Windows 10: Will upgrading to 11 with a possibly broken CMOS battery be bad?

Discus and support Will upgrading to 11 with a possibly broken CMOS battery be bad? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; So, I think my CMOS battery is messed up although it seems to only be effecting the clock, and I am curious about this thought.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by BCTheDude, Apr 16, 2024.

1. BCTheDude Win User

Will upgrading to 11 with a possibly broken CMOS battery be bad?

So, I think my CMOS battery is messed up although it seems to only be effecting the clock, and I am curious about this thought.

:)

BCTheDude, Apr 16, 2024
  2. Rick2021 Win User

Does CMOS battery make an important role?

This means the CMOS battery has failed - you need to purchase a new CMOS battery. As suggested by another expert you should upgrade your BIOS and then do the CMOS battery replacement and this should stop it.

Rick2021, Apr 16, 2024
  3. Toshiba Laptop Not Holding Battery Charge

attached is a pic of the internal of the laptop there does NOT appear to be a CMOS battery what should my next steps be? - fully charge existing battery and see if i remove it and install back teh next day whether its still fully charged? - charge the battery for 18 hours to charge the internal CMOS battery? - suggestions please as Im not sure

bartjunited, Apr 16, 2024
  4. Rick2021 Win User

Does CMOS battery make an important role?

Another expert kindly suggested that the beep code may be due to removal of your CMOS battery and you may need to update your BIOS and replace your CMOS battery.

Rick2021, Apr 16, 2024
Thema:

1. Will upgrading to 11 with a possibly broken CMOS battery be bad? - Similar Threads - upgrading possibly broken

2. can a possibly broken CMOS battery effect windows update?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can a possibly broken CMOS battery effect windows update?: Okay, I am kind of worried about this and despite being told it's likely not possible for this to happen, can a normal windows update like a monthly or optional one messed up my laptop with a possibly damaged CMOS? clock isn't working properly, that's the only sign at the...
  3. can a possibly broken CMOS battery effect windows update?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    can a possibly broken CMOS battery effect windows update?: Okay, I am kind of worried about this and despite being told it's likely not possible for this to happen, can a normal windows update like a monthly or optional one messed up my laptop with a possibly damaged CMOS? clock isn't working properly, that's the only sign at the...
  4. can a possibly broken CMOS battery effect windows update?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Will upgrading to 11 with a possibly broken CMOS battery be bad?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Will upgrading to 11 with a possibly broken CMOS battery be bad?: So, I think my CMOS battery is messed up although it seems to only be effecting the clock, and I am curious about this thought. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/will-upgrading-to-11-with-a-possibly-broken-cmos/f3d3895c-ebfa-4506-85f4-e6d69fdd3a00
  6. Will upgrading to 11 with a possibly broken CMOS battery be bad?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Will upgrading to 11 with a possibly broken CMOS battery be bad?: So, I think my CMOS battery is messed up although it seems to only be effecting the clock, and I am curious about this thought. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/will-upgrading-to-11-with-a-possibly-broken-cmos/f3d3895c-ebfa-4506-85f4-e6d69fdd3a00
  7. Cmos battery remove

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cmos battery remove: hi i have a dell inspiron 5559, i had a problem with my ac charger being unrecognized. I wanted to turn off this warning so i can work on my computer even if the battery wasn't charging, just to remove the warning. But my laptop had an administrator password, i don't know who...
  8. Cmos battery remove

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cmos battery remove: hi i have a dell inspiron 5559, i had a problem with my ac charger being unrecognized. I wanted to turn off this warning so i can work on my computer even if the battery wasn't charging, just to remove the warning. But my laptop had an administrator password, i don't know who...
  9. CMOS Battery

CMOS Battery: How often should it be changed? I have a ProBook 4540s HP Laptop running Windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cmos-battery/1b7f89ca-a1e2-458d-ae77-8ad93b347f0b
  10. cmos battery

cmos battery: Is there a default in set up after replacing the cmos battery or should you take a picture with the flash off just in case? I cannot think of any other way to know the information as print screen etc cannot be used. TY Peter 44179