Windows 10: Will the software uninstall after a factory reset?

Discus and support Will the software uninstall after a factory reset? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; When resetting my Windows 10 laptop, and choosing to remove all of the files off of the laptop, will Windows 10 itself be removed? Sorry if my question... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/mclanegamesyt, May 23, 2020.

1. Will the software uninstall after a factory reset?

When resetting my Windows 10 laptop, and choosing to remove all of the files off of the laptop, will Windows 10 itself be removed? Sorry if my question is unclear.

submitted by /u/mclanegamesyt
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/mclanegamesyt, May 23, 2020
  2. RCoon Win User

Factory Reset Win 7 (without disc)

Download an ISO of the Avira AV boot CD, burn it on your own computer, and then boot from that CD on your mom's computer and run a cleanup.

Seriously, you should just download a Windows disc and format the laptop. Best and easiest course of action.

"Information:
    Many Toshiba laptops come with the factory software recovery image stored in a special (hidden) area on the hard disk. From this special hidden image, you can restore your computer to its factory-fresh software condition by following these steps:

To restore the original factory software image on your computer follow these steps:

• Make sure the computer is turned off ("Shut-down" from the Windows Start menu)
    • Remove any peripherals such an external mouse, keyboard, monitor, USB flash drive etc.
    • Make sure the AC Adapter is plugged in and working.
    • Press and hold down the 0 (zero) key on the keyboard while powering on the computer. Release it when the recovery warning screen appears.
    • If the recovery process offers a choice of Operating Systems, select the appropriate one for you.
    • A warning screen appears, stating that when the recovery is executed all data will be deleted and rewritten.
    • Click Yes to continue.
    • When the Toshiba Recovery Wizard opens select "Recovery of Factory Software" or the appropriate option for your needs.
    • Continue to follow the directions restarting as necessary.
    Please note that the process may vary slightly from machine to machine, that you may be asked to insert disks (multi-disk packages) and that the process may take one to two hours to complete. The recovery process will require you to restart your computer several times.

As you use the recovery process you will have several options. One of these may be to create a custom size partition. Follow the directions on screen for this and other options as prompted. When in doubt, it's usually best to accept the default, or pre-selected option.
    "

If you are incapable, or uncomfortable with following any of the recommendations on how to restore the laptop, then I recommend you take it to your local IT guy and ask him to do it for you. Sometimes the best of us have to visit a ripoff merchant to get something fixed, or even just tested...

RCoon, May 23, 2020
  3. Marby Rey Win User
    Factory Reset

Hi Cameron,

Since you did a factory reset on your computer, possibly the outdated network adapter driver causes the connection issue. Just for clarification, did you install the updated network drivers? If not, we suggest that you update the Network adapter driver.

• Go to Device Manager, then click Network adapters and select the network adapter name.
    • Press and hold (or right-click) the network adapter, and then select
      Update Driver Software
      > Search automatically for updated driver software. Follow the steps, then select
      Close.
    • After installing the updated driver, restart the computer.

If Windows can’t find a new driver for your network adapter, visit the PC manufacturer’s website and download the latest network adapter driver from there.

If the issue persists, we recommend that you follow the troubleshooting steps provided on this link:
    Fix network connection issues in Windows 10.

Feel free to send us your feedback at your convenience.

Marby Rey, May 23, 2020
  4. swat354 Win User

Will the software uninstall after a factory reset?

Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

Thank you john for all of your help i decided to get the usb my computer came with and factory reset it i didnt have anything that personal or valueable so its ok thanks for the help though i appreciate it

swat354, May 23, 2020
Thema:

Will the software uninstall after a factory reset?

1. Will the software uninstall after a factory reset? - Similar Threads - software uninstall factory

2. Bsod after factory reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bsod after factory reset: Hello. I have a laptop. I wanted to sell it so I just did the factory reset and sold it. After the customer took it during the reset process he called me the next day and came back with a bsod. I tried repairing the disks, didn't work. I tried reinstalling windows, but it...
  3. Problems after factory reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problems after factory reset: I reset my Windows 10 version 2004 HP desktop computer to factory settings because it had several problems I couldnt solve other way. I selected the Remove everything and Local reainstall options and also to wipe the drive completely. Most of the problems I previously had...
  4. Problems after factory reset

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problems after factory reset: I reset my Windows 10 version 2004 HP desktop computer to factory settings because it had several problems I couldnt solve other way. I selected the Remove everything and Local reainstall options and also to wipe the drive completely. Most of the problems I previously had...
  5. Factory reset after crash

Factory reset after crash: I tried to install AOL's Data Mask app and crashed my new laptop. After a long 15 hours factory reset, I get the Windows greeting with my name, the correct date but wrong time.It asks me to sign in but I can only get the hand-indicating-wait icon. What now?...
  6. After a factory reset, there's no signal.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After a factory reset, there's no signal.: I performed a factory reset on a PC a while back. There is no signal being picked up.I've tried this with 3 monitors and at least 2 HDMI cables and a DisplayPort cable. Nothing has worked.No boot up screen, no BIOS screen, no loading screen.What can I do to fix this?...
  7. Will a factory reset keep all factory software/apps?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Will a factory reset keep all factory software/apps?: I'm planning to factory reset my laptop. The apps that came with Windows when I bought the laptop were all important. So, if I factory reset my laptop, will it keep the factory software and apps that came with my laptop or will it wipe all of them?...
  8. Languages Not Reset After Factory Reset?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Languages Not Reset After Factory Reset?: So recently I factory reset my PC with all the options to make it more thorough selected. However, when everything finished and I went to set up windows, I noticed that the other language I had added prior to the reset was still there. Maybe I'm misunderstanding how factory...
  9. After Factory Reset Problem

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    After Factory Reset Problem: Recently i just factory reset my computer and i faced a serious problems after factor reset. System auto download and on window 10. Purchase laptop 4 or 5 years ago. I not able to find my window key. My Activation only show "Window 10 Home" without product ID and key. I not...
  10. Installing a software after uninstalling

Installing a software after uninstalling: Hi, I have a problem with installing a program I recently uninstalled. I was installing the update of the program then I get the error: 'An error -5005 : 0x80070002 has occurred while running the setup. Please make sure you have finished any previous setup and closed other...