Windows 10: Will this CPU be good for gaming/not overheating?

Discus and support Will this CPU be good for gaming/not overheating? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Right now I have an Intel Pentium E6300 on my Eureka3 motherboard, and that's not running BeamNG at all... If I upgraded to a Intel Core 2 Extreme... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Qwertyfish01, Oct 17, 2015.

1. Will this CPU be good for gaming/not overheating?

Right now I have an Intel Pentium E6300 on my Eureka3 motherboard, and that's not running BeamNG at all...
    If I upgraded to a Intel Core 2 Extreme QX9650 I am worried about it overheating constantly, because everyone has that problem. Would it not overheat badly if in a HP Pavilion p6387c case? I know this is not about Windows 10 but this is the only place that I get answers.

:)

Qwertyfish01, Oct 17, 2015
  2. bazn82 Win User

Which will be good for my usage? N82 or N78

If battery life is the main concern, definately go for the N78. It has feature pack 2 which uses less power when listening to music etc, and also has a larger battery

bazn82, Oct 17, 2015
  3. longyosh Win User
    Which will be good for my usage? N82 or N78

Can anyone please suggest me which phone should I buy? N82 or N78

My usage is following below.

3-4 hours listening to music,

20 messages(SMS),

15mins of calling,

taking a few photos,

30 mins wifi internet(checking a news, watch youtube, podcasting),

playing some games for a few mins

I am not into a photo so 5mega pix camera is not necessary.

Battery life is more important for me, which need once in 2or3 days charging is my ideal.

I like the design of N82(Black) but considering its battery life, it is worse than N78, according to many reviews.

So if N82 do work as my ideal charging, I will get N82.

Anyone plz advise me.

Thank you.

Message Edited by on 28-Jul-2008 05:10 AM

longyosh, Oct 17, 2015
  4. Dude Win User

Will this CPU be good for gaming/not overheating?

Welcome to the forums. You will need to run a good cooler, not the stock one to keep it cool. Find the specs of your case and look at some coolers that will fit. Make sure your motherboard can run the CPU too.

5. azasadny Win User
    I recommend the Corsair H60 AIO cooler for that (and most other) CPU's as it is easy to install and keeps the CPU cool without too much airflow required...

azasadny, Oct 20, 2015
  6. Hold on a bit...
    I cannot find case specs anywhere. I Googled "HP Pavilion p6300 series case specs" and it came up with product info, motherboard replacements, and Ebay listings. I clicked on the product info they had on HP's website, and that only told me how to change screen resolution and how much storage it has. I've pretty much hit a dead end here, and, uh... Yeah. That's it. I've hit a dead end here. If anyone would know just by some photos I took with my phone if this CPU would have some nice temperatures, that would be neat.

Will this CPU be good for gaming/not overheating? [​IMG]

And about these sideways pictures, well, that is just how badly Windows 10 and iOS 9.1 go together.

Qwertyfish01, Oct 21, 2015
  7. Dude Win User
    If you cant find specs, just use a tape measure to see how much clearance you have. I recommend you give the case a good cleaning to. Dust build up will increase temps.

8. Will this CPU be good for gaming/not overheating?

Thanks! That's another Dude success story!

Qwertyfish01, Oct 21, 2015
  9. razy60 Win User
    Personally rather than looking at a CPU upgrade try a graphics card upgrade as that is always best for games, your integrated / on board graphics are the stumbling block. A good clean will help too

razy60, Oct 21, 2015
  10. I know. I plan to get a new 1TB Western Digital Black series (For reliability reasons only, this PC is 7 years old and I see the signs), a Corsair CX750 750 Watt PSU and a 256-bit 4GB graphics card (I don't know which one yet, but it's on a tight budget) as well as the CPU, obviously over time because I don't have the moolah to be buying all this at once. While I'm inside the PC installing all this stuff I can clean it up with a canned air alternative, maybe a strong fan or something. We only have 1 Earth!

Qwertyfish01, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Will this CPU be good for gaming/not overheating?

1. Will this CPU be good for gaming/not overheating? - Similar Threads - CPU gaming overheating

2. CPU overheating

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CPU overheating: My CPU is constantly overheating to about 85C, but when I open Task Manger to identify what is using the CPU capacity the overheating instantly stops and CPU temperature goes back to normal 34C. I have tried turning off all background processes to fix the problem, with no...
  3. CPU overheating

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    CPU overheating: My CPU is constantly overheating to about 85C, but when I open Task Manger to identify what is using the CPU capacity the overheating instantly stops and CPU temperature goes back to normal 34C. I have tried turning off all background processes to fix the problem, with no...
  4. CPU Overheating and Overusage Issue.

CPU Overheating and Overusage Issue.: First of all my specs--AMD Ryzen 5 4650G16 GB DDR4 3200mhzNEVER OVERCLOCKEDSo I built the PC around 8 months ago, from last 1 month I'm facing an issue after a windows 11 update.CPU USAGE--My CPU usage in taskmanager is always 100% when idleEven in safe boot.Most consuming...
  5. CPU Utilization and Overheating

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CPU Utilization and Overheating: To try to keep this relatively short. I'm running a Windows 11 MSI gaming laptop on balanced power settings with Maximum Processor State, in Power Settings, set to 100% for both plugged in and battery options. When I run Heavyload, to perform a CPU stress test, on battery...
  6. CPU Utilization and Overheating

CPU Utilization and Overheating: To try to keep this relatively short. I'm running a Windows 11 MSI gaming laptop on balanced power settings with Maximum Processor State, in Power Settings, set to 100% for both plugged in and battery options. When I run Heavyload, to perform a CPU stress test, on battery...
  7. CPU Overheating!!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CPU Overheating!!!: Hello. Its Been A Week Since I Upgraded My Windows OS To Windows 11 And Its Not Going Well. My CPU Usage Is 30-60%. Is There Any Way To Fix It? Note: I Cant Roll Back To Windows 10...
  8. CPU Overheating!!!

CPU Overheating!!!: Hello. Its Been A Week Since I Upgraded My Windows OS To Windows 11 And Its Not Going Well. My CPU Usage Is 30-60%. Is There Any Way To Fix It? Note: I Cant Roll Back To Windows 10...
  9. CPU usage...overheating

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    CPU usage...overheating: My CPU recently started overheating UNLESS I turn on my VPN. I suspect I may be hacked, is this possible? Thank you, Barbara https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cpu-usageoverheating/b809e3c0-42e5-4537-9888-3d4f06becbeb
  10. CPU Overheating

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    CPU Overheating: Recently, I have been having a problem of high CPU temperature. It usually begins with 40C, then quickly goes up to the upper 80’s especially if I try running a game. I use Speccy to monitor the temperature. I have completed a whole clean up of the PC and had the same...