Windows 10: Will using Media Creation Tool to upgrade to 1903 delete my programs like AV?

Discus and support Will using Media Creation Tool to upgrade to 1903 delete my programs like AV? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have been trying for weeks to upgrade to 1903 and always fails at 60%. Seen many posts about similar problems. Trying now the Media Creation Tool,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by CubanKenja, Oct 10, 2019.

1. Will using Media Creation Tool to upgrade to 1903 delete my programs like AV?

I have been trying for weeks to upgrade to 1903 and always fails at 60%. Seen many posts about similar problems. Trying now the Media Creation Tool, but will that delete all my installed programs like AV and quite a number more programs I may not be able to get again.

Not sure if I can risk that.

:)

CubanKenja, Oct 10, 2019

2. Media creation tool

Hi,

We would like to know more about this concern. Kindly answer the following:

• Any changes made on the computer prior to this concern?
    • Is this the first time that you encountered this problem?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • May we know the reason why you want to download Media Creation Tool?

Desiree Yau, Oct 10, 2019
  3. Problems upgrading to Windows 10 with the Media Creation Tool.

Hi Abel,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am sorry to know that you are facing issues with Windows 10.

I do appreciate your efforts and time, and will assist you with the issue.

To guide you in the right direction, I need more information from the computer by answering the following questions:

• What is the make and model of your computer?

• Which operating system are you currently running on your computer?

• Is you’re your anti-virus utility software disabled?

Your reply is very important for us to ensure a proper resolution.

Meanwhile I suggest you to try the steps provided below and
    check if it helps.

Method 1

Perform a clean boot.

A clean boot is performed to start Windows by using a minimal set of drivers and startup programs. This helps eliminate software conflicts that occur when you install a program or an update or when you run a program in Windows
    10, Windows 8.1, Windows 8, Windows 7, or Windows Vista. You may also troubleshoot or determine what conflict is causing the problem by performing a clean boot.

Clean Boot:

Notes

• You must log on to the computer as an administrator to be able to perform a clean boot.

• Your computer may temporarily lose some functionality when you perform a clean boot. When you start the computer normally, the functionality returns. However, you may receive the original error message, or
      experience the original behavior if the problem still exists.

• If the computer is connected to a network, network policy settings may prevent you from following these steps. We strongly recommend that you do not use the System Configuration utility to change the advanced
      boot options on the computer unless a Microsoft support engineer directs you to do this. Doing this may make the computer unusable.
    I suggest you to try the steps provided in the link below, in order to perform a clean boot on your computer.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929135

I also suggest you to refer to the link below for more information about downloading Media Creation Tool.

Windows 10 herunterladen

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Syed Abdul Jabbar, Oct 10, 2019
  4. Will using Media Creation Tool to upgrade to 1903 delete my programs like AV?

Windows 10 Media Creation Tool

I got bored waiting for my 10 Pro upgrade message so I am using the Windows 10 Media Creation Tool to play around with installing Windows 10 Pro.

I chose the Upgrade Now option instead of creating media.

(step 3) https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/2...tallation.html

There were lots of different windows up till now.
    So I started screenshots now.
    Screenshot-

Will using Media Creation Tool to upgrade to 1903 delete my programs like AV? [​IMG]

It offers this now-

Will using Media Creation Tool to upgrade to 1903 delete my programs like AV? [​IMG]

This seems to imply that installed programs will be lost-

Clicked Next--Got this-

Got this-Clicked Confirm-

Got this-

If I lose installed programs I will use my Macrium image to revert to 8.1 Pro.
    Be back after installing 10 or reverting.

David Bailey, Oct 10, 2019
Thema:

Will using Media Creation Tool to upgrade to 1903 delete my programs like AV?

1. Will using Media Creation Tool to upgrade to 1903 delete my programs like AV? - Similar Threads - using Media Creation

2. In Place Upgrade / Media Creation Tool

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    In Place Upgrade / Media Creation Tool: Hi AllI was able to successfully use In Place Upgrade Media Creation Tool choosing the option of keeping personal files and applications to upgrade to the latest version 21h1 of Windows 10 this May. However I was still having security update issue even after a freshly...
  3. problem using media creation tool

problem using media creation tool: I have tried unsuccessfully to create a windows 10 USB boot drive. I keep getting the following error: 0x0200013-0x90019. Please advise. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/problem-using-media-creation-tool/0f5bb36a-03bc-4d03-8d95-dcc215cc73a0
  4. Windows Media Creation Tool 1903 License

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows Media Creation Tool 1903 License: On this current computer, I have installed Windows 10 via the Windows Media Creation Tool with a successful installation. I am using my Microsoft account, however the installation did not activate Windows Error code 0x803F7001, although previous installations of this tool did...
  5. Upgrading Windows 7 using media creation tool

Upgrading Windows 7 using media creation tool: Hi I am using the media creation tool to upgrade Windows 7 to 10. I have the licence for both. Getting "there was a problem running preinstall.cmd scripts" error Any help greatly appreciated...
  6. Media Creation Tool for Upgrades

Media Creation Tool for Upgrades: Quick question about the use of the Media creation tool. I am currently using MCT1903 on a USB to upgrade my PC to windows 10. I didn't turn the USB into a bootable device; I just put the tool on it. I am wondering if on the "Downloading Windows 10" screen of the...
  7. Can I use Media Creation Tool for 1903 update?

Can I use Media Creation Tool for 1903 update?: When my dad tries to update to 1903, he has the "stuck at 27%" problem. He has tried several times & always gets stuck there. • Can I use Media Creation Tool to update his PC to 1903? If so I need a little guidance-- ex, would I use this option: "Using the tool to create...
  8. Windows 10 - Media Creation Tool (1903)

Windows 10 - Media Creation Tool (1903): My laptop is a (Toshiba Qosmio X500-14D) which has 3 hard disc's in NTFS do I need to format my flash stick to NTFS or leave it in FAT32 or exFAT before I add the Windows 10 Media Creations Tool 1903 to repair my laptop due to the fact that it is in a continuous loop of...
  9. windows 10 1903 Media Creation Tool

windows 10 1903 Media Creation Tool: According to the latest buzz this was supposed to become available on May the Tenth. That is today. Where is it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-1903-media-creation-tool/b950fd54-3e18-411b-95fd-66f9070eb472
  10. How to "upgrade" when using the media creation tool on USB?

How to "upgrade" when using the media creation tool on USB?: Hi, So I ran the media creation tool and instead of choosing to upgrade this PC, I chose to write it to a USB stick so that I could do the upgrade at my leisure. So, I spent the time to download the 3 or 4 GB (we have super slow internet here) and put let it write to the...