Windows 10: Will upgrade remove all of my games

Discus and support Will upgrade remove all of my games in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Will it remove all of my games i installed on the other drive such as D:\ if i upgrade from 8.1 to 10 ? 14487 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Brandon Bias, Aug 8, 2015.

1. Will upgrade remove all of my games

Will it remove all of my games i installed on the other drive such as D:\ if i upgrade from 8.1 to 10 ?

:)

Brandon Bias, Aug 8, 2015

2. Will the windows 10 free upgrade remove all of the programs off my computer?

Will the windows 10 free upgrade remove all of the programs off my computer? I am currently running Windows 7 Home Premium and I don't want to loose any of the programs that I have currently got installed.

ConnorInglis, Aug 8, 2015
  3. Will the windows 10 free upgrade remove all of the programs off my computer?

Will upgrading from Windows 7 or later preserve my personal files, applications and settings?

Yes, upgrading from Windows 7 or a later version will preserve your personal files (documents, music, pictures, videos, downloads, favorites, contacts etc, applications (ie. Microsoft Office, Adobe applications etc), games and settings (ie. passwords, custom
    dictionary, application settings).

Will my existing programs, hardware and drivers work on Windows 10?

Most applications and hardware drivers designed for Windows 7 or later should work with Windows 10. Of course, with significant changes expected in Windows 10, it is best you contact the software developer and hardware vendor to find out about support for
    Windows 10. Windows 10 setup will keep, upgrade, replace and might require that you install new drivers through Windows Update or from the manufacturers website.

You can also download the Download the Windows 10 Reservation App and use it to check your system readiness.

How
    to reserve your free upgrade to Windows 10

Will upgrade remove all of my games [​IMG]

Click the hamburger menu at the upper left hand corner.

Click Check your PC

Backup your computer:

When making significant changes to your computer such as updating the operating system, you should always backup. See links to resources about backing up by clicking the link for the respective version of Windows you are running:

Windows XP
    Windows Vista
    Windows 7
    Windows 8/8.1

Also review:

How
    to manually backup and restore your files

How to: 10 Tips before
    installing the latest Windows 10 build

How to: 10 things
    to do if Windows 10 Setup fails.

Once you have installed these important updates and followed the prerequisite instructions, you should be ready to receive your
    free update to Windows 10 this summer.

Andre Da Costa, Aug 8, 2015
  4. RWOne Win User

Will upgrade remove all of my games

No, it will not, as you are upgrading instead of a fresh install, my guess is that you will be fine.

I had apps installed to a separate drive and afterwards they were fine, though I did have to remove my other two sata drives to get my upgrade accomplished on that particular system, and plugged them back in after first boot.

RWOne, Aug 8, 2015
Thema:

Will upgrade remove all of my games

1. Will upgrade remove all of my games - Similar Threads - upgrade remove games

2. All games Crashes after Upgrading to Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All games Crashes after Upgrading to Windows 11: Hello!in the past 5 days i have upgraded to Windows 11 and every game i played crashes Valorant, Palworld, Genshin, Persona 3, Far cry 5 ... etci tried uninstalling and installing it upgraded to the latest drivers, even downgraded the drivers. so i got pissed off and reverted...
  3. All games are crashing to desktop since PC upgrade

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All games are crashing to desktop since PC upgrade: I recently upgraded my PC hardware and OS and have a clean install of Windows 11 Home. All of these games worked without any issues on my older build with Win 10. Ever since the upgrade I have been having a constant problem with all my games crashing even if they are not...
  4. all games crash after hardware upgrade

in Windows 10 Gaming
    all games crash after hardware upgrade: i upgraded my motherboard cpu ram and didn't upgrade my gpu and i have been getting countless crashes and bluescreen can u look into this dump ?https://drive.google.com/file/d/1tAJsKQxvtAQnxwQlBDJF7XIuube_Sfat/view?usp=sharing...
  5. all games crash after hardware upgrade

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    all games crash after hardware upgrade: i upgraded my motherboard cpu ram and didn't upgrade my gpu and i have been getting countless crashes and bluescreen can u look into this dump ?https://drive.google.com/file/d/1tAJsKQxvtAQnxwQlBDJF7XIuube_Sfat/view?usp=sharing...
  6. Quit removing my games!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Quit removing my games!: In W10, you ruined the old Windows simple games, such as Freecell. That's no surprise, you often ruin things that work. I installed old versions, but every time you have a major W10 update, you decide to delete those games and I have to reinstall. Stop that!...
  7. My Games Are All Gone?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My Games Are All Gone?: It Was Just Another Normal Day, And I Opened My Computer To Play Games But They Were Suddenly Gone! I Looked For Help And Searched Everywhere I Could But There Was No Solution. So What Happened Was My Games Folder Inside Of My 4tb Disk Partition2tb Each Disappeared But The...
  8. What happened to all my games I had before the upgrade??????

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What happened to all my games I had before the upgrade??????: I am not very happy with this recent upgrade. It took away all my games that I would normally plan and have been playing for years. I want them back....
  9. Will a in place upgrade remove all my programs

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Will a in place upgrade remove all my programs: So if I do a in place upgrade will I get to keep all my programs or will it reset the pc if it does reset it how can i fix my broken windows without touching my programs and files...
  10. All Of My Games Crash

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    All Of My Games Crash: Since I built my pc back in February, it's never quite worked right. I've ruled out the graphics card, the motherboard, and the RAM. The issue is that any time I stream (using OBS) or play a game on my pc (Dying Light, Conarium, anything graphics intensive,) the games crash....