Windows 10: Will Windows 10 keep upgrading/updating for free like MacOS?

Discus and support Will Windows 10 keep upgrading/updating for free like MacOS? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; As I understand it, and correct me if I’m wrong, but there will be no Windows 11. Instead it sounds like Microsoft will just continue to update Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/JZXtreme, Dec 6, 2020.

1. Will Windows 10 keep upgrading/updating for free like MacOS?

As I understand it, and correct me if I’m wrong, but there will be no Windows 11. Instead it sounds like Microsoft will just continue to update Windows 10 for the foreseeable future, much like Apple’s MacOS.

If this is true, does this mean that once you pay for a license of Windows 10, it will just continue to update and improve without additional costs? This would be unlike any previous version of Windows where there was upgrade pricing to go from XP-Win7-Win10-ETC.

submitted by /u/JZXtreme
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/JZXtreme, Dec 6, 2020
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Dec 6, 2020
  3. MrGenius Win User
    Microsoft to make Windows 10 updates mandatory

Well, at the moment at least, you can choose to defer upgrades. Under Settings > Windows Updates > Advanced options you need to check the box labeled "Defer upgrades". What does that do? Good question. The answer I've found might illuminate it to a degree.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/defer-upgrades-in-windows-10

I hear this only applies to Pro and Enterprise editions. But I can't verify that.

MrGenius, Dec 6, 2020
  4. Mussels Win User

Will Windows 10 keep upgrading/updating for free like MacOS?

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

i've seen this when the stock USB drivers went kaput. Only ever seen it once - i used a PCI USB 2.0 card and connected the mouse and keyboard to that, and manually updated the USB 2/USB 3 drivers.

Mussels, Dec 6, 2020
Thema:

Will Windows 10 keep upgrading/updating for free like MacOS?

1. Will Windows 10 keep upgrading/updating for free like MacOS? - Similar Threads - keep upgrading updating

2. MacOS like global menu in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    MacOS like global menu in Windows 10: Hey guys! Hope you all having a good time. I wander if there any possibility to make something like El Capitan panel in windows 10, where all the menu bars from all the windows would be integrated? I like really like this feature in Macos, and I know it could be done easily...
  3. Upgrade free to windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrade free to windows 10: Whats better from windows 7 or 8 ? I have licences for both but didnt want to purchase a furthur third. 160219
  4. Windows 10 is getting macOS-like Search tool with PowerToys

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 is getting macOS-like Search tool with PowerToys: Microsoft has been working on a macOS Spotlight-like search tool for Windows 10. The tool is designed to replace the existing Win + R experience and it includes options to quickly search apps and files across Windows. Today, Microsoft has released a new version of PowerToys...
  5. Workspaces like MacOS for Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Workspaces like MacOS for Windows 10?: Is there anything native in Windows 10, or 3rd party software, that allows you to save certain apps to a virtual desktop? I know you can make BatchFiles, but it's clunky and doesn't open the window exactly how you want it. It would be great to simply click a single button and...
  6. Windows 10 X will come with macOS-like wallpaper feature

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 X will come with macOS-like wallpaper feature: Windows 10 X, a new operating system based on Microsoft’s modular Windows Core OS project, was recently shown off along with Surface Neo. While Windows 10 X has been created and optimized for dual-screen devices, it will be coming to traditional laptops as well, as per the...
  7. Windows Update & Free Windows 10 Upgrade

Windows Update & Free Windows 10 Upgrade: A while ago (years) after I bought my Laptop there was some sort of problem and I ended up getting a FREE Windows 10 Upgrade because of it. It was something to do with the Microsoft on the laptop was faulty, I am not sure, but it was the fault of Microsoft I know that....
  8. windows 10 free upgrade

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    windows 10 free upgrade: I did the windows 10 upgrade from windows 8.1 and I cant get it activated due to product key or digital license i dont think i ever got a digital license information email or anything where can i find the license information to activate the free upgraded windows 10...
  9. Windows 10 Upgrade is not Free

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Upgrade is not Free: I have been using Windows 10 upgrade and having worked in IT support. I have been thinking about Microsoft and their motives. I decided to change my hard drive and Win 10 deactivated. I called MS and was told I had to reinstall qualifying product and do another upgrade. Soon...
  10. Is The Windows 10 Free Upgrade Still Free?

Is The Windows 10 Free Upgrade Still Free?: Hmm I firstly thought that free upgrade to windows 10 has end but now I see MS giving away windows 10 free again in this wsite?- Here 74024