Windows 10: Will updating to Windows 10 20H2 slow down my pc?

Discus and support Will updating to Windows 10 20H2 slow down my pc? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Its as the title says...will it? submitted by /u/Wanyabe [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Wanyabe, Jan 18, 2021.

1. Will updating to Windows 10 20H2 slow down my pc?

/u/Wanyabe, Jan 18, 2021
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jan 18, 2021
  3. Mayra Aqu Win User
    Updates slowing computer performance

Hi,

Listed below are possible causes why Windows is running slow:

• Too many application installed.
    • Virus and malware.
    • Corrupted system files.
    • Outdated drivers.

For us to assist you with the concern, we suggest following the steps on this
    article

Update us with the outcome so we can provide further assistance.

Mayra Aqu, Jan 18, 2021
  4. Will updating to Windows 10 20H2 slow down my pc?

Update 20h2

Hi Wicki,

I am Sumit, an Independent Advisor and a 3 year Windows Insider MVP here to help.

20H2 should not be installed right-away on your device - MS said the rollout is only to a fraction of users and would be labeled as an optional update initially. Are you enrolled in WIP?

You may uninstall 20H2 using the steps below:

https://www.yourwindowsguide.com/2020/10/uninst...

Content on the above blog is written by a Microsoft MVP so it is safe. However, do watch out for the ads.

Sumit (Independent Advisor), Jan 18, 2021
Thema:

Will updating to Windows 10 20H2 slow down my pc?

1. Will updating to Windows 10 20H2 slow down my pc? - Similar Threads - updating 20H2 slow

2. Windows Update slows down my pc

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Update slows down my pc: Hi, I am an old user of windows 10, I updated my pc from win10 version 1909 to 20H2 in the month of March. The update was successful and my pc was normal as beforeupdating, but when I check for updates in the windows update settings page the available updates takes nearly 6-8...
  3. Windows updates slow my PC down

Windows updates slow my PC down: So today I was going to record a YouTube video, when I noticed something wasn't right, the fps boost client was getting 50% less fps then normal, and when I tried running the recorder, when I hit record the entire recording app crashed.I checked task manager to see what was...
  4. Update 20H2 slows down the Windows

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Update 20H2 slows down the Windows: Hi Team, I have recently upgraded my OS Version from 1909 to 20H2 but now my system is slows down and performance is degraded as it was in previous version of windows i.e. 1909. Could you help me to figure out the steps I should take to restore the performance of my...
  5. Windows update to 20H2 slowed my printer down.

Windows update to 20H2 slowed my printer down.: On 1214/20 win 10 was updated to ver. 20h2 and my HP printer slowed down to one line at a time. Using IE with the same app and page, the printer works as it should. Any suggestions as to how to fix the problem?? ds...
  6. Windows update slowed down PC

Windows update slowed down PC: After a recent windows update, my PC is unbearably slow. Applications take significantly longer to open and CPU usage is often well above the norm 70+% using windows explorer It affects all applications. I've now tried a system restore and a PC reset, but the pc is still...
  7. Windows update 20h2 slowed my computer

Windows update 20h2 slowed my computer: Windows updated to 20H2 and my computer became unusable, then I did a system restore to a point before the update, but still my computer was very sluggish to the point of unusable. How can I fix this without doing a fresh install, because I do not want to reinstall my apps...
  8. windows 10 slowed my pc down cosiderably

windows 10 slowed my pc down cosiderably: hi I download windows 10 yesterday i had windows 8.1 before i used to play ps2 games using emulator they worked ok at 38 to 50 fps out of 60 fps but after download windows 10 they r working at 16 fps to 25 fps 30 fps at max so WHAT SHOULD I DO?...
  9. Windows Defender slows down my PC

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender slows down my PC: Hi, Whenever I open any folder with lots of software programs than Windows Defender start taking more thing 50% of CPU usage, continuously. I know that it might be scanning them, but every time? It slows down PC too much that the icon of the program takes too much time...
  10. Pc slowed down after update

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Pc slowed down after update: So about few hours ago I installed update for windows 10 and now my pc slowed down a lot,when booting instead of usual 1 minute now it takes 4-5 minutes or more and it also runs slower than usual.Anyone having this issue or know know how to fix it? 21422