Windows 10: Will upgrading windows 10 home Chinese edition to pro via the appstore allow me to change...

Discus and support Will upgrading windows 10 home Chinese edition to pro via the appstore allow me to change... in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I live in China, and own a Chinese ultrabook although I don't read or speak chinese very well. I am not Chinese. The system is language-locked into... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by bgale2009, Mar 26, 2020.

1. bgale2009 Win User

Will upgrading windows 10 home Chinese edition to pro via the appstore allow me to change...

I live in China, and own a Chinese ultrabook although I don't read or speak chinese very well. I am not Chinese.

The system is language-locked into the Chinese language, but I cannot change the system language to US English, or any language because it is locked in Chinese.

To upgrade to pro, I would need to pay 800RMB about $120. I am tempted to do this, but only so I will be able to change the system language to English. I am worried that I will buy pro, and then I will still be locked into Chinese for my system. Will buying and upgrading to pro within the appstore allow me to change the language?

I didn't really mind the system being in Chinese at first, but now when I install programs, they all default to chinese language and I cannot navigate them to change them back to English. It's very frustrating

:)

bgale2009, Mar 26, 2020

2. Upgrade or change Windows 10 Home chinese edition to a normal Windows 10 Home

Since I bought my Surface Pro 4 in China it comes with the Windows 10 Home Chinese Edition. Now I know that I cannot change the language for this. So now I have two option

• Change the Windows 10 Home Chinese Edition to Windows 10 Home. Is this possible? Where do I get my current installed key so that I can make that change.
    • Buy a new Windows 10 license and upgrade/change windows completely.
    Any help in either of the 2 will be much appreciated.

Thanks

Vaibhaw BobPoddar, Mar 26, 2020
  3. Remon Ont Win User
    Windows 10 pro edition

Hello Raed,

For us to better assist you with your concern about upgrading to Windows 10 pro edition and how to roll back to Windows 7, we would like to know some additional information first:

• Did you get any error messages or error codes?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

To help you on upgrading your Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro, we suggest that you check this

article
    for information and troubleshooting steps.

You can follow the steps provided below to be able to downgrade to Windows 7:

• Open Settings.
    • Select Update & security.
    • Click Recovery tab.
    • Look for the option to "Go back to Windows 7/8", and click on "Get Started" to begin the process.

Hope it helps. Let us know if you need further assistance.

Remon Ont, Mar 26, 2020
  4. Will upgrading windows 10 home Chinese edition to pro via the appstore allow me to change...

Change Windows 10 Chinese Edition to English

Hello,

Is there a way to change the language in a Windows 10 (KB4041676) single language edition(Chinese) to another language?

If this can't be done free. is there a way to upgrade to another version of windows?

If I upgrade to windows Pro can I have more languages?

Thanks

[Moved From: Windows/Windows 10/Install, upgrade, & activate ]

SergioMasse, Mar 26, 2020
Thema:

Will upgrading windows 10 home Chinese edition to pro via the appstore allow me to change...

1. Will upgrading windows 10 home Chinese edition to pro via the appstore allow me to change... - Similar Threads - upgrading home Chinese

2. Upgrading Windows 10 Home Edition to Windows 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Upgrading Windows 10 Home Edition to Windows 10 Pro: I have purchased yesterday a new laptop with windows 10 home edition and paid for an upgrade to Windows 10 Pro from Microsoft Store. However, when i try to activate it wont, asking for a digital license or key. The only thing i manage to retrieve from the order history was...
  3. Upgrade windows 10 home edition to windows pro

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrade windows 10 home edition to windows pro: Hi, My employer have assigned me a product key of windows 10 Pro edition to upgrade my laptop from windows 10 home edition to windows 10 pro. However I am getting below error while trying to do so. Error Message: The Product key you entered didn't work. Check the product...
  4. Upgrading to Windows 10 Pro Edition from Windows 10 Home Edition

Upgrading to Windows 10 Pro Edition from Windows 10 Home Edition: I currently have a license and USB Flash drive containing Windows 10 Home Edition. I'm considering doing the upgrade to Professional Edition for $99. If I perform that upgrade will I then have a new Professional product key that will allow me to perform a clean reinstall...
  5. Windows 10 fails to upgrade from Home to Pro edition via store upgrade

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 fails to upgrade from Home to Pro edition via store upgrade: Issue faced : I have an Asus G14 that came with Windows 10 Home. I purchased Windows 10 Pro upgrade via MS Store. When I try upgrading/installing Windows 10 Pro via the store, the upgrade fails with an error code 0x80070005. Post which my laptop loses its original...
  6. upgrade windows 10 home chinese to windows 10 pro english

upgrade windows 10 home chinese to windows 10 pro english: hi, I have the lenovo laptop with installed Windows 10 home Chinese. I bought windows 10 pro on 25/03/2020 and then tried to install it on the laptop, but many attempts were unsuccessful- pop up showed that the key wasn't valid. could you please assist with the installation...
  7. Windows 10 Chinese Home edition

Windows 10 Chinese Home edition: We have installed Windows 10 Chinese Home edition on one of our computers to test our app. I have an MSDN subscription which offers product keys for hundreds of versions of windows, but not that one. How can we activate that windows installation ?...
  8. windows 10 home edition upgrade to windows 10 pro

windows 10 home edition upgrade to windows 10 pro: is this free from Microsoft to upgrade to windows 10 pro? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-home-edition-upgrade-to-windows-10-pro/c9893eb5-b3aa-4a0b-af96-0ee27f5f795f
  9. upgrade chinese windows 10 home to windows 10 Pro English

upgrade chinese windows 10 home to windows 10 Pro English: I recently purchased a laptop from china which has windows 10 home installed on it and I cannot read it. I tried changing the language to English using many different methods and all were unsuccessful. From my understanding the version of windows that I have only allows one...
  10. Change edition, Windows 10 Home to Pro

Change edition, Windows 10 Home to Pro: Hi, i have upgraded my laptop from Windows 7 Home to Windows 10 Home. I 'm trying to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro edition from usb installation files and not store. After running setup.exe and choosing Upgrade i reach in a screen as this but it says home instead of pro and i...