Windows 10: Will Windows update affect Device Manager settings?

Discus and support Will Windows update affect Device Manager settings? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; My pc has a cracked touch screen, so it is extremely difficult to sign in and get to the device manager ro turn off the touch screen. We managed this.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by R J Martin, Nov 24, 2022.

1. Will Windows update affect Device Manager settings?

My pc has a cracked touch screen, so it is extremely difficult to sign in and get to the device manager ro turn off the touch screen. We managed this. I'm on Windows 10 21H1. It now has downloaded 22H2. Will this alter the touch screen setting in the Device Manager?

:)

R J Martin, Nov 24, 2022
  2. Arun B J Win User

Bluetooth Driver Disappears from Device Manager and Settings/Devices

Hi,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern regarding the issue that you are facing.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps

Method 1: Troubleshoot

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your Drive. Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel
    • Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter

You may follow the steps and check if it helps in resolving the issue, as the device might be hidden.

• Press Windows key + X.
    • Click on Device Manager.
    • Click on View.
    • Click on Show Hidden Devices.
    • Search for the Bluetooth device.
    • Right click on the Bluetooth device and click
      uninstall.

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist

Arun B J, Nov 24, 2022
  3. AndreePin Win User
    Imaging Devices missing in Device Manager and Webcam doesn't working

Hi,

Since you mentioned that the said driver is missing in Device Manager, what we suggest is for you to check in the Hidden Devices section on Device Manager. Kindly follow the steps below:

• On the desktop, press Windows key + X and select
      Device Manager.
    • Click on View and select
      Show Hidden Devices.
    • Check for the webcam under Imaging Devices.
    • If the webcam is listed, then right-click on it and select
      Update Driver Software
    • Select Browse My Computer for Driver Software and follow the prompted steps.
    Please post back with the result for further assistance

AndreePin, Nov 24, 2022
  4. Will Windows update affect Device Manager settings?

USB devices have yellow marker in device manager under 'Other devices'

Hi Roger,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Let me help you.

• What is the make and model of your devices?

I suggest you to perform the following troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Method 1: Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter.

I suggest you to run hardware and devices troubleshooter and check.

• Press the Windows + X,
      and click on Search.

• Type troubleshooting and select
      Troubleshooting

• Click on Hardware and Sound and select
      Hardware and Devices

• Click on Next to run the troubleshooter

Method 2: Update USB Controllers.

To update the USB Controllers from Device Manager follow these steps.

• Go to Device manager in control panel.

• Select Device manager and a Device Manager window will pop-up.

• Double Click on USB Controllers to expand.

• Right click on the USB Controllers that is listed and select Update.

I hope the information helps. If you need any further assistance, please feel free to contact us again. We will be happy to assist you accordingly.

Aswin_Anand, Nov 24, 2022
Thema:

Will Windows update affect Device Manager settings?

1. Will Windows update affect Device Manager settings? - Similar Threads - update affect Device

2. Issue with windows updated affecting Device Manager --> USB properties --> Power Management...

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Issue with windows updated affecting Device Manager --> USB properties --> Power Management...: Dear Microsoft team, we use document scanner device with our Windows 10 laptop, and in the Device Manager --> USB properties --> we have disabled power management and turned it OFF Allow the computer to to turn OFF this device to save power , so that the USB port always have...
  3. Issue with windows updated affecting Device Manager --> USB properties --> Power Management...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issue with windows updated affecting Device Manager --> USB properties --> Power Management...: Dear Microsoft team, we use document scanner device with our Windows 10 laptop, and in the Device Manager --> USB properties --> we have disabled power management and turned it OFF Allow the computer to to turn OFF this device to save power , so that the USB port always have...
  4. Issue with windows updated affecting Device Manager --> USB properties --> Power Management...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Does adding a managed account affect others on the device, or the device as a whole?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Does adding a managed account affect others on the device, or the device as a whole?: I have two Microsoft accounts: One my school provides, with access to Office 365 resources, and my personal account, without access to anything special. I have added both accounts to a laptop that I own and share with my family, each with their own separate profiles, and I...
  6. Does adding a managed account affect others on the device, or the device as a whole?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Does adding a managed account affect others on the device, or the device as a whole?: I have two Microsoft accounts: One my school provides, with access to Office 365 resources, and my personal account, without access to anything special. I have added both accounts to a laptop that I own and share with my family, each with their own separate profiles, and I...
  7. Will Windows update affect Device Manager settings?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Will Windows update affect Device Manager settings?: My pc has a cracked touch screen, so it is extremely difficult to sign in and get to the device manager ro turn off the touch screen. We managed this. I'm on Windows 10 21H1. It now has downloaded 22H2. Will this alter the touch screen setting in the Device Manager?...
  8. Will Windows update affect Device Manager settings?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Will Windows update affect Device Manager settings?: My pc has a cracked touch screen, so it is extremely difficult to sign in and get to the device manager ro turn off the touch screen. We managed this. I'm on Windows 10 21H1. It now has downloaded 22H2. Will this alter the touch screen setting in the Device Manager?...
  9. Device manager disappearance in settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    Device manager disappearance in settings: When I go to settings in my Win 10 Pro and choose Devices option it immediately leaves settings. It does not happen with any other choice from the menu. Can anyone cast light on this, please?...
  10. Windows update and device manager port settings

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows update and device manager port settings: Device manager port settings for digi edgeport changed to 4 to 11. Previously it was set 12 to 19. We have seen few windows update before this change. May i know if any of the recent windows update can result in port change to defaults? Also if it can, is there any way we can...