Windows 10: Will turning on storage sense use up any resources to manage and clean out your disk, or not?

Discus and support Will turning on storage sense use up any resources to manage and clean out your disk, or not? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Can it impact performance by working in the background whatsoever?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Felix Kwok, Nov 12, 2021.

1. Will turning on storage sense use up any resources to manage and clean out your disk, or not?

Can it impact performance by working in the background whatsoever?

:)

Felix Kwok, Nov 12, 2021
  2. Martmcd Win User

What is STORAGE SENSE?

Hi Taffy087

Storage sense automatically removes temporary files etc. when disk space is getting low.

1) yes, as space is getting low on the system disk, although at that stage it hadn't done anything it is turned off by default but was suggesting you turn it on.

2) it is new with windows 10, but if you were not low on space you may not have known about it. It will eventually replace the disk clean-up.

3) you can safely remove everything listed in storage sense.

windows.old contains details of the previous build and is only required if you opt to roll back within 10 days of installing a feature update - if you don't need to roll back or it has been more than 10 days, you can safely delete it.

some info on storage sense

https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/Storage-...

https://www.windowscentral.com/how-use-storage-...

Note: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised
    on the site before you decide to download and install it.

Martmcd, Nov 12, 2021
  3. How to disable notification "Help Storage Sense clean more"

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are receiving notifications related to clear cloud backup of OneDrive through Storage Sense.

Ideally, if you turn on Storage Sense, Windows will automatically free up space by getting rid of files you don't need, like temporary files and items in the Recycle Bin, when you're low on disk space or at intervals you specify.

However, it will not remove the OneDrive content that is flagged as “Always keep on this device”. You can try changing the Storage Sense settings for OneDrive content.

1. Press Windows +
      I
      keys to open Settings.
    2. Click on System and then click on
      Storage.
    3. Now click on Configure Storage Sense or run it now.
    4. Under OneDrive change the content settings to
      Never.

If you want to disable Storage Sense completely then you can toggle the switch to
    Off at the top of the settings page mentioned above.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Nov 12, 2021
  4. Kari Win User

Will turning on storage sense use up any resources to manage and clean out your disk, or not?

Storage Sense

Nice one Dude. Added to the list.

I am happy you made this, it has been on my ToDo list for ages but the real life has been messing with my plans preventing any time consuming hobbies like video making Will turning on storage sense use up any resources to manage and clean out your disk, or not? :)

Thema:

Will turning on storage sense use up any resources to manage and clean out your disk, or not?

1. Will turning on storage sense use up any resources to manage and clean out your disk, or not? - Similar Threads - turning storage sense

2. Will turning on storage sense use up any resources to manage and clean out your disk, or not?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Will turning on storage sense use up any resources to manage and clean out your disk, or not?: Can it impact performance by working in the background whatsoever? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/will-turning-on-storage-sense-use-up-any-resources/c4d38d6e-a43e-4aeb-ae9a-a9931eeaffc5
  3. Will turning on storage sense use up any resources to manage and clean out your disk, or not?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Will turning on storage sense use up any resources to manage and clean out your disk, or not?: Can it impact performance by working in the background whatsoever? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/will-turning-on-storage-sense-use-up-any-resources/c4d38d6e-a43e-4aeb-ae9a-a9931eeaffc5
  4. How to use Storage Sense in Windows 11 to free up disk space

in Windows 10 News
    How to use Storage Sense in Windows 11 to free up disk space: [ATTACH]Storage Sense in Windows 11 is a great way to manage your computer’s storage. When configured, it can automatically empty the Recycle Bin, delete temporary files, and do other things to organize your storage. In this post, we show you how to turn on, configure and use...
  5. Storage Sense

in Windows 10 Customization
    Storage Sense: In my Windows 10 system, Temporary Files contain system restore points-9 GB and Windows update Cleanup-6 GB, Is it safe to delete such temporary files? plz Help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/storage-sense/981146e3-b38f-4e3c-88e3-c7bdb6a67b91
  6. storage Sense

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    storage Sense: If I set storage sense to clean every day? It doesn't seem to do anything Am I missing anything in my settings? or does it work only when you reach full capacity on the drive? thank you and stay safe 155349
  7. Disk Cleanup/Storage Sense problem

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Disk Cleanup/Storage Sense problem: Hello. Recently, I had problems with Storage Sense/Disk Cleanup. I tried to clean around 1.69GB of space by using Disk Cleanup. However, it didn't delete anything. It just skips all of them and didn't delete them. Then I tried to use Storage Sense i think both of them are...
  8. Storage sense

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Storage sense: Not able to turn on due to Administrator blocking it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/storage-sense/de41c85d-6ad8-4362-8c75-8176c32925de
  9. Cannot get Storage Sense clean now to release storage

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Cannot get Storage Sense clean now to release storage: [img] I cannot get Storage Sense to release much needed 'available' storage in the two most important ways, Downloaded Files,and Compress. I have run it numerous times, resulting in the same amount of GBs continuing to be displayed as available. Why is this? Cleaning the...
  10. Cannot get Storage Sense clean now to release storage

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot get Storage Sense clean now to release storage: [img] I cannot get Storage Sense to release much needed 'available' storage in the two most important ways, Downloaded Files,and Compress. I have run it numerous times, resulting in the same amount of GBs continuing to be displayed as available. Why is this? Cleaning the...