Windows 10: Will WSL 2 support installing kernel modules?

Discus and support Will WSL 2 support installing kernel modules? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; This would be very useful and would make WSL almost indistinguishable from a Linux machine.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by TitaniumBishop, May 14, 2019 at 10:47 PM.

1. Will WSL 2 support installing kernel modules?

This would be very useful and would make WSL almost indistinguishable from a Linux machine.

:)

TitaniumBishop, May 14, 2019 at 10:47 PM

2. WSL: How does kernel recognize Pico processes?

Hello,

One of the presentations about WSL mentioned that when the NT kernel receives a syscall, it first checks if the process in question is a pico process or e.g., a Win32 process. Do you happen to know some internal details behind this step? E.g., which kernel
    data structure is being examined?

Thanks!

3. DoItJust Win User
    DIMM slot 1, 3 or DIMM slot 2, 4?

Page 1-23 in the manual;

1. (2) Supports two (2) modules inserted into either the red slots or the black slots as onepair of Dual-channel memory con guration. We suggest that you install the modulesinto slots A2 and B2 for better compatibility.

4. Depth Win User

Will WSL 2 support installing kernel modules?

Install Diablo 3 on Linux

Just install PlayOnLinux? Why did they make step 2 and 3 of this "tutorial"?

Anyway, looking at the supported software list for PlayOnLinux, D3 is a step in the right direction. Lack of gaming is a factor for a lot of people when deciding on an OS, if more recent games get ported it may help migrate them to their preferred choice.

Thema:

Will WSL 2 support installing kernel modules?

1. Will WSL 2 support installing kernel modules? - Similar Threads - WSL support installing

2. WSL 1 to WSL 2 Upgrade

in Windows 10 Support
    WSL 1 to WSL 2 Upgrade: Been using Windows Subsytem for Linux for some time. How do I get it upgrade to WSL 2. 132527
  3. Announcing New Windows Subsystem for Linux 2 (WSL 2) for Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Announcing New Windows Subsystem for Linux 2 (WSL 2) for Windows 10: Today we’re unveiling the newest architecture for the Windows Subsystem for Linux: WSL 2! Changes in this new architecture will allow for: dramatic file system performance increases, and full system call compatibility, meaning you can run more Linux apps in WSL 2 such as...
  4. New Windows Subsystem for Linux 2 (WSL 2) Linux kernel with Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    New Windows Subsystem for Linux 2 (WSL 2) Linux kernel with Windows 10: Today we’re unveiling the newest architecture for the Windows Subsystem for Linux: WSL 2! Changes in this new architecture will allow for: dramatic file system performance increases, and full system call compatibility, meaning you can run more Linux apps in WSL 2 such as...
  5. Windows Modules Installer Worker

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Modules Installer Worker: Windows 10 running very slow . Windows Modules Installer Worker is using a lot of resource. Can I change its settings? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-modules-installer-worker/727d4264-9406-476c-8461-1bc5f17b46f2
  6. What about natively supporting Android apps through WSL's concept?

in Windows 10 Customization
    What about natively supporting Android apps through WSL's concept?: Greetings, The whole Windows Subsystem for Linux is a VERY nice feature; Google is still keeping up their chrome os project with the "you can run android apps" thing as main selling point, although third party applications like Nox and Bluestacks already let you do that on...
  7. Kernel-Power (70368744177664),(2)

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Kernel-Power (70368744177664),(2): Good Day, My computer is rebooting randomly. I have searched the web for solutions, but I have failed to fix the problem. Please help. I uploaded my system logs: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AgOA5CRz9rwKjECnWWKaeKUudd8a Below is the error message for the power failure:...
  8. Windows Defender Modules Installer

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Windows Defender Modules Installer: Since installing 1809, I haven't seen "Windows Modules Installer" create a daily Restore point. 1803 created a "Windows Modules Installer" on a daily basis for the past 3 months. Has anyone else noticed the welcomed absence of the daily restore point. 119126
  9. windows modules installer

in Windows 10 Support
    windows modules installer: Hi, I have a lot of restore points piling up in my list of restore points with the title "windows modules installer." Almost one every day. I cant find anything matching in event viewer or task manager. Anyone know what this is and how to get rid of it? Appreciate your help....
  10. Windows Modules Installer Worker

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows Modules Installer Worker: I just noticed for the first time that my Windows 10 Task Manager is showing significant (~25-30%) CPU usage for the Windows Modules Installer Worker. The latest update I did was some Windows Defender updates this morning. I am running 14393.321. I did some research and...