Windows 10: Will Windows Media Player Get a New Look?

Discus and support Will Windows Media Player Get a New Look? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, Today I am wondering if Windows Media Player will get a new look. I love to the look, but I would like it to be more "Windows 10-ish." It is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Computer Chicken, Jul 12, 2016.

1. Will Windows Media Player Get a New Look?

Hello,

Today I am wondering if Windows Media Player will get a new look. I love to the look, but I would like it to be more "Windows 10-ish." It is more Windows 8 to me and I would love it to be updated to a new, modern, look. Similar to Groove Music, but not that way. Just like it's looks.

Will this ever become true? I hope so, how many of you would like a new look to Windows Media Player? For all of you who like to listen on it and rip CDs.

Thanks! *Smile

:)

Computer Chicken, Jul 12, 2016
  2. WindowsOS Win User

can you get windows media player on windows 10

Yes you will get Windows Media Player. It's Windows Media Center that has been discontinued

WindowsOS, Jul 12, 2016
  3. Windows 10 Music vs Media Player

Trying to get a handle on all the changes in Windows 10. I notice Windows 10 comes with a new app called Music as well as the older Media Player. Is it Microsoft's intention that Music replace Media Player? Will Media Player run DVD movies or is it
    crippled?

DavidDixon MCP MCTS, Jul 12, 2016
  4. RWOne Win User

Will Windows Media Player Get a New Look?

Likely not - MS looks to Groove to take over.

RWOne, Jul 12, 2016
  5. That's what I thought, I am just going to switch to Groove Music, looking sweet so far! I love it, everything I would want in W.M.P.!

Computer Chicken, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Will Windows Media Player Get a New Look?

1. Will Windows Media Player Get a New Look? - Similar Threads - Media Player

2. Trying to add album artwork to my music files, but Windows Media Player can't accomplish that.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Trying to add album artwork to my music files, but Windows Media Player can't accomplish that.: Instead, what I receive is an error message, stating: "We failed to edit some of the properties in this flac file. Your flac file was not edited," or some variation of that. A bit of googling showed this could be a read-only issue, but no amount of toggling with that option...
  3. Trying to add album artwork to my music files, but Windows Media Player can't accomplish that.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trying to add album artwork to my music files, but Windows Media Player can't accomplish that.: Instead, what I receive is an error message, stating: "We failed to edit some of the properties in this flac file. Your flac file was not edited," or some variation of that. A bit of googling showed this could be a read-only issue, but no amount of toggling with that option...
  4. Why is Media Player missing important functionality from Windows Media Player?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is Media Player missing important functionality from Windows Media Player?: Microsoft expects everyone to move to a media player that: cannot add album art or edit details of FLAC files WMP can, remove specific albums or songs from your library WMP can, or edit details of multiple songs at a time WMP can??Why exactly is Microsoft forcing a media...
  5. Why is Media Player missing important functionality from Windows Media Player?

Why is Media Player missing important functionality from Windows Media Player?: Microsoft expects everyone to move to a media player that: cannot add album art or edit details of FLAC files WMP can, remove specific albums or songs from your library WMP can, or edit details of multiple songs at a time WMP can??Why exactly is Microsoft forcing a media...
  6. Why is Media Player missing important functionality from Windows Media Player?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Media player will not let me skip 30 seconds forward or skip 10 seconds backwards and is...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Media player will not let me skip 30 seconds forward or skip 10 seconds backwards and is...: it also doesn't let me move the bar as it is grayed out as well I have tried reinstalling but nothing works https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/media-player-will-not-let-me-skip-30-seconds/9c119567-99a5-4873-b3c7-1ceab8b7c2ec
  8. Media player will not let me skip 30 seconds forward or skip 10 seconds backwards and is...

Media player will not let me skip 30 seconds forward or skip 10 seconds backwards and is...: it also doesn't let me move the bar as it is grayed out as well I have tried reinstalling but nothing works https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/media-player-will-not-let-me-skip-30-seconds/9c119567-99a5-4873-b3c7-1ceab8b7c2ec
  9. Windows Media Player question

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Media Player question: So I usually select a bunch of songs into a playlist in WMP. Then I switch to the playlist view because I want to be able to see the list at all times. But If I want to skip one of the tracks and click on it, the playlist view switches back to the visualisation view. Is there...
  10. Windows Media Player Files glitch - all music now shows as "0 bytes," and all other file...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Media Player Files glitch - all music now shows as "0 bytes," and all other file...: WIndows Media Player has lost virtually all of the Music files information it had. I have over 3,000 songs in my Music folder, which suddenly disappeared from WMP after a power glitch on my desktop. Now WMP shows all files as "0 bytes," shows no file information. I did have...