Windows 10: will windows 11 ever be on older computers or those not meeting miminal requirements?

Discus and support will windows 11 ever be on older computers or those not meeting miminal requirements? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Will Microsoft ever lower the Standards or those requirements so everybody could have it?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by dhartsell1, May 26, 2023.

1. will windows 11 ever be on older computers or those not meeting miminal requirements?

Will Microsoft ever lower the Standards or those requirements so everybody could have it?

:)

dhartsell1, May 26, 2023
  2. Pep GO Win User

Windows 11 CPU not supported but meeting minimum requirements

Hi,

maybe noone can have an easy answer here, but i'd like to know why the CPU I have on a tiny and maybe a bit old computer, an Intel Celeron J1900, which is a quad core CPU running at 2.0GHz is not supported by Windows 11 installer if the minimum CPU requirements to run Windows 11 are a 1.0GHz dual core CPU. And well, looking at the list, I'm pretty sure there are more CPUs in the same state, meeting the requirements, but not on the list, so unable to install Windows 11, even if Windows 10 runs perfectly and most probably Windows 11 will too.

Regards.

Pep GO, May 26, 2023
  3. tjg79 Win User
    PC doesn't currently meet the minimum system requirements for Win 11

That's not the issue.

This issue is that I've had this HP notebook since November 2019, and the only message I've seen about Win 11 has been that the computer meets the requirements Win 11.

Then, today I get the message that this computer doesn't meet the requirements of Win 11. What's up with that?

I'm not planning to upgrade to Win 11 on this HP notebook, but I'm wondering why the message changed.

tjg79, May 26, 2023
  4. pfrr Win User

will windows 11 ever be on older computers or those not meeting miminal requirements?

My computer does not qualify for Windows 11??? It meets all requirements

Hi

I checked the compatibility list for Windows 11 and my computer meets all requirements... it says as per below that it does not work because of the processor!!! However if I go down the list of supported PCUs the processor i5-6200U is listed for Windows 10 version 21H1... What's this all about?

will windows 11 ever be on older computers or those not meeting miminal requirements? 70dfafb8-5484-4195-8811-82893bec0db0?upload=true.png

Thema:

will windows 11 ever be on older computers or those not meeting miminal requirements?

1. will windows 11 ever be on older computers or those not meeting miminal requirements? - Similar Threads - ever older computers

2. will windows 11 ever be on older computers or those not meeting miminal requirements?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    will windows 11 ever be on older computers or those not meeting miminal requirements?: Will Microsoft ever lower the Standards or those requirements so everybody could have it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/will-windows-11-ever-be-on-older-computers-or/d6d50259-8ae3-4f78-9065-bf8f9a232739
  3. Why are older processors meeting the Win 11 upgrade requirements not included in the list?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why are older processors meeting the Win 11 upgrade requirements not included in the list?: I just used the PC Health Check App to check for eligibility, and the i7-6700HQ has TPM 2.0, 4 cores and secure boot enabled. Why is this model not supported? Even though it's not among the newer models, I don't see any reason for not letting us upgrade....
  4. Why are older processors meeting the Win 11 upgrade requirements not included in the list?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why are older processors meeting the Win 11 upgrade requirements not included in the list?: I just used the PC Health Check App to check for eligibility, and the i7-6700HQ has TPM 2.0, 4 cores and secure boot enabled. Why is this model not supported? Even though it's not among the newer models, I don't see any reason for not letting us upgrade....
  5. Windows 11 not meeting requirements.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 not meeting requirements.: I ran the pc health check and received that my pc meets requirement for windows 11 although in the check & update section it is still saying my pc doesn't meet requirements?...
  6. Windows 11 not meeting requirements.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 not meeting requirements.: I ran the pc health check and received that my pc meets requirement for windows 11 although in the check & update section it is still saying my pc doesn't meet requirements?...
  7. Does not meet the requirements for Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Does not meet the requirements for Windows 11?: Is Microsoft going to upgrade their requirements?My computer runs on a Ryzen 7 1700 Eight Core Processor and it's not on the list. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/does-not-meet-the-requirements-for-windows-11/deaa493d-b864-49cf-9704-48b13c8db7cc
  8. Not Meeting CPU Requirements for Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Not Meeting CPU Requirements for Windows 11: I have three computers, two laptops and one desktop. All are between two and four years old and have Core i5's and i7's. None of them meet the CPU requirements for Windows 11. What does MS want me to do? Through away all my existing PC's?...
  9. Not meeting windows 11 requirements.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Not meeting windows 11 requirements.: My pc says it doesn't meet the requirements for Windows 11, but pc health says I meet the requirements for Windows 11. I am not sure how to fix this, any help really be really appreciated!...
  10. Computer does not meet requirment

in Windows 10 Customization
    Computer does not meet requirment: Hi, The article in Zoom does not tell me what I need to do to upgrade my Windows 10 so that I can use a green screen for virtual backgrounds. How can I use the virtual backgrounds in Zoom? According to my settings, my Windows 10 meet the requirements Shuga...