Windows 10: Will using a blank hard drive and booting from USB work properly

Discus and support Will using a blank hard drive and booting from USB work properly in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; If I just formatted the drive to GUID, it has no partitions just unallocated space. Would hitting f12 when the windows logo pops up and booting from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/izzo444, May 26, 2020.

1. Will using a blank hard drive and booting from USB work properly

If I just formatted the drive to GUID, it has no partitions just unallocated space. Would hitting f12 when the windows logo pops up and booting from USB write windows 10 onto the hard drive

submitted by /u/izzo444
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/izzo444, May 26, 2020
  2. Lazzer408 Win User

Booting from USB on x38 Motherboard, NOT?

Typically the USB should be listed under the hard drive boot order. Set your "Boot Device Priority" to HDD first, then set the hard drive boot order to the USB stick first.

Will using a blank hard drive and booting from USB work properly bios_asus-jpg.jpg

Lazzer408, May 26, 2020
  3. Lazzer408 Win User
    USB boot for bios update

Did the first step. It already doesn't work. Note the capacities and drive letters M:/N: The HP utility is about to format my raid-1 volume containing my 2 750gb drives. It thinks it's the usb stick. I can not select any other drives in the HP utility. My 512mb usb stick is U:.

Any other suggestions?

Will using a blank hard drive and booting from USB work properly nonono-jpg.jpg

Lazzer408, May 26, 2020
  4. John Vil Win User

Will using a blank hard drive and booting from USB work properly

USB Hard Drives break boot

Hello Eric,

One possible reason why this issue occurs is when your BIOS boot sequence is set to boot from USB instead of hard drive. We suggest that you get in touch with your computer manufacturer for assistance on how to reconfigure your BIOS settings.

Thank you.

John Vil, May 26, 2020
Thema:

Will using a blank hard drive and booting from USB work properly

1. Will using a blank hard drive and booting from USB work properly - Similar Threads - using blank hard

2. 0xc0000001 error and usb boot not working properly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    0xc0000001 error and usb boot not working properly: My laptop ran out of battery and shut down while it was in sleep mode. When I turned it back on, the error 0xc0000001 appeared, with the following options :Retry Access Recovery environment Access Startup settingsAccess UEFI microprogramRetrying or going to the Startup...
  3. 0xc0000001 error and usb boot not working properly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    0xc0000001 error and usb boot not working properly: My laptop ran out of battery and shut down while it was in sleep mode. When I turned it back on, the error 0xc0000001 appeared, with the following options :Retry Access Recovery environment Access Startup settingsAccess UEFI microprogramRetrying or going to the Startup...
  4. windows 10 - hard drives not working properly

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    windows 10 - hard drives not working properly: Hello, I recently upgraded my computer from windows 7 to windows 10. I installed all updates, updated all drivers with DriveEasy, but the system doesn't work as it should: 1. hard disks are connected on second or third attempt repeated rebooting is required 2. if copying a...
  5. Cannot boot from USB drives anymore since "fixing" hard drives.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cannot boot from USB drives anymore since "fixing" hard drives.: It had been over a year since I made a clone of my Windows 10 SSD drive, so I decided to update the backup. The backup is another SSD that's sitting on the shelf. I can unplug my current one, plug in the backup, and boot up with everything matching (installed programs,...
  6. New hard drive, cannot boot from USB

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    New hard drive, cannot boot from USB: Recently I made a thread about not being able to boot my computer. I decided to buy a new hard drive in case that one was failing, but still have made no progress. The problem is that whenever I try to boot from the USB, the Windows logo flashes for a second then I'm stuck on...
  7. New hard drive, cannot boot from USB

in Windows 10 Support
    New hard drive, cannot boot from USB: Recently I made a thread about not being able to boot my computer. I decided to buy a new hard drive in case that one was failing, but still have made no progress. The problem is that whenever I try to boot from the USB, the Windows logo flashes for a second then I'm stuck on...
  8. Boot Windows 10 from USB Hard Drive that used to be the internal OS

in Windows 10 Support
    Boot Windows 10 from USB Hard Drive that used to be the internal OS: I upgraded my HDD to an SSD and starting fresh on the SSD and reinstalling everything. How can I boot into Windows 10 on the old HDD that is now in an external USB enclosure? I am trying to review some of the settings on the old setup so I can match on the new install. Thank...
  9. Boot from usb hard drive?

in Windows 10 Support
    Boot from usb hard drive?: I have an external hard drive that I use for backups. Is it possible to install Windows to the drive and then use it as an alternative boot drive? 133574
  10. Booting from USB Drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Booting from USB Drive: When i boot up my computer i go to the boot menu and i try booting from my usb drive it doesn't work. My computer just ignores it and normally launches as if nothing happened. Could anyone help? Thank you...