Windows 10: Will this memory stick work for my pc?

Discus and support Will this memory stick work for my pc? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Crucial's system scanner showed that the following memory stick will work in my pc: Crucial 8GB DDR3L-1600 UDIMM Although Crucial is a reputable... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by AshleyQuick, Sep 28, 2019.

1. Will this memory stick work for my pc?

Crucial's system scanner showed that the following memory stick will work in my pc: Crucial 8GB DDR3L-1600 UDIMM

Although Crucial is a reputable brand, I simply don't want to pay the price for their memory. So my question is will the following work as an alternative?
    8GB (1x8GB) DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) 1.5V Desktop PC UDIMM Memory - Newegg.com

:)

AshleyQuick, Sep 28, 2019
  2. vallero Win User

USB memory stick issues

No Megahertz I did not. I tried using HPUSBDISK, it would not work when installed in the PC, but it did work in the laptop. The USB stick still works perfectly in the laptop, but I cannot transfer or delete files from it in the PC. In the PC disk manager lists it as being valid and working properly, and in File Explorer it exists and I can see the files that it contains, and finally in Device manager it is also listed as working properly. In Disc manager I have deleted it, rebooted, and allowed Windows to detect and reinstall drivers with no change. Any other USB memory stick that I have works fine, using the same USB port in the PC.

So that is my progress, none.

thanks

vallero, Sep 28, 2019
  3. Robert11 Win User
    PC (W7) Won't recognize Any USB Memory Stick. Thoughts On ?

Hi Folks,

Son not in area, so hard for me to help him out with this, but thought I'd
    ask here for any suggestions.

He has an older Dell desktop pc running W7.
    Seems to work fine.

But-

Plugging in USB Memory sticks into any slot on the case does not work.
    Not recognized by pc.

He says that they also do not show up in File Manager, or Device mgr., or Desktop.

Tried several sticks.

Any thoughts as to what might be happening, and what to try net ?

Neither of us are too computer savvy, so any and all suggestions would be most appreciated.

Thanks,
    Bob

Robert11, Sep 28, 2019
  4. Will this memory stick work for my pc?

Desktop not recognise memory stick

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

In order to assist you in a better way please answer the below questions.

- What happens when you connect memory stick to your PC?

- Do you get any error message?

Meanwhile I suggest you to Run Hardware and Device troubleshooter
    and check if it helps.

If your computer is having problems with a recently installed device or other hardware, try using the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter to fix the problem. It checks for common issues and makes sure that any new device or hardware
    attached to your computer was installed correctly.

Follow the steps given below:

• Type Troubleshooting in the search box and press Enter key.

• Click on view all option on the upper left corner.

• Select the Hardware and Device options from the list.

• Click Next to run the
      Hardware and Device Troubleshooter.

Help us with more information to assist you further.

Guru Kiran G, Sep 28, 2019
Thema:

Will this memory stick work for my pc?

1. Will this memory stick work for my pc? - Similar Threads - memory stick

2. Extremely slow File Transfer in Windows 11 to USB Memory stick

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Extremely slow File Transfer in Windows 11 to USB Memory stick: A search about this with Google, shows that a lot of people experience this - but is Microsoft taking it serious and do something about it I don't think so?Right now I am sitting in front of my Desktop computer and wants to copy a one! file from my Western Digital Black SN850...
  3. Extremely slow File Transfer in Windows 11 to USB Memory stick

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Extremely slow File Transfer in Windows 11 to USB Memory stick: A search about this with Google, shows that a lot of people experience this - but is Microsoft taking it serious and do something about it I don't think so?Right now I am sitting in front of my Desktop computer and wants to copy a one! file from my Western Digital Black SN850...
  4. undeleteable file on memory stick; chkdsk says drive is good

in Windows 10 Gaming
    undeleteable file on memory stick; chkdsk says drive is good: I have a USB memory stick full of music.I discovered a problem when i tried to copy it copy & paste failedIt seems the problem is a fault with the data storage on that drive; file explorer shows this: but when I try to delete the file I get "this is no longer...
  5. undeleteable file on memory stick; chkdsk says drive is good

undeleteable file on memory stick; chkdsk says drive is good: I have a USB memory stick full of music.I discovered a problem when i tried to copy it copy & paste failedIt seems the problem is a fault with the data storage on that drive; file explorer shows this: but when I try to delete the file I get "this is no longer...
  6. undeleteable file on memory stick; chkdsk says drive is good

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. copy and paste fails to start for large data transfer FROM memory stick

in Windows 10 Gaming
    copy and paste fails to start for large data transfer FROM memory stick: I have a large collection of music files in folders that I tried to copy from my USB drive kingston 32G FAT32 to an external SSD using a client's computer.Copy and paste worked fine for individual foldersHowever when I tried to copy and paste all or a significant subset - say...
  8. When I move files and photos from OneDrive to a memory stick, I can't open them or watch...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    When I move files and photos from OneDrive to a memory stick, I can't open them or watch...: I am trying to get all the files and photos in OneDrive off and put onto a memory stick. When I move them I can't open them or watch the video's. I've looked online for help and I'm so confused. I HATE OneDrive, it took my photos and files and it's like they are being held...
  9. When I move files and photos from OneDrive to a memory stick, I can't open them or watch...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When I move files and photos from OneDrive to a memory stick, I can't open them or watch...: I am trying to get all the files and photos in OneDrive off and put onto a memory stick. When I move them I can't open them or watch the video's. I've looked online for help and I'm so confused. I HATE OneDrive, it took my photos and files and it's like they are being held...
  10. When I move files and photos from OneDrive to a memory stick, I can't open them or watch...