Windows 10: Will Wi-Fi on Computers ever be Equal to a Wired Connection for Internet Strength and Speed?

Discus and support Will Wi-Fi on Computers ever be Equal to a Wired Connection for Internet Strength and Speed? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I really wish that Wi-Fi can be Equally as strong as a Wired Connection we are almost 2020 something like this has to be created.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by IntenseJames, Aug 16, 2019.

1. Will Wi-Fi on Computers ever be Equal to a Wired Connection for Internet Strength and Speed?

I really wish that Wi-Fi can be Equally as strong as a Wired Connection we are almost 2020 something like this has to be created.

:)

IntenseJames, Aug 16, 2019
  2. johnny234 Win User

Windows 10 stop automatically connecting to random new wi-fi networks

Hi,

I have searched a lot, but all the tutorials I found only explained how to not connect automatically to a known wi-fi network or how to disable wi-fi sense... but this is not what I am looking for...

PROBLEM:

• When my laptop (Windows 10 Pro X64) is not connected to a network and the wireless adapter is on, it will automatically connect to any random new unsecured wi-fi network... The only way I have now to avoid this is to disable my wi-fi adapter.

UNUSEFUL TUTORIALS I FOUND ON THE INTERNET:

• How to manually uncheck the option for a particular wi-fi network not to connect automatically in Network Properties. This is not what I am looking for. This would suggest that everytime I power my computer. I would have to manually go through all the available wi-fi networks and unclick them all...
    • How to disable Wi-Fi Sense. This is not useful, because I don't even have a Wi-Fi sense option in my computer where the tutorials say it should be.

EXPECTED BEHAVIOR:

• I am looking for an option to tell my computer to stop connecting randomly to unknown wi-fi networks like an hyperactive, reckless idiot.

PERSONAL COMMENT:

• Honestly, why would any respectable company think that it could be somewhat wise or secure to do this... Anyone's computer could just randomly connect to any hacker's wi-fi network without the user even knowing it...

Any solutions would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

johnny234, Aug 16, 2019
  3. Remon Ont Win User
    Slow Internet speed on only one computer.

Hi Cody,

Slow internet speed on one of your computer could be due to the following:

• Outdated network adapter driver
    • Different Wi-Fi chipset
    • Computer processing speed

Make sure that the network driver of your computer(s) are always updated.

We also suggest you to contact your internet service provider for them to check your internet connection speed and give you more information.

Feel free to post back if you have other concerns.

Remon Ont, Aug 16, 2019
  4. pappawado Win User

Will Wi-Fi on Computers ever be Equal to a Wired Connection for Internet Strength and Speed?

Wi-Fi connection

Trying to connect my Wi-Fi but under settings for network Wi-Fi the Wi-Fi and airplane more setting do not appear. It starts with data storage. Please help because I cannot connect my other computer to the internet or Wi-Fi after upgrading to windows 10.

pappawado, Aug 16, 2019
Thema:

Will Wi-Fi on Computers ever be Equal to a Wired Connection for Internet Strength and Speed?

1. Will Wi-Fi on Computers ever be Equal to a Wired Connection for Internet Strength and Speed? - Similar Threads - Computers ever Equal

2. Wi-fi is connected but there is no internet.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wi-fi is connected but there is no internet.: My PC is connected to my wi-fi and it shows that I have internet but whenever i go to a browser or another app it shows that no internet connection. But I can use my wi-fi on other devices....
  3. Wi-fi is connected but there is no internet.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wi-fi is connected but there is no internet.: My PC is connected to my wi-fi and it shows that I have internet but whenever i go to a browser or another app it shows that no internet connection. But I can use my wi-fi on other devices....
  4. Computer will not connect to Wi-Fi

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer will not connect to Wi-Fi: My husband and I both have windows computer with all the sudden will not connect to the Internet it will connect to a hotspot. All our other devices have no problem connecting to our router....
  5. Wi-fi connected, but no internet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wi-fi connected, but no internet: I'm having issues with my wifi connection on my laptop running Windows 10. When I try to connect, I'm getting a message that it's connected, but no internet. I was connected just fine an hour ago.I cannot try anything with the physical router, because my connection is...
  6. Wi-fi connected, but no internet

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wi-fi connected, but no internet: I'm having issues with my wifi connection on my laptop running Windows 10. When I try to connect, I'm getting a message that it's connected, but no internet. I was connected just fine an hour ago.I cannot try anything with the physical router, because my connection is...
  7. Wi-fi connected, but no internet

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  8. Wireless wi fi signal strength low

Wireless wi fi signal strength low: Recently my wireless wi fi signal has got low in basement for some reason. Have the lowest end router and after contacting cox cable they said i had to many devices on wireless 2-3 they say good, i had 5, but removed 2 of them. Problem started after a rou tv was added, but it...
  9. Slow Wi-Fi internet Speed on PC

Slow Wi-Fi internet Speed on PC: Hi, I'm having persistent problems with slow Internet speeds via Wi-Fi on my PC as compared to my mobile phone and laptop . When I run speed test on the three devices that are in the same position in the house I get the following :- device download speed upload...
  10. Wi-Fi Speed

Wi-Fi Speed: I'm new to win 10, how can I get the interface WiFi to tell me the speed of it? Thanks, Alex https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wi-fi-speed/4cf93055-5685-4352-8878-58fae7af66b6