and keep changing my password effecting my son's xbox account. Moved from: Office / OneDrive with Office / Windows 10 / Office 365...