Windows 10: Will this erase personal Data? How to stop it?

Discus and support Will this erase personal Data? How to stop it? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My computer has been giving me troubles ever since I first got it. Complete garbage and always causing problems. Today its given me a message that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Wrenadee, Dec 30, 2019.

1. Wrenadee Win User

Will this erase personal Data? How to stop it?

My computer has been giving me troubles ever since I first got it. Complete garbage and always causing problems.

Today its given me a message that has really freaked me out because I do have personal data on it and I'm worried it will be deleted.

"Fatal Error C0000022 applying update operation 83232 of 85499 \Regi..."

Will this harm my computer permanently?

How can I cancel it?

I think I'm running windows 10? But I'm not sure.

Really freaking out here.

:)

Wrenadee, Dec 30, 2019

2. Microsoft Surface Data Eraser

Microsoft Surface Data Eraser

Source: https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/...ce-data-eraser

Cluster Head, Dec 30, 2019
  3. Remote erasing of data on lost phone

I have misplaced my phone while travelling in China.

Attempts to call the phone were unsuccessful, suggesting that either the phone was switched off or that the SIM card was removed/.

I called my phone service provider to deactivate the number.

i tried to login to my windows account to erase the data on my phone but got a message that it was unsucessful.

My questions are,

1) will I still be able to the erase the data remotely if the person who picked up my phone had replaced the SIM card

2) will I still be able to the erase the data remotely if my number was deactivated by my service provider

3) what else, if anything, could I do to wipe any data ( e.g. Contact list, messages, whatsap messages etc.) from the phone?

Unfortunately, a passcode is not required to unlock my phone,

i'm not sure I have wifi access to check the replies for the next few days, but any advices on this matter is much appreciated.

Plotholes80, Dec 30, 2019
  4. p_o_s_pc Win User

Finally! An alternative to eraser...

it looks much cleaner then the eraser so that is a big step up.

p_o_s_pc, Dec 30, 2019
Thema:

1. Will this erase personal Data? How to stop it? - Similar Threads - erase personal Data

2. When selecting the keep my files option, will my personal data be erased?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When selecting the keep my files option, will my personal data be erased?: When selecting the keep my files option, will my personal data be erased? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-selecting-the-keep-my-files-option-will-my/1fd278a7-ac68-4825-96a1-1773bc3ef4f6
  3. When selecting the keep my files option, will my personal data be erased?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When selecting the keep my files option, will my personal data be erased?: When selecting the keep my files option, will my personal data be erased? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-selecting-the-keep-my-files-option-will-my/1fd278a7-ac68-4825-96a1-1773bc3ef4f6
  4. When selecting the keep my files option, will my personal data be erased?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Erasing all the data.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Erasing all the data.: What rubbish is this ? How can Microsoft do this without prior info or notice ? Do you even know how much crucial data can be on someone's laptop ? I'm having windows 10 and last night it got updated after that when I opened it in the morning all the data was erased. I mean...
  6. Erasing personal data on a new laptop before returning to vendor ( Amazon)

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Erasing personal data on a new laptop before returning to vendor ( Amazon): Hi, Followed your guide to erase data through settings and reset but nothing happens. The operation doesn’t go through. Have tried numerous times with no success. The laptop is an Asus with windows 10. Please help! Kind regards. Normand...
  7. Erase data win 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Erase data win 10: Bot new computer, want to donate. How erase[ delete data ]. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/erase-data-win-10/3bd60287-b5f1-44b5-b037-156266d23d18"
  8. Update erased system files, personal data.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update erased system files, personal data.: Our windows 10 pc updated this morning and erased all of our personal data and some critical system files. When it starts up now we get the usual start up screen then it goes to the please wait loading screen for about 30 min or so before going to a blank desktop. The...
  9. Recover Erased Data

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Recover Erased Data: Recover Erased Data [ATTACH] Allows users to rescue deleted files from FAT16, FAT32, EXTFAT, NTFS, NTFS5, HFS+ and HFX Can be easily used over USB flash drive, memory card, external hard drive, etc. Easily rescue deleted files from Mac and Windows operating system with...
  10. Microsoft Surface Data Eraser

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Surface Data Eraser: Microsoft Surface Data Eraser Find out how the Microsoft Surface Data Eraser tool can help you securely wipe data from your Surface devices. Microsoft Surface Data Eraser is a tool that boots from a USB stick and allows you to perform a secure wipe of all data...