Windows 10: Will upgrading Win10 with media creation tool delete personal files and apps ?

Discus and support Will upgrading Win10 with media creation tool delete personal files and apps ? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have windows 10 home purchased and activated But I want to reinstall it so I downloaded MEDIA CREATION TOOL and I picked Upgrade this PC now. option... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Aurel_568, Jul 22, 2018.

1. Aurel_568 Win User

Will upgrading Win10 with media creation tool delete personal files and apps ?

I have windows 10 home purchased and activated

But I want to reinstall it so I downloaded MEDIA CREATION TOOL and I picked Upgrade this PC now. option

I keeped my personal files and apps but the problem is I have 2 users in my PC

So upgrading the pc will affect files if I have two users?

Thanks

:)

Aurel_568, Jul 22, 2018

2. Media Creation Tool

If I install Windows 10 with help of media creation tool and only by saving personal files , are the files in local disc D deleted ?

VaruzhanStepanyan, Jul 22, 2018
  3. Slobman Win User
    When upgrading to win10 from win7 WITH THE MEDIA CREATION TOOL it searchs for update continuosly

I 've been trying to update my computer from win7 to win10 none of you have had any solutions that weren't insulting for example one solution was to turn off windows update. To do that the OS would have to complete the installation process. Another person
    suggested using the Media Creation tool WHAT THE **** ELSE would I possibly be using to upgrade with. Another suggestion was to just jeep trying after 3 weeks that is not working

Slobman, Jul 22, 2018
  4. Yaqub K Win User

media creation tool

Hi,

Please assist me with the following information related to this issue:

• From which version of Windows are you trying to upgrade to Windows 10?
    • What is the make and model of your computer?
    • Does the computer meets the minimum system requirement to upgrade to Windows 10?
    • When exactly do you get the purple windows icon?
    I suggest you to create another USB bootable media using the ISO and then try to upgrade to Windows 10. Refer to the following links:

http://www.microsoft.com/en-US/windows/windows-10-faq

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/media-creation-tool-install

Also see:
    How to download official Windows 10 ISO files

Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Jul 22, 2018
Thema:

1. Will upgrading Win10 with media creation tool delete personal files and apps ? - Similar Threads - upgrading Win10 media

2. Windows Upgrade Repair WIn10 or Win11 Media Creation Tool?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Upgrade Repair WIn10 or Win11 Media Creation Tool?: Hi,My system has become horribly unstable after the most recent update, so I am going to try a repair upgrade. I originally had Windows 10, but upgraded to Windows 11. Which Media Tool do I need to download? Do I do this with Windows 10 that has the original key, or with the...
  3. Windows Upgrade Repair WIn10 or Win11 Media Creation Tool?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Upgrade Repair WIn10 or Win11 Media Creation Tool?: Hi,My system has become horribly unstable after the most recent update, so I am going to try a repair upgrade. I originally had Windows 10, but upgraded to Windows 11. Which Media Tool do I need to download? Do I do this with Windows 10 that has the original key, or with the...
  4. media creation tool

in Windows 10 Gaming
    media creation tool: how do i fix media creation tool it keeps crashing when i open it without any error https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/media-creation-tool/3740294e-2b85-48de-a678-e7f03ee46369
  5. In Place Upgrade / Media Creation Tool

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    In Place Upgrade / Media Creation Tool: Hi AllI was able to successfully use In Place Upgrade Media Creation Tool choosing the option of keeping personal files and applications to upgrade to the latest version 21h1 of Windows 10 this May. However I was still having security update issue even after a freshly...
  6. Win10 Media Creation Tool failed to install win10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Win10 Media Creation Tool failed to install win10: So after the recent windows 10 update, my computer is getting slow boot times, and the boot log says that wimmount.sys, WdFilter.sys, NDProxy.sys, and dxgkrnl.sys are not loaded. I tried sfc /scannow but the error message says "windows resource protection could not start the...
  7. Does Upgrade option in Media Creation Tool keep your personal files?

Does Upgrade option in Media Creation Tool keep your personal files?: I've been having issues using the windows insider preview build, so I need to reinstall W10 with the Media Creation Tool 20H2. The only problem though is that I have 326gb of files and I don't have an external drive, USB, cloud or anything I could use to back up. My real...
  8. Media creation tool

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Media creation tool: So i know i can use this tool to update my pc to latest but will i keep all my settings and preferences? Havent updated my pc in 3 years so figured this is a better way to do it. submitted by /u/AwesomePicMan [link] [comments]...
  9. Media Creation Tool for Upgrades

Media Creation Tool for Upgrades: Quick question about the use of the Media creation tool. I am currently using MCT1903 on a USB to upgrade my PC to windows 10. I didn't turn the USB into a bootable device; I just put the tool on it. I am wondering if on the "Downloading Windows 10" screen of the...
  10. Issues with Win10 Media Creation Tool

Issues with Win10 Media Creation Tool: I want to install Win10 on a USB, simples BUT will the MCT let me do this NO! It's trying to reinstall it on my PC even though I'm pretty sure I followed the instructions here. Anyone know how I can download Win10 without having to go through the MCT so I can have a fresh...