Windows 10: Will windows fail and crash my ssd if I copy program files and program files (x86) form my...

Discus and support Will windows fail and crash my ssd if I copy program files and program files (x86) form my... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I had my pc fail and windows destroyed my ssd for no reason once and I don’t want that to happen again submitted by /u/Hoaxe72 [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Hoaxe72, Jan 25, 2021.

1. Will windows fail and crash my ssd if I copy program files and program files (x86) form my...

I had my pc fail and windows destroyed my ssd for no reason once and I don’t want that to happen again

submitted by /u/Hoaxe72
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Hoaxe72, Jan 25, 2021
  2. Tommygunn Win User

Partitioning Program Files/Program Files(x86) from Windows 10 install?

In the coming week I will be installing Windows 10 Home on my new computer. I will be using an SSD and an HDD, the SSD for the OS, programs and games and the HDD for photos, music and all the other slow stuff.
    So, my question. In case the OS were to ever get corrupted, or I had to reinstall the OS for any other reason, is it possible to have the SSD set up as follows; Partition 1 - OS, Partition 2 - Program Files/Program Files((x86) plus other associated folders/files) and Partition 3 for my games, so that any re-install does not wipe out my already installed programs?

I had no problem doing this in with my XP desktop(OS in C and Progs in D, although not perfect, but was never able to do it with Windows 7.

Can it be done?

Tom.

Tommygunn, Jan 25, 2021
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    program files and program files x86

Hi louandtootsosmundson

The Program Files folder and the Program Files (x86) folders must be kept separate to avoid conflicts

Window will automatically handle those folders, placing 64bit applications in the Program Files Folder and 32bit applications in the Program Files (x86) folder

DaveM121, Jan 25, 2021
  4. Ftax Win User

Will windows fail and crash my ssd if I copy program files and program files (x86) form my...

Windows 10 - installing to Program Files folder instead of Program Files (x86)

Ok I will try that - many thanks. I may also try to make a ghost copy in Program Files to see if it will allow me to copy over and still run it from that folder. Thanks for the suggestion!

Thema:

Will windows fail and crash my ssd if I copy program files and program files (x86) form my...

1. Will windows fail and crash my ssd if I copy program files and program files (x86) form my... - Similar Threads - fail crash ssd

2. Are these Viruses in my Program Files x86?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Are these Viruses in my Program Files x86?: My anti-virus ran its routine scan and found 2 files in my program files x86 that were considered threats. I looked on the internet and have seen nothing about them so I am wondering if they are a virus or not.The two files that it found to be threats...
  3. Are these Viruses in my Program Files x86?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Are these Viruses in my Program Files x86?: My anti-virus ran its routine scan and found 2 files in my program files x86 that were considered threats. I looked on the internet and have seen nothing about them so I am wondering if they are a virus or not.The two files that it found to be threats...
  4. Are these Viruses in my Program Files x86?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Why my windows program files in x86 ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why my windows program files in x86 ?: Hi, I want to ask, after resetting my PC, why does my system folder say x86? it should be x64, and I checked that the average application runs on 32 bit, I checked on the x64 Bit specification, but all applications run on 32 bit,For my operating system is windows 11...
  6. Why my windows program files in x86 ?

Why my windows program files in x86 ?: Hi, I want to ask, after resetting my PC, why does my system folder say x86? it should be x64, and I checked that the average application runs on 32 bit, I checked on the x64 Bit specification, but all applications run on 32 bit,For my operating system is windows 11...
  7. Duplicate installations in Program Files and Program Files (x86)

Duplicate installations in Program Files and Program Files (x86): I have a x64 PC, can I delete the duplicate installations of programs in Program Files (x86) that are also installed in Program Files? 157505
  8. Software that installs in Program Files or Program Files(x86)

Software that installs in Program Files or Program Files(x86): I just installed a software package published by a company that caters mainly to Mac users and (in my opinion) really doesn't understand Windows well. By default, their installer (install.exe) chooses C:\Program Files(x86)\xyz as the install directory, where let's say xyz is...
  9. program files and program files x86

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    program files and program files x86: what If I mixed program files and program files x86 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/program-files-and-program-files-x86/0e6ed22e-7f14-4bea-ba3c-65079ee7a563"
  10. Can't delete Programs files and program files x86

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't delete Programs files and program files x86: I am trying to change what disk i am using so i copied over the program files and program files x86 but i can't delete the old it just says file is still open but nothing else is open...