Windows 10: Will upgrading memory from 8gb to 16gb help with slow PC and internet?

Discus and support Will upgrading memory from 8gb to 16gb help with slow PC and internet? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; First post. So I have done a clean install windows 10 home, after formatting, new partition, updated drivers, etc... PC still seems to run slow and I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by kennydoit, Feb 9, 2021.

1. kennydoit Win User

Will upgrading memory from 8gb to 16gb help with slow PC and internet?

First post. So I have done a clean install windows 10 home, after formatting, new partition, updated drivers, etc... PC still seems to run slow and I am wondering if it is just an old (2014) mb, processor, etc.. Please take a look at my specs page for build info. OR, would upgrading from 8gb to 16gb memory help?

Great site!

Thanks

:)

kennydoit, Feb 9, 2021

2. Performance effect of c6-01 after upgrading the memory card from 2gb to 8gb/16gb

1) Can anyone tell me the performance effect of c6-01 after upgrading external memory card from

2gb to 8gb/16gb???

2) Do you face any problems after this upgrading??

3) Does the mobile operation becomes slow????

Plz help me, as i am planning to upgrade the External Memory

venkat2609, Feb 9, 2021
  3. ArthurJan Win User
    Memory capping problem 16gb capping at 8gb

Not sure if this is the correct place to post this, first time using the site but I need some help.

I am currently running a 16gb setup on my pc running windows10 and have a big problem. Every time I use applications that are memory heavy I run into an error making me close down the application or memory/file corruption or leakage may occur. However, if I check my task manager I can see that the memory usage is at 80% and only using around 8gb or less(I have actually added up the amount of space every single app have taken up manually and it was under 8gb while over 90%). I constantly have this problem and never browsed through task manager much before so I am not really sure when the problem arose.

Here are some screenshots showing my comp specs and a task manager screenshot

Will upgrading memory from 8gb to 16gb help with slow PC and internet? [​IMG]

Will upgrading memory from 8gb to 16gb help with slow PC and internet? [​IMG]

Thanks in advance if anybody replies!

ArthurJan, Feb 9, 2021
  4. alfred Win User

16GB of committed memory on a 8GB RAM system

My system is currently very slow, and I'm fishing for reasons why this might be..

System is : W10x64 Pro, i5-4460 CPU @3.2GHz, 8GB PC3-12800 @ 1600MHz, 500GB SATA HDD.

Disk C: has less than 10% free space, and from what I see in Task Manager, disk usage is my main problem. From time to time the computer freezes, and I have to wait 10-15 minutes for it to release.

Just now I noticed I have 16GB of committed memory, I have no idea why. Might it be that the system is forced to write data on the HDD all the time and this is why it is so slow ?

Image from Task Manager :

Will upgrading memory from 8gb to 16gb help with slow PC and internet? b0mPX.png

EDIT. My Paging file is 8GB which explains the committed memory size.

Will upgrading memory from 8gb to 16gb help with slow PC and internet? FN9oj.png

Should I disable it and see if the RAM is enough for my usage .. I need a solution on how to get the system to work normally.

alfred, Feb 9, 2021
Thema:

1. Will upgrading memory from 8gb to 16gb help with slow PC and internet? - Similar Threads - upgrading memory 8gb

2. PC Crashes and my Total Physical Memory drops from 16Gb-8Gb

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC Crashes and my Total Physical Memory drops from 16Gb-8Gb: I've been having an issue where my PC will blue screen and upon restarting is only able to use 8gb of the installed 16gb of ram. Under system information it shows:Opening up my PC and reinstalling the ram fixes the issue temporarily however after 10ish mins it will crash...
  3. PC Crashes and my Total Physical Memory drops from 16Gb-8Gb

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC Crashes and my Total Physical Memory drops from 16Gb-8Gb: I've been having an issue where my PC will blue screen and upon restarting is only able to use 8gb of the installed 16gb of ram. Under system information it shows:Opening up my PC and reinstalling the ram fixes the issue temporarily however after 10ish mins it will crash...
  4. PC Crashes and my Total Physical Memory drops from 16Gb-8Gb

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Just upgraded my RAM size from 8GB to 16GB no difference

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Just upgraded my RAM size from 8GB to 16GB no difference: I've just upgraded my laptop RAM size from 8GB to 16GB and so expected my gaming performance to be better but what happened that there is literally no difference, fps is the same in all games and same for system performance.Could anyone assist me with that please....
  6. Just upgraded my RAM size from 8GB to 16GB no difference

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Just upgraded my RAM size from 8GB to 16GB no difference: I've just upgraded my laptop RAM size from 8GB to 16GB and so expected my gaming performance to be better but what happened that there is literally no difference, fps is the same in all games and same for system performance.Could anyone assist me with that please....
  7. Will upgrading memory from 8gb to 16gb help with slow PC and internet?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Will upgrading memory from 8gb to 16gb help with slow PC and internet?: First post. So I have done a clean install windows 10 home, after formatting, new partition, updated drivers, etc... PC still seems to run slow and I am wondering if it is just an old (2014) mb, processor, etc.. Please take a look at my specs page for build info. OR, would...
  8. PC bluescreens with 16gb of ram, but not with 8gb

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC bluescreens with 16gb of ram, but not with 8gb: I recently built a new computer and have been getting lots of random bluescreens. They were all memory errors, so I took one of the two sticks out and the crashes stopped. I thought that maybe the stick I took out was faulty, so I switched them out to test it, but still, no...
  9. Trying to upgrade from 8GB to 16GB - won't boot at 16GB

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Trying to upgrade from 8GB to 16GB - won't boot at 16GB: Gateway DX 4840 Intel i3 540 @ 3.07GHz BIOS version P01-A0 03/19/2010 Chipset Intel H57 Memory originally 8 GB (4 x 2GB) dual-channel 1333 MHz DDR3 (double sided) CL9 Specs say "Upgradeable to 16GB using four DIMM modules) Tried to upgrade to Kingston ValueRAM 16 GB...
  10. Memory capping problem 16gb capping at 8gb

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Memory capping problem 16gb capping at 8gb: Not sure if this is the correct place to post this, first time using the site but I need some help. I am currently running a 16gb setup on my pc running windows10 and have a big problem. Every time I use applications that are memory heavy I run into an error making me...