Windows 10: Will windows be addressing the common problem of frozen pointer after recent update?

Discus and support Will windows be addressing the common problem of frozen pointer after recent update? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; WIndows needs to get a fix asap to the frozen pointer issue which developed right after a recent update. One laptop is fine, the other is not.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by geekiamnot_CJ, Sep 11, 2019.

1. Will windows be addressing the common problem of frozen pointer after recent update?

WIndows needs to get a fix asap to the frozen pointer issue which developed right after a recent update. One laptop is fine, the other is not. Frustrating! FIX ASAP!

:)

geekiamnot_CJ, Sep 11, 2019

2. Pointers

Points are simply a value (address) that "points" to a value. It has no extra information about what it is pointing to (hence the danger). When using arrays/indexers, the operating system knows this is a collection that is this long and is of this type. Any operation that steps outside of those constraints is caught and handled. On the other hand, if a pointer so much as points to the wrong address, all the values will subsequently be wrong.

Pointers are faster but more risky.

FordGT90Concept, Sep 11, 2019
  3. touchpad pointer is frozen

touchpad pointer is frozen

randywalters1, Sep 11, 2019
  4. Will windows be addressing the common problem of frozen pointer after recent update?

Mouse Pointer

Hi,

You can customize your mouse in a variety of ways in Windows. To change how your mouse pointer looks, you can follow the steps below:

• Right-click on the Start menu, then click Control Panel.
    • Select Mouse, then go to the Pointers tab.
    • Select the pointer you prefer from the drop-down list, click
      Apply > OK.

If you want to use a pointer that is not on the list, you can download it online. After that, go to Control Panel > Mouse > Pointers tab again, then click
    Browse.

Update us if it addressed your issue.

Angela Pun, Sep 11, 2019
Thema:

Will windows be addressing the common problem of frozen pointer after recent update?

1. Will windows be addressing the common problem of frozen pointer after recent update? - Similar Threads - addressing common problem

2. Problems after recent Update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problems after recent Update: An "Update" from a day or two ago required a restart which I did. But now I'm having problems launching standard applications Quicken, H&R Block which go into a "Not Responding" status after launch. When I look at my Update history it doesn't show the latest date of that...
  3. Problems after recent Update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problems after recent Update: An "Update" from a day or two ago required a restart which I did. But now I'm having problems launching standard applications Quicken, H&R Block which go into a "Not Responding" status after launch. When I look at my Update history it doesn't show the latest date of that...
  4. Problems after recent Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Problems with resolution after recent windows update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Problems with resolution after recent windows update: As the title says, on Friday my laptop started an automatic windows update, on Saturday when I used it again the resolution on my screen seemed to have lowered somewhat. When watching YouTube I didn't see a difference between playing the video in 720p and 1080p and when...
  6. Speaker problems after recent update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Speaker problems after recent update: After last night when i shut my pc down for a windows update im having this issue with my speakers. I cant play sound out of my speakers. To be more specific its not even letting me use them to play sound. If i try to play a spotify song, spotify just tells me that the song...
  7. touchpad pointer is frozen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    touchpad pointer is frozen: touchpad pointer is frozen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/touchpad-pointer-is-frozen/1066a466-3346-4680-864d-f750a0602cce
  8. Touchpad / pointer is freezing over after recent Windows10 updates

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Touchpad / pointer is freezing over after recent Windows10 updates: I have a HP Pavilion Laptop with Windows10 installed (factory). The latest update has caused my touchpad and pointer (on screen) to freeze and the laptop is hardly usable. The touchpad does work if I restart the computer, but after a few minutes it begins to freeze again. The...
  9. Problem after updating windows 10 recently

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Problem after updating windows 10 recently: After updating my OS to the Windows 10 yestoday, I have encounted two problem with my laptop . 1) After booting ang login, my PC primary moniter just displayed black screen. It will take more than 10 minuters, the display will work again. 2) There is no signal to my...
  10. Frozen Mouse Pointer

in Windows 10 Customization
    Frozen Mouse Pointer: after the update my mouse frozen every moment https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/frozen-mouse-pointer/3d8203bb-8ee8-49d8-8987-8e64b01e3085