Windows 10: Will Windows 7 Pro OEM key work for Windows 10 Pro?

Discus and support Will Windows 7 Pro OEM key work for Windows 10 Pro? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi My laptop has Windows 10 Home but it came with a Windows 7 Pro OEM key by looking online every site I go to says I can do a clean install and put in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by AdamGrant1982, Oct 21, 2019.

1. Will Windows 7 Pro OEM key work for Windows 10 Pro?

Hi My laptop has Windows 10 Home but it came with a Windows 7 Pro OEM key by looking online every site I go to says I can do a clean install and put in my Windows 7 Pro key and it will activate Windows 10 Pro OEM on my laptop. I am wondering if this will work?

I have a HP Probook 6465b laptop it runs good still. Would Windows 10 Pro be much better then Windows 10 Home?

Thanks.

:)

AdamGrant1982, Oct 21, 2019
  2. qubit Win User

Windows 10 Activation (Insider)

A Windows key for just 12 Euros? That's pirate then.

qubit, Oct 21, 2019
  3. Kursah Win User
    windows 10 key

I just did a deployment last night with a fresh 10 install using the newest ISO and a 7 Pro key, worked like a charm. Glad yours worked for you as well. *Toast :toast:

Kursah, Oct 21, 2019
  4. Will Windows 7 Pro OEM key work for Windows 10 Pro?

Clean Windows 10 (?PRO?) install

I have bought a legit "Windows 10 Pro" key of a key website. It is legit since i'm currently using it for over a year now. I currently have Windows 10 Pro installed on my PC and I want to do a clean install. I just can't find the windows 10 Pro download in the tool. But if i could use a windows 10 pro key with a normal windows 10 install, I'll be good to go.

JeroenBeunckens, Oct 21, 2019
Thema:

Will Windows 7 Pro OEM key work for Windows 10 Pro?

1. Will Windows 7 Pro OEM key work for Windows 10 Pro? - Similar Threads - Pro OEM key

2. Windows 10 pro oem key

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 pro oem key: Hello, I have an OEM windows 10 pro key, but the code VK7JG-NPHTM-C97JM-9MPGT-3V66T from Microsoft does not work to get me from the home version to the pro version. Help!...
  3. Windows 7 Pro OEM- Windows 10 Pro Upgrade

Windows 7 Pro OEM- Windows 10 Pro Upgrade: I would like to repurpose some old Win7 Pro OEM licensed desktops by performing an Upgrade to Windows 10 using the Microsoft Media creation tool. After performing the upgrade they will be joined to an AD domain. Now from license compliance perceptive do I need any other...
  4. Windows 10 Pro OEM Key not working

Windows 10 Pro OEM Key not working: Hi, I have recently bought a windowappearss 10 pro OEM key but when I try it this [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-pro-oem-key-not-working/0167bd45-131f-4aed-bd2d-4150cd1b824c
  5. Windows 10 Pro OEM key is duplicate

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Pro OEM key is duplicate: Goof afternoon sir / ma'am, I purchased OEM product key for Windows 10 Pro and while activating it says it cannot activate because the key is already used. if it possible to know when the key was used and where? And also to confirm if the key was actually used already?...
  6. Windows 10 Pro OEM Key Problem

Windows 10 Pro OEM Key Problem: Hello everyone. I've bought a Windows 10 Pro OEM key like 6 months ago which was fine when I first installed it but yesterday I clean installed Windows 10 again on the same computer with exact same hardware, and it shows that it is Single Language? Is this a bug or what cause...
  7. Windows 10 Pro OEM downgrade to Windows 7 Pro

Windows 10 Pro OEM downgrade to Windows 7 Pro: Hi, I need to use Windows 7 Pro due to hardware compatibility concern. I read from "http://download.microsoft.com/download/2/D/1/2D14FE17-66C2-4D4C-AF73-E122930B60F6/Windows-10-Volume-Licensing-Guide.pdf", page 14 that Windows 10 Pro OEM version is entitled to downgrade...
  8. Windows 10 Home Upgrade to Windows 10 Pro using old windows 7 pro oem key

Windows 10 Home Upgrade to Windows 10 Pro using old windows 7 pro oem key: Hi all, I have a windows 10 home device but I would like to be able to use a pro version of Windows 10, I have a copy of windows 7 pro and I was wondering if the key can be used in the store to upgrade the version of windows to win10 pro. I have entered the key and it said...
  9. Activating Windows 10 Pro with Windows 7 Pro OEM COA?

Activating Windows 10 Pro with Windows 7 Pro OEM COA?: Greetings. I have a question regarding Windows 10 activation. I have a system with a Windows 7 Pro COA, but I want to install Windows 10 via a clean install (the system is blank anyway) Can I use the key on the COA to activate Windows 10 Pro? Just wondering as the...
  10. Windows 7 Pro Retail upgrades to Windows 10 Pro OEM?!

Windows 7 Pro Retail upgrades to Windows 10 Pro OEM?!: Hello, I current have Windows 7 Pro SP1 64 bit installed from a Retail (not OEM) copy. If I read the tutorials correctly, I understand that if I install the free upgrade to Windows 10, there is no product key and it is tied to my hardware. Even if I create install media,...