Windows 10: Will this get activated ?

Discus and support Will this get activated ? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have a laptop came preinstalled with Windows 7 Home Premium. I have a set of Windows 7 "factory default" DVDs. Naturally, I have the genuine product... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by davidhk, Apr 13, 2016.

1. davidhk Win User

Will this get activated ?

I have a laptop came preinstalled with Windows 7 Home Premium.
    I have a set of Windows 7 "factory default" DVDs. Naturally, I have the genuine product key.

I have since then upgraded to Windows 10 Home RTM on July 29th, 2015.

If I create a partition and install Win 7 Home Premium, will it get activated with my Win 7 key ?
    My worry is that it won't because the key is already tied to Win 10 install.

:)

davidhk, Apr 13, 2016

2. Will I get my activated windows back after downgrading to windows 8.1?

The ISO that Techbench Provides is a dual home and Pro Edition which picks up the edition to Install from your existing installation.Nevertheless, reverting back should activate .If that makes your windows activated, use the same ISO,enter the 8.1 product
    key if prompted and it should Install windows 10 home automatically.

Sumit Dhiman2, Apr 13, 2016
  3. Will I get my activated windows back after downgrading to windows 8.1?

Hi,

I had genuine activated Windows 8.1 Home -64 bit on my laptop. The Media creation tool was not working for some reason so I "upgraded"(not a clean install) to Windows 10 using an iso from Microsoft
    Tech Bench
    but by mistake I used Windows 10 Pro 64 bit which I am unable to activate now.

So if I use the option of go back to windows 8.1 under Update & Security option in settings , will I get back my "activated" windows 8.1 home.

manasdaruka, Apr 13, 2016
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Hello David,

It would violate the EULA to activate with the same key that is tied to the free upgrade offer of Windows 10 if you have them both installed and activated.

You can legally only have one installed and activated at the same time with the key.

If you uninstalled Windows 10, then you would be able to legally install and activate Windows 7 again with that key, but you may need to activate by phone.

Brink, Apr 13, 2016
  5. davidhk Win User
    Thank you.
    I was afraid that will be the case.

davidhk, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Will this get activated ? - Similar Threads - activated

2. What's causing Viber to keep stealing my active window?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What's causing Viber to keep stealing my active window?: Whenever I game, viber keeps taking me away from it for every notification it gets.What's causing this to happen?No other program does this. Messenger, Windows Phone, Discord, etc.Only Viber does this.It is getting annoying, even when I have Do Not Disturb on.Focus session...
  3. What's causing Viber to keep stealing my active window?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What's causing Viber to keep stealing my active window?: Whenever I game, viber keeps taking me away from it for every notification it gets.What's causing this to happen?No other program does this. Messenger, Windows Phone, Discord, etc.Only Viber does this.It is getting annoying, even when I have Do Not Disturb on.Focus session...
  4. How to activate windows 10 with digital license?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How to activate windows 10 with digital license?: I want to install linux on my HP laptop by completely removing windows 10, my laptop came with windows 10 preinstalled with digital license key. So if I want to switch back to windows 10 how do i reactivate my windows with my digital license key?...
  5. How to activate windows 10 with digital license?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to activate windows 10 with digital license?: I want to install linux on my HP laptop by completely removing windows 10, my laptop came with windows 10 preinstalled with digital license key. So if I want to switch back to windows 10 how do i reactivate my windows with my digital license key?...
  6. How to activate windows 10 with digital license?

7. Product key Activation for MS Office 2019

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Product key Activation for MS Office 2019: My Lenovo Laptop came with Windows 10 Home Single Language 64.I didn't had to type a product key nor was I able to access MS office 2019 that came with it could be a trial pack, i never noticed.The problem is I don't have a product key to enter since mine is digitally...
  8. Product key Activation for MS Office 2019

Product key Activation for MS Office 2019: My Lenovo Laptop came with Windows 10 Home Single Language 64.I didn't had to type a product key nor was I able to access MS office 2019 that came with it could be a trial pack, i never noticed.The problem is I don't have a product key to enter since mine is digitally...
  9. Windows 11 Lost Activation and cannot Reactivate after setting up Dual-Boot with Ubuntu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Lost Activation and cannot Reactivate after setting up Dual-Boot with Ubuntu: Greetings,I have an MSI Laptop - previously it had Windows 10 on it and I've recently upgraded to Windows 11. I did a fresh install of 11 as opposed to just upgrading, but it copied my license key over from the previous installation automatically, since it's all been on the...
  10. Windows 11 Lost Activation and cannot Reactivate after setting up Dual-Boot with Ubuntu

Windows 11 Lost Activation and cannot Reactivate after setting up Dual-Boot with Ubuntu: Greetings,I have an MSI Laptop - previously it had Windows 10 on it and I've recently upgraded to Windows 11. I did a fresh install of 11 as opposed to just upgrading, but it copied my license key over from the previous installation automatically, since it's all been on the...