Windows 10: Will there be another Windows 10 feature update?

Discus and support Will there be another Windows 10 feature update? in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Microsoft released the Windows 10 2022 Update last month and with its release comes the question regarding future updates for the operating system.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by GHacks, Nov 24, 2022.

1. GHacks
    GHacks New Member

Will there be another Windows 10 feature update?

Microsoft released the Windows 10 2022 Update last month and with its release comes the question regarding future updates for the operating system. Will Microsoft release additional feature updates for Windows 10, or is the Windows 10 version 22H2 update the last for the operating system?

Will there be another Windows 10 feature update? windows-10-version-22h2-about-support-1.png

Last month's feature update was a significant update for Windows 10. Not because of the features and changes it introduced, which Microsoft still has not revealed and likely won't, because there are not many, but because of its meaning for the support of the operating system.

Microsoft plans to support Windows 10 until October 14, 2025. The Home and Pro editions of last month's Windows 10 2022 Update release reach end of support on May 14, 2024 according to Microsoft. The Enterprise and Education editions of the Windows 10 2022 Update reach end of support on May 13, 2025. Only Enterprise Long-Term Servicing Channel and IoT Enterprise Long-Term Servicing Channel and Long-Term Servicing Branch editions are supported for longer. Version 21H2 will be supported until January 13, 2032 by Microsoft.

If you look at the dates, you may notice that there is not a lot of room left for future feature updates, provided that these follow the same support lifecycle. The Home editions could see an update in the second half of 2023, which would then be supported until October 2025. The Enterprise and Education editions, on the other hand, have no room left for a feature update that follows Microsoft's current support lifecycle. A 2023 update for Enterprise and Education would push support into 2026 under current terms.

Microsoft could adjust the support lifecycle again, or, decide to make Windows 10 2022 Update the last update for Windows 10, as Martin Geuß over at Dr. Windows suggested. There is still the six months period to consider between support end for Windows 10 version 22H2 and the end of support for the operating system.

Microsoft has yet to reveal its plans, and it seems unlikely that Microsoft will reveal how it plans to proceed in the coming months. I expect an update closer to the potential 2023 feature update release, if it will ever happen.

When you look at last month's feature update for Windows 10, you may come to the conclusion that it does not really matter if Microsoft releases another one. The last was unspectacular and there is a great chance that any other feature update that Microsoft may release will be equally unspectacular. Most Windows 10 customers may not even mind if Microsoft won't release another feature update, considering that it is unclear what the last feature update included.

Now You: will there be another feature update for Windows 10?

Thank you for being a Ghacks reader. The post Will there be another Windows 10 feature update? appeared first on gHacks Technology News.

read more...

GHacks, Nov 24, 2022
  2. MrGenius Win User

Microsoft to make Windows 10 updates mandatory

Well, at the moment at least, you can choose to defer upgrades. Under Settings > Windows Updates > Advanced options you need to check the box labeled "Defer upgrades". What does that do? Good question. The answer I've found might illuminate it to a degree.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/defer-upgrades-in-windows-10

I hear this only applies to Pro and Enterprise editions. But I can't verify that.

MrGenius, Nov 24, 2022
  3. Delta6326 Win User
    Delta6326, Nov 24, 2022
  4. P4-630 Win User

Windows 10 Creators Update to Feature New Levels of Privacy Control

Just a tiny step closer before I'll upgrade to windows 10....

P4-630, Nov 24, 2022
Thema:

1. Will there be another Windows 10 feature update? - Similar Threads - another feature update

2. Windows 10 update breaks another critical feature “sleep mode”

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 update breaks another critical feature “sleep mode”: All Windows 10 devices ship with a feature called ‘sleep mode’ where the system simply goes into a low power state and remains that way. After the rollout of September 2020 optional update, users are reporting that their computer keeps waking up from sleep mode. If it...
  3. Windows 10 update will bring another Control Panel feature to Settings

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 update will bring another Control Panel feature to Settings: Ever since Windows 8, Microsoft has included two methods of changing system settings – Control Panel and modern Settings. Over the past few years, Settings app has slowly become more functional and it’s also getting more of Control Panel’s capabilities, including the Windows...
  4. Windows 10 May 2020 Update breaks down another feature

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 May 2020 Update breaks down another feature: Windows 10’s May 2020 Update, which was released on May 27, has ended up breaking an essential app. The app in the question is OneDrive and it’s apparently made by Microsoft. After upgrading to Windows 10 version 2004, people have been complaining that they cannot access...
  5. feature update to windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    feature update to windows 10: Feature update to Windows 10, version 2004 Failed to install on ‎29-‎06-‎2020 - 0xc1900223 please help with this issue. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/feature-update-to-windows-10/3027fe8d-bd94-4276-9d91-e95025987e95
  6. Windows 10 Feature Update

Windows 10 Feature Update: When updating to the new Feature Update, I clicked to restart as prompted, but screen has been stuck with blue screen & 'Restarting' for over 2 hours. No other movement on screen. Has anyone else experienced this, or if it shouldn't happen, apart from turning laptop off...
  7. Windows 10 feature update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 feature update: Hi, can anyone tell me how to dissable windows 10 feature updates please, the last two have not been good, they take away numerous little thins like they default my taskbar to grey with any theme plus numerous other bugs. I'm using 1803, anything after this is bug infested...
  8. Windows 10 not updating the Feature Update

Windows 10 not updating the Feature Update: I've been having issues with Windows 10 updates. I searched for a resolution which brought me here. I saw an older post about downloading WUreset.bat file, which helped to get some updates like a Malware and .Net updates, but the main Feature update will get up to 84% but...
  9. Feature update to Windows 10

Feature update to Windows 10: Feature update to Windows 10, version 1903 - Error 0xc0000005 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/feature-update-to-windows-10/4d356353-7241-4b94-bd81-65a4b0d27292
  10. Feature update to Windows 10, feature 1903

Feature update to Windows 10, feature 1903: Hello. I keep getting this message- Getting things ready- for the feature update to version 1903. It is stuck at 71 percent since yesterday. The very first time I tried downloading the update, the error code was 0x80240034. Please help. Thank you....