Windows 10: Will uninstalling and reinstalling game pass delete games?

Discus and support Will uninstalling and reinstalling game pass delete games? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; My friend has gamepass and is having issues with the program and he wants to uninstall it and reinstall it but is afraid his games will get deleted.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by crag67, Nov 28, 2020.

1. crag67 Win User

Will uninstalling and reinstalling game pass delete games?

My friend has gamepass and is having issues with the program and he wants to uninstall it and reinstall it but is afraid his games will get deleted.

:)

crag67, Nov 28, 2020

2. Can't install games with game pass

Hi Ashenath,

If you can’t install Game Pass Games on your PC, follow these suggestions:

Check if you have the right Game Pass

Clear Cache of Xbox Game Pass App

Update to the latest Windows 10 version,viz v1903

Admin privileges for Games

Give Admin privileges for Games

Check Windows Store Apps Troubleshooter

Repair Game if it keeps crashing or doesn’t work

Cannot Sign in to Xbox Live

If these steps didn't work, you can visit this link for further information:

https://www.thewindowsclub.com/cant-install-gam...

Feel free to give me feedback about this issue.

Thanks and regards,

RichardGuerzon, Nov 28, 2020
  3. WiIfred P Win User
    UNINSTALL GAMES FROM MICROSOFT

Hi Calaird,

This is Wil, one of the independent advisor, an expert with Windows 10 and a fellow Windows 10 user like you. I understand your concern about Uninstalling games.

Reference:

If you installed your game from the Microsoft Store, follow these steps:

1. Press the Windows button on your device or keyboard, or select the Windows icon in the lower-left corner of the main screen.

2. Select All Apps, and then find your game in the list.

3. Right-click the game tile, and then select Uninstall.

4. Follow the steps to uninstall the game.

5. To reinstall your game, open the Store app, and then select the profile button.

6. Select My Library.

7. Locate your game in the list of available downloads, and then select the download icon to the right.

If you installed your game from a location other than the Microsoft Store, such as a DVD or external storage device, follow these steps:

1. Press the Windows button on your device or keyboard, or select the Windows icon in the lower-left corner of the main screen.

2. Select Settings, and then in the search bar, type “Programs and features.”

3. Select Programs and Features from the search results.

4. Highlight your game in the list of available programs and apps.

5. If your game supports repair, Repair will appear as an option above the list of games. Select this option to access the in-game repair process. Alternatively, some games support repair via the Uninstall/Change options. If you don't see "Repair," select Uninstall
    or Change from the available options and check to see if the game supports repair.

I hope my suggestions help you. If you need further assistance please do reply back and I will respond as quickly as possible. Have a nice day.

Thanks,

Wilfred P.

Independent Advisor

WiIfred P, Nov 28, 2020
  4. Gino Des Win User

Cant delete game from games menu

Hi Ansgar,

Let's get this issue sorted. To better assist you in removing a game from the games menu, we would like to know more information about the problem that you are experiencing.

• Do you only experience this issue with this particular game?
    • Did you download this game from Windows Store?
    • Have you tried uninstalling the game on your computer?
    • What other steps have you performed in trying to delete this game?

In the meantime, we suggest that you
    create a new user account
    on your computer and then try to delete the game while on the new account. This will help us identify if the issue is caused by a configuration error related to your current user account.

If you need further assistance, please do not hesitate to post a reply.

Gino Des, Nov 28, 2020
Thema:

1. Will uninstalling and reinstalling game pass delete games? - Similar Threads - uninstalling reinstalling game

2. Can't uninstall game from Game Pass

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't uninstall game from Game Pass: Hi.Reently i unistalled game "The Ascend" via "Xbox App". Today I realized that I still have game on a disc in WindowsApps folder. I have full acces to WindowsApp folder, but It is impossible to unistall the CurveDigital.TheAscent... folder. It shows that I need access.I...
  3. Can't uninstall game from Game Pass

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't uninstall game from Game Pass: Hi.Reently i unistalled game "The Ascend" via "Xbox App". Today I realized that I still have game on a disc in WindowsApps folder. I have full acces to WindowsApp folder, but It is impossible to unistall the CurveDigital.TheAscent... folder. It shows that I need access.I...
  4. Can't uninstall game from Game Pass

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Can't uninstall game from Game Pass

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  6. Microsoft Store Repeatedly Tries to Reinstall Deleted Game Pass Game

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Store Repeatedly Tries to Reinstall Deleted Game Pass Game: As the title indicates. This problem only occurs with one Game Pass For Windows game: The Ascent. There must be some way of removing all traces of the game from my system because MS Store is obviously convinced it’s on my system. Very annoying. Tried resetting store but this...
  7. Microsoft Store Repeatedly Tries to Reinstall Deleted Game Pass Game

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Store Repeatedly Tries to Reinstall Deleted Game Pass Game: As the title indicates. This problem only occurs with one Game Pass For Windows game: The Ascent. There must be some way of removing all traces of the game from my system because MS Store is obviously convinced it’s on my system. Very annoying. Tried resetting store but this...
  8. Microsoft Store Repeatedly Tries to Reinstall Deleted Game Pass Game

in Windows 10 Gaming
  9. Xbox Game Pass Games for PC Not Uninstalling

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Xbox Game Pass Games for PC Not Uninstalling: I had downloaded several games from the Microsoft Store Game Pass on PC and I did not see any change in the storage space and that I tried everything besides restoring my PC since I had 181 GB available, but now I only have 41 GB available and was wondering where the game...
  10. uninstalled game pass games and yet they are in windowsapps ****

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    uninstalled game pass games and yet they are in windowsapps ****: Thought i uninstalled ark and sot then i find out its taking up like 200gb or my hard drive, but i cant seem to delete the folders from windowsapps so am i just doomed with whatever i install on gamepass i can never uninstall. Also when i try to change my default save...