Windows 10: Will Update 2004 Update By Itself?

Discus and support Will Update 2004 Update By Itself? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Will the new update 2004 update by itself or will we have to install it manually? 161595 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by yahanna, Jul 29, 2020.

1. yahanna Win User

Will Update 2004 Update By Itself?

Will the new update 2004 update by itself or will we have to install it manually?

:)

yahanna, Jul 29, 2020
  2. btarunr Win User

Intel Readies P55 Chipset B3 Stepping Update

Intel's is readying a hardware update for its P55 Express chipset, currently the only core-logic for the company's brand new socket LGA-1156 processor platform. The new B3 stepping of the P55 PCH will bring with it a little more than new MM number and S-spec numbers. A list of changes is as follows:
    • New MM number and S-spec numbers for the converted products;
    • Firmware and minor BIOS updates are required with the conversion;
    • Processor MRC/microcode update required to enable future processors;
    • Recommended storage driver upgrade from Intel MSM 8.9 to Intel RST 9.5.
    Although it is listed that the MRC update enables 'future processors', Intel, in a statement issued to X-bit labs assured that the current B2 stepping of the chipset (found on current socket LGA-1156 motherboards) does not leave out support for any of Intel's new LGA-1156 processors that are slated for release in the very near future. The dual-core "Clarkale" 32 nm processor will be supported by both B2 and B3 steppings of the chipset.

P55 B3 stepping is pin-identical to P55 B2, and hence motherboard vendors will not have to come up with new designs. Sampling of the new stepping began as early as on October 02, 2009, and it is scheduled for shipment to manufacturers by the 7th of December, 2009. P55 is the performance core-logic for the LGA-1156 platform. It supports Core i5 and Core i7 "Lynnfield" processors with discrete graphics.

Source: X-bit labs

btarunr, Jul 29, 2020
  3. btarunr Win User
    Intel E5200 Gets Updated, R0 Stepping Coming Up

Intel's Pentium Dual-Core E5200 processor is getting on course for a specifications update. The chip will feature in a new, improved Wolfdale-2M core, spec'd out as the R0 stepping, from its current M0 stepping. The new stepping is intended to add new instructions, power-management features, and bring about changes in the chip-package. A short list of known changes is as follows:
    • CPUID changed from 10677 to 1067A
    • Power State Indicator (PSI) support with Intel 4 series chipsets
    • New instructions - XSAVE and XRSTOR
    • New S-spec and MM numbers
    • New halide-free chip package
    Due to the changed CPUID, users may require BIOS updates to detect the CPU. According to the company, E5200 R0 should be out by April 13.

Source: TechConnect Magazine

btarunr, Jul 29, 2020
  4. Will Update 2004 Update By Itself?

Should I update bios?

I would read the warranty before doing anything. If the manufacturer finds out you did something not on their approved list of steps,for example using a program they didn't list, or a bios, etc, they can treat your video card rma like you threw it against the wall , because if something goes wrong and you didn't follow their steps exactly ,it was damaged through human error and they're not likely going to be obligated to cover it warranty wise. I don't know for sure, I just advocate that you check first , and I also advocate that you verify that it's an actual update ,because very rarely do manufacturers release updates for gpu bios'. And they most certainly wont cover a GPU "update" if its a bios file written by some dude in the Ukraine, it has to be a set process, they have predetermined often.

jboydgolfer, Jul 29, 2020
Thema:

Will Update 2004 Update By Itself?

1. Will Update 2004 Update By Itself? - Similar Threads - Update 2004 Update

2. Update 2004

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update 2004: MIcrosoft automatically installed update 2004 on 11/16. They also did updates to my Office 2010 suite, even though it is supposedly not supported. Now I have no fonts in the suite. I am instructed to run the Configuration program but it fails to install any fonts. Any...
  3. Update to 2004

Update to 2004: Hello All It seems like a stupid Question but I didn't found an answer yet?. I am currently on the 1903 Version of Windows Pro but in the update Menu it shows there is everything up to date. What can I do to update? Best Regards Noah...
  4. 2004 updates

2004 updates: Having problems with 2004,,updates will not install https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/2004-updates/9df5c4a0-66a4-4d3a-8e40-03101296a873
  5. Windows Feature Update 2004 Tried to Install Itself

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Feature Update 2004 Tried to Install Itself: Windows Update just let me know that "Feature update to Windows 10, version 2004" tried to install itself earlier today but failed with Error 0x80070005. I'm currently running version 1909 and I thought I had to manually trigger the installation of 2004. This all happened...
  6. Update 2004

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Update 2004: I'm unable to set sharing public folder following the recent update - some advice please. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/update-2004/9216005c-383c-4877-94bb-cd9286624fd2
  7. 2004 Update

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    2004 Update: Is this update stable? There are threads open discussing the pros and cons of the 2004 update. Known and Resolved issues for Windows 10 May 2020 Update version 2004 How to get the Windows 10 May 2020 Update version 2004 Some are receiving it, some are not yet. Take a look...
  8. 2004 update

2004 update: after feature update, i lose ability to do further windows updates. windows update no longer listed in services. after replacing os image with previous 1907 image. update returns until retrying 2004 feature update. obviously a bug with 2004 that removes windows update from...
  9. Update 2004

Update 2004: On the 1st June I attempted to download and install the 2004 update. All went well until the laptop restarted and then it froze, attempted to shut down and restart... nothing so I rolled back to a previous date using an app Rollback RX. this worked ok but now on restarting I...
  10. 2004 update

2004 update: Ever since I installed this feature update a couple of days ago, my Acer laptop has started to freeze at regular intervals, necessitating a complete reboot on each occasion. How can I fix this problem so to avoid having to go through the tedious process of persistent reboots?...