Windows 10: will the windows 2004 update become mandatory

Discus and support will the windows 2004 update become mandatory in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I believe I have stopped automatic 2004 update so it should not install, at least for 30 days. Is there a setting that will allow ordinary monthly... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by klaro 1590, Nov 11, 2020.

1. will the windows 2004 update become mandatory

I believe I have stopped automatic 2004 update so it should not install, at least for 30 days. Is there a setting that will allow ordinary monthly Microsoft security and cumulative updates be automatically installed as they are readied?

:)

klaro 1590, Nov 11, 2020

2. Enough with the mandatory updates for **** sake.

Hi ikej96,

My name is Fernando. I am an Independent Advisor. I am here to guide you with mandatory updates.

I can thouroughly understand your frustrartion with the mandatory updates.

Much like cell phone updates, updates are intended to make your computer more secure , gives you new functionality and makes it all the more reliable.

However, you can choose to hide updates until you are ready to update.

Here are the steps you need to take to hide updates you wish.

Step 1: Click here to download Show or hide updates utility.

Step 2: Run the utility. ...

Step 3: When you see the following screen, click Hide updates to view all available Windows and driver updates.

Step 4: Select updates that you want to hide.

I hope this helps. Feel free to ask me any questions and let me know how it goes.

Respectfully,

Fernando Y.

FernandoYebra1, Nov 11, 2020
  3. blzmn Win User
    2004 update windows 10 error 0x80070002

Hello everyone,

thanks to some of the suggestions here and to some from other sources I have managed to fix the 0x80070002 error breaking up my feature update to 2004.

For completeness' sake and since it may help others, the following steps worked for me.

1. Download Media Creation Tool from Microsoft's official website
    2. Create a bootable USB drive with the MCT
    3. Boot up from this USB Drive
    4. Choose install settings, click 'Next', but on the next screen select "Repair your computer" instead of "Install"
    5. Choose "Troubleshoot" -> "Startup Repair" and let it finish
    6. Restart into Windows and attempt the usual Windows update
    It looks like the BCD on my computer had been damaged by the boot loader (Windows 10 + Recovery partition) and running the "Startup Repair" from the installation USB Drive corrected the errors.

blzmn, Nov 11, 2020
  4. will the windows 2004 update become mandatory

Microsoft to make Windows 10 updates mandatory

I think this thing of mandatory automatic updates, without user's consent make Windows to act more like a virus than anything else.

All the world "synchronized", NSA approves it! They will apply great patches to your OS.

Undesired drivers are the least of your concerns... LOL!

Blue-Knight, Nov 11, 2020
Thema:

will the windows 2004 update become mandatory

1. will the windows 2004 update become mandatory - Similar Threads - 2004 update become

2. FS2020 Mandatory Update

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    FS2020 Mandatory Update: Flight Sim 2020 Mandatory update screen when starting up but there is no update in Shop Does not allow the program to load https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fs2020-mandatory-update/3f63cd4d-13c3-4a5b-a107-ab86cc3eb8a7
  3. FS2O20 Mandatory update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    FS2O20 Mandatory update: I just installed this update and it changed how all the buttons work like altitude, vertical speed. You know have to scroll with the mouse wheel to change and cannot set the height/speed like before. I can adjust the altitude but not put the botton to set it as the new...
  4. Window 10 Mandatory Update FAILED

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Window 10 Mandatory Update FAILED: Microsoft pushed down a mandatory update due to my current version end of life. I pushed off the update as long as I could and then I was not given an option to extend the upgrade. I restarted my PC as indicated and came back hours later to see my PC booting and rebooting...
  5. Has a Microsoft account become mandatory?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Has a Microsoft account become mandatory?: I bought a laptop with Win 10 Pro in 2016. It's now running 2004. I bought a desktop with Win 10 Home in 2017. It's now running 1809. Neither of them has a Microsoft account. I don't have one. I don't want one. Not ever. Not ever. Not ever. Both boxes simply have my name as...
  6. Microsoft Flight Simulator Frozen on "Update Success [MANDATORY UPDATE] Mandatory updates...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Flight Simulator Frozen on "Update Success [MANDATORY UPDATE] Mandatory updates...: Anyone else having this issue? Not even getting to game launch screen. Task Manager indicates that MFS CPU usage is around 35% and power usage "Very High" I chatted to a Microsoft agent but they could only suggest that it is due to high demand on launch day....
  7. System become unstable with Windows 10 2004 update

System become unstable with Windows 10 2004 update: With terrible experience after loading of 2004 update 1. Winwod Live Mail does not work and need to add registry to fix. 2. Slow initial program loading of Window Media Player. 3. Slow initial program loading of Google Chrome, even reinstalling cannot fix. 4. Unstable...
  8. Is there anyway to stop the update to be mandatory?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there anyway to stop the update to be mandatory?: The latest update cause for the most of my apps not to work. submitted by /u/JPysus [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/dvi0a7/is_there_anyway_to_stop_the_update_to_be_mandatory/
  9. No Sound After Mandatory Update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No Sound After Mandatory Update: My windows 10 machine updated a couple weeks ago and it no longer outputs any sound. Over the taskbar sound icon there is a red x. I've tried several combinations of uninstalling and reinstalling drivers and none have produced results. The only next step I can think of is a...
  10. Enough with the mandatory updates for **** sake.

Enough with the mandatory updates for **** sake.: How the hell do I stop the mandatory updates. I'm sick of losing work and progress because Microsoft think they know whats best for me and me set up. The excuse of "some people would fail to install important updates" is ****. Every time windows decides "oh look time for an...