Windows 10: Will windows automatically run updates if your current version reaches EOL?

Discus and support Will windows automatically run updates if your current version reaches EOL? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Got a cheap PC for my non-tech parents a long time ago - they just use it for youtube and googling recipes. Just for peace of mind, do you guys know... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/officeworker00, Mar 14, 2021.

1. Will windows automatically run updates if your current version reaches EOL?

Got a cheap PC for my non-tech parents a long time ago - they just use it for youtube and googling recipes.

Just for peace of mind, do you guys know what happens if for some reason, their PC's window version exceeds the End of Service dates?

Windows won't just not work for them right? Will it just nag them everyday to update? Or will it force an update by itself when they turn off the PC?

submitted by /u/officeworker00
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/officeworker00, Mar 14, 2021

2. Vista Automatic Updating Error

Automatic Updates isn't currently running.

DistantDeath, Mar 14, 2021
  3. jbunch07 Win User
    Vista Automatic Updating Error

Resolution Suggestion:

# To resolve this problem, make sure that BITS and the Automatic Updates service are started..

A simple solution but one that works in most circumstances!

1. Click Start, click Run, type services.msc, and then click OK.

2. In the list of services, right-click Automatic Updates, and then click Properties.

3. In the Startup type list, click Automatic, and then click Apply.

4. If Service status is set to Stopped, click Start, and then click OK.

5. Right-click Background Intelligent Transfer Service, and then click Properties.

6. In the Startup type list, click Manual, and then click Apply.

7. If Service status is set to Stopped, click Start, and then click OK.

http://www.updatexp.com/0x80070422.html- source *Smile Will windows automatically run updates if your current version reaches EOL? :) hope that helps.

jbunch07, Mar 14, 2021
  4. bigscale Win User

Will windows automatically run updates if your current version reaches EOL?

windows automatic updates

i have some questions about the windows automatic updates in windows xp pro w sp/2. ive got about forty updates they recommend , mostly for security but i only installed two today. after installing them i found them in my add/remove programs in the control panel, if i add all these updates that is a lot of space on my hd almost 1 gig. i thought that updates just updated files and not created new programs. should i innore all these update suggestions from microsoft?

bigscale, Mar 14, 2021
Thema:

Will windows automatically run updates if your current version reaches EOL?

1. Will windows automatically run updates if your current version reaches EOL? - Similar Threads - automatically run updates

2. Windows will not update. Currently on version 1709

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows will not update. Currently on version 1709: This is what I get-There were problems installing some updates, but we'll try again later. If you keep seeing this and want to search the web or contact support for information, this may help: Feature update to Windows 10, version 22H2 - Error 0x80070057 Microsoft .NET...
  3. Windows will not update. Currently on version 1709

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows will not update. Currently on version 1709: This is what I get-There were problems installing some updates, but we'll try again later. If you keep seeing this and want to search the web or contact support for information, this may help: Feature update to Windows 10, version 22H2 - Error 0x80070057 Microsoft .NET...
  4. Windows will not update. Currently on version 1709

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. windows 10 "your version of windows has reached the end of service"

windows 10 "your version of windows has reached the end of service": why does the update for windows 10, version 20H2 get stuck at 61% every time i try to install it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-your-version-of-windows-has-reached-the/1ae027b0-c648-4bc3-bd2e-1059c3b7a81e
  6. Your version of Windows has reached the end of service

Your version of Windows has reached the end of service: I have got the above message in System/Updates. It also states that "Feature update to Windows 10 Version 20H2 is ready to download. I have clicked "download" and it goes through all the usual checks but at the very end it states that "Something went wrong - Please turn off...
  7. Your version of windows 10 has reached end of service.

Your version of windows 10 has reached end of service.: I have windows 10 pro dev build: 21376.1,In my taskbar there is a red loading icon like this...Please help me to fix this.. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/your-version-of-windows-10-has-reached-end-of/bf13167b-c1c7-4db6-b436-78fd1c703506
  8. Your version of Windows 10 will reach end of service soon.

Your version of Windows 10 will reach end of service soon.: Hello there, I received this notification from Windows Update today : "Your version of Windows 10 will reach end of service soon. Click to download a newer version of Windows 10 to stay supported". The problem is that Windows 10 v2004 isn't available to me for reasons...
  9. Your version of windows 10 will reach end of service soon - why does it not update...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Your version of windows 10 will reach end of service soon - why does it not update...: I'm on winver 1909 and have a Surface Book 2. Recently I've been getting the Windows Update notification: Your version of Windows 10 will reach end of service soon. Click to download a newer version of Windows 10 to stay supported. Windows has in the past, always...
  10. your current version of windows might be installed in an unsupported

your current version of windows might be installed in an unsupported: Getting the following trying to update my Win 10 Pro X64 VM to th2. [img] I have not relocated anything on this VM, all is stock standard as installed. Program files directory entries are default, unchanged. Ditto for all User directories. [img] I running the...