Windows 10: Will Windows 10 apps run on 8.1?

Discus and support Will Windows 10 apps run on 8.1? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I'm trying to get an answer! Will Windows 10 apps run on 8.1? 5800 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Tylerhav, May 1, 2015.

1. Tylerhav Win User

Will Windows 10 apps run on 8.1?

I'm trying to get an answer! Will Windows 10 apps run on 8.1?

:)

Tylerhav, May 1, 2015
  2. Windows? Win User

Nokia Lumia 928 wont sync music

I have a nokia lumia 928 and when I try to sync it with my windows phone desktop app it says that something has gone wrong and the app needs to close. This is very annoying. Luckily I have another non microsoft program that I can use to sync phone. I use
    my phone as my primary music player so this issue is pretty annoying. Any ideas as to what the problem might be?

Windows?, May 1, 2015
  3. :)windows Win User
    QUESTION RELATED TO APPLICATIONS OFF WINDOW PHONE

WHY WINDOWS PHONE DID NOT HAVE ANY APP LOCKER ????????? I NEED A APP TO LOCK MY PERSONAL FILES LIKE WHATSSAP , FACEBOOK , WE CHAT ETC .?????????????????????/

:)windows, May 1, 2015
  4. Wynona Win User

I don't think so. I believe they're all in the Store (Beta) and that store isn't accessible in Windows 8. I do know that Office for Windows 10 isn't available, nor will it install in Windows 8.

Wynona, May 1, 2015
  5. Edwin New Member
    No. They are OS and Build specific and are installed and run in app containers from the 'Cloud'.

Edwin, May 1, 2015
  6. Tylerhav Win User
    Then what's the point of the universal Windows store?

Tylerhav, May 1, 2015
  7. Edwin New Member
    Device or platform universal.

Edwin, May 1, 2015
  8. Tylerhav Win User

What's the point of universal Windows store?

Tylerhav, May 1, 2015
  9. Berton Win User
    Office 2013 on my Win8.1 is my last, several 'freebies' work fine on Win10, at least for my purposes. However, I will stay with WordPerfect, much easier to do some things than Word.

Berton, May 1, 2015
  10. strollin Win User
    I don't understand the question. What is a Win 10 app? If you install an app from the Store in Win 10, you can't copy it to a Win 8 machine but you could install that app from the Store on that machine.

strollin, May 1, 2015
  11. Wynona Win User
    Strollin, there is a Store (Beta) and the regular Store in Windows 10. Anything in the regular Store will be available to Windows 8.1. The Store (Beta) itself is not available to Windows 8.1; thus nothing there can be had for Windows 8.1. Probably some of the apps will run in Windows 8.1, but you'll have to get them from the regular Store.

The two things I'm reasonably sure that won't run in Windows 8.1 are: Microsoft Office for Windows 10 and Microsoft Solitaire Collection Preview. Both are in the Store (Beta) but not in the regular Store; thus, cannot be seen in Windows 8.1.

Wynona, May 1, 2015
  12. Wynona Win User
    If you're using Windows 8/8.1, anything in the Store is available to you to install and use.

If you're using Windows 10, there are two versions of the Store: the regular Store (which I believe is the same as the Store in Windows 8/8.1) and the beta store [Store (Beta)].

The Store (Beta) cannot be seen nor used in Windows 8/8.1. It's a Beta and will eventually replace the old Store.

It's my guess that Windows 8/8.1 will continue to see only those apps in the Store that are compatible with that OS while Windows 10 will see all the apps that it can run.

As far as I know, you cannot download anything from the Store; you have to install it if you want it. Which isn't normally something I want to do.

Wynona, May 1, 2015
  13. Williams Win User

so win 10 will support apps from the store and store (beta) but win 8.1 only form the first. Am I right?

Williams, May 1, 2015
  14. strollin Win User
    What makes you think that the apps in the Beta Store aren't the exact same apps as in the regular Store? The only difference is the Store app itself as far as I can tell.

strollin, May 2, 2015
  15. Kari Win User
    The Universal Apps / App Store does not mean a Windows app works in every Windows. A desktop app running well in Windows 8 and 10 might have issues in XP and Vista, no "Universal" label will solve that.

The Universal apps are apps that run on a desktop, laptop, tablet and mobile phone in Windows 10 OS. Not all Windows 10 apps will be universal, the coders need to design the app to be universal, to work on each of Windows 10 platforms. Even those apps that are universal do not automatically look and behave the same way, due different display size and so on. The Universal label means that the app is available for all Windows platforms, with platform specific differences in its looks, behavior and way to use it.

Thema:

1. Will Windows 10 apps run on 8.1? - Similar Threads - apps run

2. Unkillable app in NtGdi DestroyAllocation2 after d3d11.dll Flush when running for multiple days

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unkillable app in NtGdi DestroyAllocation2 after d3d11.dll Flush when running for multiple days: Hello, we have an issue with a d3d11 software we develop in C++ for years. After running for multiple days, usually over 40 hours, we get a hang in win32u.dll!NtGdiDdDDIDestroyAllocation2. The process becomes stuck and impossible to kill via any means. We tried pskill,...
  3. Unkillable app in NtGdi DestroyAllocation2 after d3d11.dll Flush when running for multiple days

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unkillable app in NtGdi DestroyAllocation2 after d3d11.dll Flush when running for multiple days: Hello, we have an issue with a d3d11 software we develop in C++ for years. After running for multiple days, usually over 40 hours, we get a hang in win32u.dll!NtGdiDdDDIDestroyAllocation2. The process becomes stuck and impossible to kill via any means. We tried pskill,...
  4. " this app cant run on your pc, to find a version for your pc, check with the software...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    " this app cant run on your pc, to find a version for your pc, check with the software...: can someone please help me fix this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/this-app-cant-run-on-your-pc-to-find-a-version-for/66260c2f-7bb2-4b43-a809-c6772aed3229
  5. " this app cant run on your pc, to find a version for your pc, check with the software...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    " this app cant run on your pc, to find a version for your pc, check with the software...: can someone please help me fix this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/this-app-cant-run-on-your-pc-to-find-a-version-for/66260c2f-7bb2-4b43-a809-c6772aed3229
  6. " this app cant run on your pc, to find a version for your pc, check with the software...

7. how to make windows run every apps in 60hz without fullscreen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to make windows run every apps in 60hz without fullscreen: how do I make Windows run all apps in 60hz? every app that is not on true full screen feels like it is running on a lower hertz for example, whenever I play Minecraft I have to fullscreen the game to make it run at a smooth 60hz but while in windowed mode it feels like it...
  8. how to make windows run every apps in 60hz without fullscreen

how to make windows run every apps in 60hz without fullscreen: how do I make Windows run all apps in 60hz? every app that is not on true full screen feels like it is running on a lower hertz for example, whenever I play Minecraft I have to fullscreen the game to make it run at a smooth 60hz but while in windowed mode it feels like it...
  9. Windows wrongly trying to run app in elevated mode.

Windows wrongly trying to run app in elevated mode.: Hi, I would greatly appreciate help in getting Dragon Professional 16 DP16 running again on my work PC. IT have put it into a too hard basket. OS is Windows 10 Enterprise version 1909. I am 'dhutch', a simple end-user at our institution. The error message is always 'Dragon...
  10. Windows wrongly trying to run app in elevated mode.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows wrongly trying to run app in elevated mode.: Hi, I would greatly appreciate help in getting Dragon Professional 16 DP16 running again on my work PC. IT have put it into a too hard basket. OS is Windows 10 Enterprise version 1909. I am 'dhutch', a simple end-user at our institution. The error message is always 'Dragon...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. run Windowsphone 10 apps on 8.1