Windows 10: Will Wi-Fi on Computers ever be Equal to a Wired Connection for Internet Strength and Speed?

Discus and support Will Wi-Fi on Computers ever be Equal to a Wired Connection for Internet Strength and Speed? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I really wish that Wi-Fi can be Equally as strong as a Wired Connection we are almost 2020 something like this has to be created.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by IntenseJames, Aug 16, 2019 at 12:07 AM.

1. Will Wi-Fi on Computers ever be Equal to a Wired Connection for Internet Strength and Speed?

I really wish that Wi-Fi can be Equally as strong as a Wired Connection we are almost 2020 something like this has to be created.

:)

2. johnny234 Win User

Windows 10 stop automatically connecting to random new wi-fi networks

Hi,

I have searched a lot, but all the tutorials I found only explained how to not connect automatically to a known wi-fi network or how to disable wi-fi sense... but this is not what I am looking for...

PROBLEM:

• When my laptop (Windows 10 Pro X64) is not connected to a network and the wireless adapter is on, it will automatically connect to any random new unsecured wi-fi network... The only way I have now to avoid this is to disable my wi-fi adapter.

UNUSEFUL TUTORIALS I FOUND ON THE INTERNET:

• How to manually uncheck the option for a particular wi-fi network not to connect automatically in Network Properties. This is not what I am looking for. This would suggest that everytime I power my computer. I would have to manually go through all the available wi-fi networks and unclick them all...
    • How to disable Wi-Fi Sense. This is not useful, because I don't even have a Wi-Fi sense option in my computer where the tutorials say it should be.

EXPECTED BEHAVIOR:

• I am looking for an option to tell my computer to stop connecting randomly to unknown wi-fi networks like an hyperactive, reckless idiot.

PERSONAL COMMENT:

• Honestly, why would any respectable company think that it could be somewhat wise or secure to do this... Anyone's computer could just randomly connect to any hacker's wi-fi network without the user even knowing it...

Any solutions would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

3. Remon Ont Win User
    Slow Internet speed on only one computer.

Hi Cody,

Slow internet speed on one of your computer could be due to the following:

• Outdated network adapter driver
    • Different Wi-Fi chipset
    • Computer processing speed

Make sure that the network driver of your computer(s) are always updated.

We also suggest you to contact your internet service provider for them to check your internet connection speed and give you more information.

Feel free to post back if you have other concerns.

4. pappawado Win User

Will Wi-Fi on Computers ever be Equal to a Wired Connection for Internet Strength and Speed?

Wi-Fi connection

Trying to connect my Wi-Fi but under settings for network Wi-Fi the Wi-Fi and airplane more setting do not appear. It starts with data storage. Please help because I cannot connect my other computer to the internet or Wi-Fi after upgrading to windows 10.

Thema:

Will Wi-Fi on Computers ever be Equal to a Wired Connection for Internet Strength and Speed?

1. Will Wi-Fi on Computers ever be Equal to a Wired Connection for Internet Strength and Speed? - Similar Threads - Computers ever Equal

2. Wi-Fi Speed

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wi-Fi Speed: I'm new to win 10, how can I get the interface WiFi to tell me the speed of it? Thanks, Alex https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wi-fi-speed/4cf93055-5685-4352-8878-58fae7af66b6
  3. Computer loses wired Internet connection

Computer loses wired Internet connection: I've been having an annoying issue for quite a bit of time with my Windows 10 computer losing its wired Internet connection. It happens at "random" times, usually several weeks apart, though at some point it happened several times a day for a few days. The devices that are...
  4. wi-fi connection

wi-fi connection: My wife's computer is running Windows 10 same as this one but it doesn't have the capability to connect with wi fi. is there an app that I can purchase and download to a thumb drive so that I can transfer to the other computer....
  5. Slow Wi Fi speed

Slow Wi Fi speed: I have Windows 10 on my DELL Inspiron 2020 PC. When connected to the router using the LAN cable I get very good download speed. However when I connect using Wi Fi the speed is very slow. My drivers are updated. What should I do ?...
  6. Wi-fi connected but internet is off

Wi-fi connected but internet is off: hello guys i spent full day to troubleshoot this issue without success *Sad i need help *092 my spec: win 10 x64 OS Build 17134.254 usb 3.0 wifi adapter based on realtek 8812BU chipset connected to desktop pc with wire extension mobo p8z77-vlx the problem: the device...
  7. Wi Fi connections

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Wi Fi connections: My laptop connection to the WIFI hub disconnects when I connect an HP 1200 printer and vice versa. I can only use one or the other at one time. It was working fine until today and not sure what might have changed....
  8. Wi-Fi Connectivity

Wi-Fi Connectivity: After Windows 10 upgrade on my HP P7-1420t I lost my ability to connect to Wi-Fi. Network Adapters listed in Device Manager: Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller, Wan Miniports - IKEv2, IP, IPv6, L2TP, PPPOE, PPTP, SSTP and Network Monitor. Any help in regaining my Wi-Fi...
  9. Low Wi-Fi signal strength on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Low Wi-Fi signal strength on Windows 10: [ATTACH] Do you face low Wi-Fi signal strength on your Windows computer after an update or re-installation? This post talks about a few methods to fix this issue and overcome low signal strength on your computer. With our cognitive revolution, the [...] This post Low Wi-Fi...
  10. Wired connection is fine, but Wi-Fi is incredibly slow

Wired connection is fine, but Wi-Fi is incredibly slow: Hello, I've had a problem for a few weeks now. The internet connection on the computer the router's wired to is working as intended, however the wireless connection is just a lot worse. On other devices, instead of 50-60 Mbps, the speed is about 1-3 Mbps (according to an...