Windows 10: Will Upgrade install/Repair fix folder misconfiguration?

Discus and support Will Upgrade install/Repair fix folder misconfiguration? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; So I'm not exactly sure how, but I managed to move my WindowsApps folder to my D:/ drive and cannot get it back to my C:/ drive because of a Gmail app... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by zlindz, Sep 18, 2021.

1. zlindz Win User

Will Upgrade install/Repair fix folder misconfiguration?

So I'm not exactly sure how, but I managed to move my WindowsApps folder to my D:/ drive and cannot get it back to my C:/ drive because of a Gmail app that runs constantly that I can't kill even in task manager. There are a few other misconfigured permissions and things I'd like to just reset as well so I was thinking of doing a clean install or repair. I've made a full system image backup and was wondering if I can restore any programs or files from said backup after a repair or clean install or if all documents and programs will have to be redownloaded after reinstalling W10. A lot of the fi

:)

zlindz, Sep 18, 2021
  2. Try3 Win User

Repair install/in-place upgrade not proceeding normally

Benjamin,

I have just run a Repair install myself to make sure nothing has changed recently. I used my 21H1 ISO.

The Step 7 tutorial diagrams are correct.
    - After clicking on setup, the 'ConsentUI' [aka Admin prompt] appears.
    - Then the preparing dialog appears. It is a small one about 3 inches by 1 inch.

Will Upgrade install/Repair fix folder misconfiguration? [​IMG]

- Then the big Install Windows 10 dialog appears. It covers about half the screen.

Will Upgrade install/Repair fix folder misconfiguration? [​IMG]

I do not know what to suggest any more. I am out of ideas.

Denis

3. zbook Win User
    Programs not working

In post 26 there were steps listed to fix the operating system corruption.
    Are you able to follow them?
    In post 29 was the suggested dism repair command.

zbook, Sep 18, 2021
  4. zbook Win User

Troubleshoot Windows updates after an in place upgrade repair

Multiple troubleshooting steps had failed to fix net framework, scannow, and restorehealth problems.
    And multiple in place upgrades failed.

Modifications were made on each in place upgrade.
    The last one fixed the net framework, scannow, and restorehealth problems.

The computer is functioning normally now except for these 5 Windows updates.

Had the in place upgrade failed I was planning to custom install.
    This requires reinstallation of drivers and applications.

With the last in place working I was considering another in place upgrade repair.

What repair methods are you suggesting that were not already performed after the last in place upgrade repair?

zbook, Sep 18, 2021
Thema:

1. Will Upgrade install/Repair fix folder misconfiguration? - Similar Threads - Upgrade install Repair

2. Missing Drivers and Misconfigurations After Installing Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Missing Drivers and Misconfigurations After Installing Windows 10: Hello, I'm honestly struggling to figure this out.I bought a laptop, Legion Pro 5 16IRX8 - Type 82WK that uses Windows 11, a year ago and had decided to install Windows 10 on it. I let the installer delete all of the existing files since I wanted to have a fresh new laptop...
  3. Missing Drivers and Misconfigurations After Installing Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Missing Drivers and Misconfigurations After Installing Windows 10: Hello, I'm honestly struggling to figure this out.I bought a laptop, Legion Pro 5 16IRX8 - Type 82WK that uses Windows 11, a year ago and had decided to install Windows 10 on it. I let the installer delete all of the existing files since I wanted to have a fresh new laptop...
  4. Missing Drivers and Misconfigurations After Installing Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Can't remove misconfigured port

Can't remove misconfigured port: Hi there, Recently, I misconfigured a printer port. I made a local port named USB001 and after that I installed the virtual port USB001. As a result, my printer not working and when I tried to remove it, it just said that port is in used, even without printer. Any probably...
  6. Repair Install/upgrade 20H2 question

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Repair Install/upgrade 20H2 question: If I was to download the current version of the Media Creation Tool as of today from the Microsoft website and create USB installation media. Can I use it to perform a clean installation of Windows 10 20H2, put it on one side and if I have any future issues, can I also use...
  7. Repair Install (in place upgrade) question

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Repair Install (in place upgrade) question: Ive got a new Dell laptop arriving later in the week. I normally clean install and blow away the partitions using a Media Creation Tool created flash drive which gets rid of bloatware as well. Im doing things differently this time though. It has a some useful software pre...
  8. Using Repair Upgrade / Repair Install

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Using Repair Upgrade / Repair Install: Hi, I've been using my computer for over 4 years with the same OS installed (windows 10). Meanwhile i've installed many apps including those driver updaters, pc cleanup apps, anti virus and so on. So at this time I believe it would be good to clean up the windows 10 and...
  9. Effects of a repair install in-place upgrade

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Effects of a repair install in-place upgrade: Will a repair installor inplace upgrade remove any of my software? I have photoshop on my computer and have lost the cd, so Id rater not have it removed. Do you think this will happen?...
  10. USB COMPOSITE MISCONFIGURED

USB COMPOSITE MISCONFIGURED: I am getting this error message when ever I run my dell support assistance.... I need some help on this one. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/usb-composite-misconfigured/dac68f68-23c1-4ec5-8df8-22ed9f10b653