Windows 10: Will windows show a hardware change activation error if I upgrade my ram?

Discus and support Will windows show a hardware change activation error if I upgrade my ram? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi!I am trying to perform a RAM upgrade for my laptop. Will windows show a hardware change activation error if I upgrade my ram?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by RohithRam03, Jun 13, 2021.

1. Will windows show a hardware change activation error if I upgrade my ram?

Hi!I am trying to perform a RAM upgrade for my laptop. Will windows show a hardware change activation error if I upgrade my ram?

:)

RohithRam03, Jun 13, 2021

2. Activation problems after hardware changes and reinstallations.

Hi Meli,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I do appreciate your efforts and time.

Was Windows 10 activated before re-installing it?

Along with the suggestions provided by Greg, you can also refer the steps below.

The only hardware changes that can negatively impact activation status once you upgrade to free version are the changes to the:

• CPU
    • TPM
    • Motherboard replacement
    The following changes are examples of hardware changes that will NOT impact the activation status:

• HDD/SSD
    • Video card
    • Adding extra memory
    If you replace the CPU, TPM, or Motherboard you may have to re-activate but this will not require a purchase of Windows 10.

Why can't I activate Windows 10?:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/why-activate-windows-10

Get help with Windows 10 activation errors:

Get help with Windows activation errors

Can I clean re-install Windows 10 after upgrading?

Can I clean re-install Windows 10 after upgrading?

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Jun 13, 2021
  3. Kolby65 Win User
    Activating Windows 10 Pro After a Hardware Upgrade!

I followed all the steps to linking my Windows 10 Pro to my Microsoft account so that I could upgrade my hardware, reinstall Windows 10 Pro, and activate it, but it's not working. I'm signed into my Microsoft account. I tried the activation troubleshooter,
    selecing that I recently changed hardware, etc. Nothing is working. I can see my old computer under my Microsoft account, as well as my new one (with better hardware). I changed the motherboard, ram, and CPU. Any suggestions would be wonderful.

Kolby65, Jun 13, 2021
  4. Hodakiin Win User

Will windows show a hardware change activation error if I upgrade my ram?

Win10 won't activate after RAM change

Hey! I replaced my old RAM cards with two new ones, and now I'm stuck with a "activate windows" prompt in the bottom right corner of my screen. The troubleshooter does not seem to do anything (tried checking the changed hardware option + chose my device
    in the list of devices + it said win10 was now activated.... but the prompt won't leave.)

I got win10 during the free upgrade period, and thus I don't have a product key... Any suggestions?

Hodakiin, Jun 13, 2021
Thema:

Will windows show a hardware change activation error if I upgrade my ram?

1. Will windows show a hardware change activation error if I upgrade my ram? - Similar Threads - show hardware change

2. Windows 10 Activation: Hardware change error but I haven't changed the hardware

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Activation: Hardware change error but I haven't changed the hardware: Recently I have purchased a new PC: the Lenovo M91P SFF Desktop PC, which comes with a Windows 10 Pro License. After setting everything up, everything seemed to work fine, except after a few windows updates now I get the message "Active Windows. Go to Settings to activate...
  3. Activation error after Hardware change

Activation error after Hardware change: Hello, I have had a Windows 10 pro for several years c a genuine product key. Now, after I needed to upgrade my system, I changed Motherboard and CPU and added an extra SSD hard for increasing windows drive. Before doing it, I read all of the instructions and recommendation...
  4. Hardware change causes Windows activation error

Hardware change causes Windows activation error: I recently changed my replaced my hard drive to a sold state drive the hard drive now acts as storage only. It caused an activation error it says my code is invalid. This was not a problem before the switch. Please help thanks!...
  5. activate ram upgrade

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    activate ram upgrade: I just installed an additional 4GB on my Inspiron 570..How do I ensure windows 10 is using it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/activate-ram-upgrade/f0820db4-10b9-49bd-a65c-a3a5e3c1395a
  6. Activation after hardware change error

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Activation after hardware change error: I haven't been able to activate my Windows for a week now. I've had a hardware change recently, and when I select my device, and say I'm currently using it, I'm always greeted with the "We can't reactivate Windows on this device. Try again later." How can I fix this? I want...
  7. Activation failure after hardware changes. (cpu mobo ram)

Activation failure after hardware changes. (cpu mobo ram): Hello, I recently updated my hardware and I am now being asked to activate Windows. I do not have the product key from when I originally bought windows and the troubleshoot only recognises my MSI mobo (old one) not the Aorus (new one). However, my email address is linked...
  8. Windows Activation Error after Hardware Upgrade

Windows Activation Error after Hardware Upgrade: Hey, I recently upgraded some hardware in my PC, and now it says that I need to activate windows. I upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 8.1 so I don't have a product key, and the troubleshooter gives me an "Unable to activate windows" error after I try to select which PC I...
  9. Windows 10 showing not activated after hardware upgrades

Windows 10 showing not activated after hardware upgrades: Hello, Last night I made a rather large upgrade to my system, Motherboard, CPU, and RAM to be specific. Everything worked fine that night, but this morning I have "Activate Windows" sitting in the bottom right corner of my screen. Going to settings to Activate Windows...
  10. Activation and hardware upgrade

Activation and hardware upgrade: I have Windows 10 Pro activated on my desktop SSD. I now plan to upgrade the motherboard, CPU and RAM but keep the same SSD and peripherals. Will my 10 Pro remain activated after the upgrade automatically or is there some process I should carry out before the upgrade? 35659