Windows 10: Will Win10 upgrade automatically if u have the icon on the taskbar?

Discus and support Will Win10 upgrade automatically if u have the icon on the taskbar? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I'm not sure I want to upgrade to win10 just yet but will it upgrade anyway if u have the win 10 icon showing? Or will the update ask me to install... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by treads, Aug 2, 2015.

1. treads Win User

Will Win10 upgrade automatically if u have the icon on the taskbar?

I'm not sure I want to upgrade to win10 just yet but will it upgrade anyway if u have the win 10 icon showing?
    Or will the update ask me to install windows 10 before doing anything drastic?
    Thanks.

:)

treads, Aug 2, 2015

2. If I upgrade to Windows Phone 8 will I have the ablity to watch videos downloaded with zune on windows 7?

That is the case for DRM'd media. If you bought the music, it is in an unprotected MP3 format and you can listen to it on about anything. This is not the case for even purchased videos. (There are options for that though)

Sven Johannsen, Aug 2, 2015
  3. If I upgrade to Windows Phone 8 will I have the ablity to watch videos downloaded with zune on windows 7?

Hi tinmisuun!

Thank you for writing on the Microsoft Support Forum.

Unfortunately there is a problem listening the music and video downloaded using the Zune Music Pass. You will need to download again the video and the music on your windows phone 8.

Bye Salvatore.

Salvatore S., Aug 2, 2015
  4. Will Win10 upgrade automatically if u have the icon on the taskbar?

Your computer will ask you for permission before the upgrade.

teachermark, Aug 2, 2015
  5. jimbo45 Win User
    Hi there
    It usually says you'll get an email from Ms when the Upgrade is ready.

If you want to "Jump the Gun" go direct for the Media builder and then create iso / usb OR upgrade straight away.

I got the Windows symbol but as I was re-installing W8.1 and W7 both from scratch - after updates etc I got a direct prompt asking if I wanted to upgrade then and there.

Timing could be dependent on your location and how busy Ms's servers are. I'd go for creating the ISO via the media creation tool - and then install when YOU want to. Note your system MUST BE ACTIVATED before upgrading -- and Legally activated (not activated by those "alternative methods").

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Aug 2, 2015
  6. treads Win User
    thanks

treads, Aug 2, 2015
  7. treads Win User
    the reason I was concerned is because recently I had a very long wait for my PC to shut down while it was performing updates and then when I rebooted I noticed this folder on my OS drive $Windows.~BT which is apparently something to do with the win10 update so I thought it might just go and ahead and install win10 because I had the Get Win10 icon showing.

treads, Aug 2, 2015
  8. Will Win10 upgrade automatically if u have the icon on the taskbar?

It's possible that your computer has already downloaded all the files needed for the upgrade.
    But it won't install it before you give the go ahead.

teachermark, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Will Win10 upgrade automatically if u have the icon on the taskbar?

1. Will Win10 upgrade automatically if u have the icon on the taskbar? - Similar Threads - Win10 upgrade automatically

2. Having big icons on taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Having big icons on taskbar: Having issue since one month of big start , searh , taskveiw, widgets , teams other apps icones dosent have big pls guide me to fix this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/having-big-icons-on-taskbar/baf1ac9c-47bd-44ba-b8f5-7c338f34d13c
  3. Having big icons on taskbar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Having big icons on taskbar: Having issue since one month of big start , searh , taskveiw, widgets , teams other apps icones dosent have big pls guide me to fix this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/having-big-icons-on-taskbar/baf1ac9c-47bd-44ba-b8f5-7c338f34d13c
  4. Is it possible to change the win10 taskbar icon?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Is it possible to change the win10 taskbar icon?: What it says on the tin, just wondering if it's possible and how. Windows 10 v20H2 172792
  5. The taskbar icons have vanished!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    The taskbar icons have vanished!: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/spiritbear1 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/eiminr/the_taskbar_icons_have_vanished/
  6. Win10 Taskbar Expanding Icon Folder

Win10 Taskbar Expanding Icon Folder: Hey all - curious if anyone knows of a program that would allow you to create an expandable folder/list from an icon pinned to the taskbar that you could drop program shortcuts to. similar in functionality to mobile OS folders, hopefully with left-click functions. 140539
  7. icons on taskbar have vanished

icons on taskbar have vanished: Bought this HP laptop about 2 years ago and all was fine until recently, For no reason, suddenly icons for apps like Firefox, Edge, Skype, Mail, Instagram all disappeared. Word, Excell and Outlook icons remained but the rest became invisible or replaced by the app name in...
  8. Taskbar icons have changed

Taskbar icons have changed: Hi, The icons for windows store and Edge have mysteriously changed on the taskbar. The icons remain perfectly okay on the desktop and programme list but appear as tiny 'squashed' ones on the taskbar. I have tried unpinning and re dragging the perfect desktop ones onto the...
  9. Force 48x48 Icons (no scaling) Win10 Taskbar?

Force 48x48 Icons (no scaling) Win10 Taskbar?: I don't think this is possible but I really wish it was. I am using custom 48x48 icons and of course they're being forced down to 32x32 and look bad. One thing I hate in recent builds..and I haven't been able to find a solution, other than to use a dock rather than the...
  10. win10: battery icon disappeared from taskbar

in Windows 10 Support
    win10: battery icon disappeared from taskbar: hi all, ...and not only! if I go to the taskbar settings, I see the battery related "switch" as grey and disabled! see my picture attached how can I do? thanks, bye michele 88288