Windows 10: Will WSL 2 support installing kernel modules?

Discus and support Will WSL 2 support installing kernel modules? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; This would be very useful and would make WSL almost indistinguishable from a Linux machine.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by TitaniumBishop, May 14, 2019.

1. Will WSL 2 support installing kernel modules?

This would be very useful and would make WSL almost indistinguishable from a Linux machine.

:)

TitaniumBishop, May 14, 2019

2. WSL: How does kernel recognize Pico processes?

Hello,

One of the presentations about WSL mentioned that when the NT kernel receives a syscall, it first checks if the process in question is a pico process or e.g., a Win32 process. Do you happen to know some internal details behind this step? E.g., which kernel
    data structure is being examined?

Thanks!

AmikaDeWit, May 14, 2019
  3. DoItJust Win User
    DIMM slot 1, 3 or DIMM slot 2, 4?

Page 1-23 in the manual;

1. (2) Supports two (2) modules inserted into either the red slots or the black slots as onepair of Dual-channel memory con guration. We suggest that you install the modulesinto slots A2 and B2 for better compatibility.

DoItJust, May 14, 2019
  4. Depth Win User

Will WSL 2 support installing kernel modules?

Install Diablo 3 on Linux

Just install PlayOnLinux? Why did they make step 2 and 3 of this "tutorial"?

Anyway, looking at the supported software list for PlayOnLinux, D3 is a step in the right direction. Lack of gaming is a factor for a lot of people when deciding on an OS, if more recent games get ported it may help migrate them to their preferred choice.

Depth, May 14, 2019
Thema:

Will WSL 2 support installing kernel modules?

1. Will WSL 2 support installing kernel modules? - Similar Threads - WSL support installing

2. WSL 2 - Can't install Ubuntu 22.04 - Can't use any Ubuntu with WSL 2

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WSL 2 - Can't install Ubuntu 22.04 - Can't use any Ubuntu with WSL 2: Hi! I did a clean install of Win 11 Pro yesterday. I did Windows update and I'm current.I tried to use WSL and install Ubuntu 22.04 with the new GUI. I'm a developer and this is the reason I went to Windows 11!When I install from the store it dies while unpacking with a...
  3. WSL 2 - Can't install Ubuntu 22.04 - Can't use any Ubuntu with WSL 2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WSL 2 - Can't install Ubuntu 22.04 - Can't use any Ubuntu with WSL 2: Hi! I did a clean install of Win 11 Pro yesterday. I did Windows update and I'm current.I tried to use WSL and install Ubuntu 22.04 with the new GUI. I'm a developer and this is the reason I went to Windows 11!When I install from the store it dies while unpacking with a...
  4. WSL 2 distro installation failure

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    WSL 2 distro installation failure: Installation of WSL 2 distros fails with error Installing, this may take a few minutes... WslRegisterDistribution failed with error: 0x80370102 Error: 0x80370102 The virtual machine could not be started because a required feature is not installed. I also cannot run Hyper-V...
  5. Installing anbox on wsl 2

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Installing anbox on wsl 2: Tried to run android apps on wsl using anbox worked fine on my desk following a reddit guide but doesn't work on my laptop with the newer ms linux kernel.Says dkms can't locate the binder and ashmem modules for some reason.tried kernel source dir doesn't work.Also question...
  6. WSL 2 Ubuntu

in Windows 10 Customization
    WSL 2 Ubuntu: Hello Sir/Ma'am, I'm using Windows Subsystem for linux version 2 to use Ubuntu and recently I've found out that my Ubuntu terminal is not giving any output when I type "Who" command. Can anybody help me? Thank you....
  7. WSL 2

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    WSL 2: I want to make use of WSL 2 feature with the new update of Windows version 2004 , in order to use WSL 2 i need to enable Virtualization in my pc bios settings. So when i enable virtualization my windows starts lagging and all the animations of scrolling etc etc lags...Please...
  8. Cannot install WSL 2

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cannot install WSL 2: I'm running build 18945.1001. I installed Windows Subsystem for Linux from the store as per https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/wsl/install-win10. I can go to the store, click Debian, click Launch and get a Bash terminal. I rebooted, ran Enable-WindowsOptionalFeature...
  9. WSL 1 to WSL 2 Upgrade

in Windows 10 Support
    WSL 1 to WSL 2 Upgrade: Been using Windows Subsytem for Linux for some time. How do I get it upgrade to WSL 2. 132527
  10. New Windows Subsystem for Linux 2 (WSL 2) Linux kernel with Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    New Windows Subsystem for Linux 2 (WSL 2) Linux kernel with Windows 10: Today we’re unveiling the newest architecture for the Windows Subsystem for Linux: WSL 2! Changes in this new architecture will allow for: dramatic file system performance increases, and full system call compatibility, meaning you can run more Linux apps in WSL 2 such as...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. wsl 2 install

2. installing a kernel module in wsl

3. wsl check kenel modules

4. wsl2 kernel modules,
  5. 0x80370102,
  6. what can you do with wsl2 debian,
  7. windows how to know if my install supports wsl 2,
  8. wsl 2 installieren,
  9. wsl2 sch_red kernel module,
  10. wsl2 installing kernel modules,
  11. wsl 2 compiling modules